ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Perl was for both tyres and trim, is it any good? It is there better which can do both, or is it better to get dedicated bits for tyres, and then trim?

Dodo born to be mild is available, that the one?
I don't like perl that much on tyre, it's good on a newer trims but find some of the newer longer lasting trim gels make life esier. Perl works well on engine bays.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I just think it's a better topper than the gyeon one. Although the gyeon quick detailer was slick as!

Cancoat is a great product, really bonds well to clean paint and c2v3 is a brilliant topper or standalone..

Have you tried Gyeon's Ceramic Detailer?

That's properly slick stuff and beads well for a few weeks after too.

Reactions: riz

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Can anyone recommend a decent/cheap cutting compound and finishing polish?

I want to sort the headlights out on the 5 series, but I ran out of whatever finishing polish @imprezaworks sent me with the DA. I've got some super resin, will that work for the final stage? Guess I wouldn't need cutting compound if I am using wet n dry 1500/2000/3000 then just polish off?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
This needs a job doing before it's advertised so thought I would wash, de tar (TARDIS), Autoglym SRP and topped with Infinity wax glaze. Scrubs up ok for a 137k 12 year old car.

In tomorrows news I have an old Porsche to get ready to advertise for the painter I use. Then on the weekend a 64 Mini thingy.

IMG_20240625_193156.jpg
IMG_20240625_193223.jpg
IMG_20240625_193242.jpg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I need a wheel brush.

Using the megs one but it always feels like I'm poking the discs or alloys with the tip.

Any recommendations?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good. Infinity wax brought out a new glaze similar to triple.

Wouldn't something like Triple on a quick machine pad be rapid for these preps?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I need a wheel brush.

Using the megs one but it always feels like I'm poking the discs or alloys with the tip.

Any recommendations?
Ez wheel brush that looks like a toilet brush. And maybe the small one depending on calipers. The toilet brush one is the dogs.

Reactions: riz

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Ez wheel brush that looks like a toilet brush. And maybe the small one depending on calipers. The toilet brush one is the dogs.

This looks pretty good...

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Lol or this off DW

Sleper
77 posts · Joined 2015

#6 · Sep 6, 2020
I have tried a few barrel brushes but what i find works best is a empty toilet paper tube flattened so it is like a half moon. Wrap in a micro towel and spray a little detailing spray on it. Turn the towel to a clean spot for each wheel and presto your barrels are clean. Works for me anyways my $.02

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lol or this off DW

Sleper
77 posts · Joined 2015

#6 · Sep 6, 2020
I have tried a few barrel brushes but what i find works best is a empty toilet paper tube flattened so it is like a half moon. Wrap in a micro towel and spray a little detailing spray on it. Turn the towel to a clean spot for each wheel and presto your barrels are clean. Works for me anyways my $.02
WTF!