ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not a pro mate lol. Do you need some polish? I'm getting rid of some but think its suited to darker coloured cars. My only advice mate is buy a few things and don't get carried away, I did lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Are you a secret car hoarder lol. It's in the for sale section mate but you can borrow it if you want and see how you get on?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've had CQUK and reload on for nearly 4 months now, still beading like a champ (obviously).

I'd like to add another layer of reload and a nice wax on top, how can I prep the surface well enough without removing too much of what's there? Its had a track day since initial application so Tardis and IX wouldn't be ideal for preserving the existing protection...
Thoughts?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
4 months? ? Sounds like the perfect stuff for me. .
Next time you do yours is there chance I can give you a hand to learn the ropes re detailing?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've had CQUK and reload on for nearly 4 months now, still beading like a champ (obviously).

I'd like to add another layer of reload and a nice wax on top, how can I prep the surface well enough without removing too much of what's there? Its had a track day since initial application so Tardis and IX wouldn't be ideal for preserving the existing protection...
Thoughts?

Hmmm, the protection will still be there mate, IX/Tardis won't affect that. It would just lose it's own properties maybe. But another layer or 2 of Reload/wax it'll be perfect. Make sure reload is the top layer of course because wax cannot touch those products for protection. You could email andy@Carpro if you want a definitive answer.

The beading and sheeting of Reload and even C2V3 is just mental.

General pre wash, car plan rds works fine, especially for the price it was selling in Asda. I typically use citrus power diluted 1:1 with plain water and still works great. Comparing them, citrus power has the edge with bug splatter and baked on grime, general tree sap/ aphids dropping, provided your car is waxed or sealed and still holding up, both will work fine with a pre wash and pressure rinse.

Is rds still on sale or gone back to full price? I've only seen it in halfords recently.

Back up to £6 - occasionally have deals like 342.

Buying a bottle for a brief top up detail due at the end of this month, Kev. Hope it's as good as you say, although if it's even marginally better than V1 I'll be happy for 6 months.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tripple mostly mate on the last couple of details mate. Including the Trophy I had. It was beading and sheeting through a layer of destruction dust. (local company smashes ups rocks)

It's not Cquartz but it takes 15 minutes to coat a full car giving probably 6 months worth of protection. It's simple genius is it can be used over anything.

Been doing a C2 GT in red today, Tripple then C2V3 are sublime. It's been so rewarding to do.

​Going to make sure the whole car is done well now, it's inspired me seeing these results.

AG 200 CUP
Could anyone tell me the difference between AF total & AF sprtiz. I have been using total to clean the inside for a while now just wondering if spritz just finishes it off? Also got some soul wax and it says to leave to cure for 3 hours before layering so does this mean you can't buff it off for 3 hours?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Been doing a C2 GT in red today, Tripple then C2V3 are sublime. It's been so rewarding to do.

​Going to make sure the whole car is done well now, it's inspired me seeing these results.

Not yours though... Right?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Could anyone tell me the difference between AF total & AF sprtiz. I have been using total to clean the inside for a while now just wondering if spritz just finishes it off? Also got some soul wax and it says to leave to cure for 3 hours before layering so does this mean you can't buff it off for 3 hours?
After buffing, don't apply another layer for 3 hours

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
So pretty much after polishing? And does it replace the layer of wax i would normally put on? Similar too tough coat? Apologies for maybe the obvious answered questions :(

Golf GT & A4 Avant
c2 is a stand alone spray sealant used after polishing/ cleansing/ glazing. it can be waxed over the top but not required. Gally has tried it alot and seems to think it will sit well over most things, but with slightly reduced durability, and has said he would use it over a show wax.

it sound quite a versatile product application wise. My only gripe with previous versions is that they didn't resist tar spots very well compared to other products, and water behaviour didn't last all that long. I'm yet to try version 3

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Kinda different and the same. Imo C2 offers more a nano style sheeting and beading and seems to last better.

As I said before even on a dirty car the C2 was still beading and sheeting to a crazy standard. I actually have a video i'lll need to upload for you guys.