ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Bloody hell CG SpeedWipe. I bought it from Scottish Dave who was the CG franchisee in the UK about 15years ago.

Can't comment but it felt nice

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Their wax is ace to, been around since forever.

Any feedback on my hoover question...🙂
My mate (a valeter) has a titan one. Don’t know what model but he raves about it. I’m going to give it a go when my Charles dies. But he’s about 6 and still showing no signs of his age bless him. And you’ve seen the s**t I have to clean. 😂

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've got a titan, it gets abused for DIY (hooked up to the saw / sander) and also for the cars. Never missed a beat and wasn't too expensive either!

A4 Avant & A3
I need to do the headlights on the TT, they are going a little hazy. I'm thinking 1500/2000/3000 wet n dry, then hit with some G3 cutting compound, but can anyone recommend a decent UV sealant I can put on by hand, I don't fancy spraying any lacquer.
@Cookson I've seen these mentioned in another thread when looking at options for myself

Seems to indicate it's a wipe on product that protects the lights after sorting them..

I've just been really mean & acquired a banger of a toyota aygo for my lad to learn to drive in & that has really hazy headlights so will have a mess about on those.
He's not 17 until November so got a few months!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I had those in by amazon basket already, just forgot to order lol. I'm going to Halfrauds for some 2000/3000 wet n dry at lunch and going to give them a bash later/Saturday.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Bloody hell CG SpeedWipe. I bought it from Scottish Dave who was the CG franchisee in the UK about 15years ago.

Can't comment but it felt nice
f**king hell! Scottish Dave! That was a wild ride of a business likes!

Oh and Fk425! I'm semi moist! What a product. Fk products really did work.

I found Z6 one of the best for dust but fk425 genuinely did help. I used it for years as I would go through that much it was so cheap! Serious performance quick detailer was one of the slickest products in the world at one point also.

God I loved quick detailers!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Bought a new car so the usual thing I do is give it a good clean.
Its just a cheap run around for the time being, can't beat it for £1500. All it has too do is last me a year or more.

Headlights were the first to be done, this is them before. Used the 3M kit and then Meguires Headlight Protectant. They did come up well, no after pictures though
IMG_1634.jpeg

It then had a proper good clean:
  • Wheels cleaned
  • Rinse
  • Autoglym APC and rinse
  • GTechniq Snow foam and rinse
  • GTechniq shampoo, rinse and dry
  • Clay bar (which I hate doing), quick detail spray after and dry
  • Medium polish
  • Fine polish
  • Panel wipe
  • AMDetails Ceramic Wax
  • AMDetails paint sealant
  • Black trim had AMDetails Trim
  • Windows got a polish and rain repllant adding to them
  • Insides got a vacuum and a good clean with the leather parts of the seats beinbg conditioned
  • Engine bay had some APC and a wipe down
  • Also painted the wiper arms black to freshen them up to go with some new Bosch Aerotwin blades
IMG_1636.jpeg

IMG_1639.jpeg

IMG_1641.jpeg

Has come up a right treat! I am happy with it and will do me for a while.

Need to polish and wax the Z3 which is next on the list.

A4 Avant & A3
Don’t you live in/near Yate?

Pop it round to my unit tomorrow and I’ll do them for you. Or if you’d rather do it yourself you can use all my stuff.
Sorry, only just seen this message mate.

That's a very generous offer, really appreciate that!.. I only picked the 'thing' up yesterday afternoon.. think the headlights are the least of it's problems lol but it seems to go ok, & hopefully it'll go through it's mot, the lad can then learn to drive in it to get a years no claims & buy something he wants if he gets himself a job! (insurance costs are crazy for kids)

No rush at all to get it sorted, mot is end of July & it was/probably still is just an advisory, and he isn't even 17 until November (car just cropped up from someone we knew so thought we'd grab it in preparation)

But if you have spare time at some point I might have to take you up on that offer as I've no idea what I'm doing really lol!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Need some more wheel cleaner, what are people using?

Is Surfex HD good enough for cleaning wheels couple of weeks or so?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It would do short term but it's a degreaser. Autowheel is great from BH but then again everything is great from BH. I find wheel cleaner is something you try and buy a little cheaper beacuse it's easy to go through lots of it! So wastage!

Anyway autowheel is great and obviously iron remover. You using EZ brush?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
It would do short term but it's a degreaser. Autowheel is great from BH but then again everything is great from BH. I find wheel cleaner is something you try and buy a little cheaper beacuse it's easy to go through lots of it! So wastage!

Anyway autowheel is great and obviously iron remover. You using EZ brush?
Yeh, well, it’s a cheap version of an EZ brush but does the same job. I looked at the auto wheel as well but thought I’d ask about Surfex with it working out cheaper.

Will give autowheel a look

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Need some more wheel cleaner, what are people using?

Is Surfex HD good enough for cleaning wheels couple of weeks or so?
Ive been using Smartwheels from Autosmart recently. Non-acidic and actually does a really good job.

I bought it for some of the more 'minging' cars I do, once in a while, and it wont be going anywhere near the higher end stuff. However, its good! Very dilutable and effective.

I want to get a little bit better at cleaning my car properly now I have one I see myself keeping long term - currently just a 2BM with whatever halfrauds shampoo I have to hand.

How does this shopping list look? Already have a good drying towel so that’s why there’s not one in the basket. Also tempted by hydro2 lite so may chuck that in too!

Once I’ve sorted the last bit of paintwork I’ll hopefully get it in with @Sir Nancy Flowers for a correction, but with an impending house move that’s slipping lower down the priorities!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cleaned mine last week but it rained and got a bit dusty and light dirt from a drive so went and gave it a jet wash. Quick jet wash and it was back to being completely clean again. Got to say the old C2V3 still stands strong for me. Can really see the metallic pop in this picture too.

View attachment 1698761
I still love the C2V3, Ron convinced me to go back to it and between that an cancoat as a base it's brilliant!

Ive been using Smartwheels from Autosmart recently. Non-acidic and actually does a really good job.

I bought it for some of the more 'minging' cars I do, once in a while, and it wont be going anywhere near the higher end stuff. However, its good! Very dilutable and effective.
Just out of curiousity, why do you not use Smartwheels for the higher end cars?

I want to get a little bit better at cleaning my car properly now I have one I see myself keeping long term - currently just a 2BM with whatever halfrauds shampoo I have to hand.

How does this shopping list look? Already have a good drying towel so that’s why there’s not one in the basket. Also tempted by hydro2 lite so may chuck that in too!

Once I’ve sorted the last bit of paintwork I’ll hopefully get it in with @Sir Nancy Flowers for a correction, but with an impending house move that’s slipping lower down the priorities!
Might help if I added the screenshot…
IMG_0723.png

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Swap the poorboys shampoo for some dodo juice if they still sell it.

Swap the wheel brush for the EZ one that looks like a toilet brush.

The perl, is it for tyre or plastics? I would highly recommend carbon collective sateen for tyres, offers the best of both worlds imo.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Just out of curiousity, why do you not use Smartwheels for the higher end cars?
Simply put, they don't need it!

The Ferrari I do has carbon ceramics so anything other than PH neutral stuff is a huge "no, no". And the Porsche I do is so frequently looked after being me that the wheels are always protected.

It's just a "do I need to use this product" kind of situation. Standard shampoo is fine on both of mine. If the Porsche didn't come and see me for a few months, I'd use smart wheels for sure :)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

In true CS spirit, I've ignored your advice and gone for Infinity Wax Incinerate 😂

Swap the poorboys shampoo for some dodo juice if they still sell it.

Swap the wheel brush for the EZ one that looks like a toilet brush.

The perl, is it for tyre or plastics? I would highly recommend carbon collective sateen for tyres, offers the best of both worlds imo.

Perl was for both tyres and trim, is it any good? It is there better which can do both, or is it better to get dedicated bits for tyres, and then trim?

Dodo born to be mild is available, that the one?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I find perl is rubbish for tyres, I use Autoglym Gel.

I'm after a decent sting pre wash for cars that have definitely not been washed by a person who cares.

Looking at HDD Grime Zero. Also need a fallout remover that's decent and not mega dollar. HDD do their remover but out of stock.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I just think it's a better topper than the gyeon one. Although the gyeon quick detailer was slick as!

Cancoat is a great product, really bonds well to clean paint and c2v3 is a brilliant topper or standalone..