ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Kinda different and the same. Imo C2 offers more a nano style sheeting and beading and seems to last better.

As I said before even on a dirty car the C2 was still beading and sheeting to a crazy standard. I actually have a video i'lll need to upload for you guys.

Reckon that's because TC is more oily, making it wax-like? That's my reasoning for thinking TC has a glossier finish.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That looks pretty good. Just rang one of the dealers to ask about delivery, £3 ish which isnt too bad.

Kev, please upload the video (going to buy it anyway, but would be good to see). On a similar note, I hand cleansed the panzer before a show a few years back. Then used V1 over the top. With two layers, some minor marks were filled. With three layers, it basically looked like I had cleansed and then glazed by machine i.e. tres impressive... presume V3 has the same properties, with multiple layers?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
GT are usually best for me. £7/8 posted pretty much for 100ml which will last quite a while. I've used loads mate.

TC is just a basic style product hence there being 5 versions of it sold by different companies.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
The kit above looks pretty good value looking around. Mind you if the 100ml lasts a while it be might a better option to just get that as apposed to the 500ml

GT are usually best for me. £7/8 posted pretty much for 100ml which will last quite a while. I've used loads mate.

TC is just a basic style product hence there being 5 versions of it sold by different companies.

But.. microfibres and and a bottle.. :eek:

Let on then, who else sells it?

He always does this. But then never tells. I'm about to text you, Northern Northerner.

Haha I jest, I've bought the kit because I went through the 50ml sample from Waxybox within a few weeks!

I ended up using it on wheels, trims, windows, everything really because it's so easy to use and quick.

This likely to last on wheels? Appreciate it has nano sealant properties, but the bonds of products to the medium are the weak point on high temp locations...? Questioning, not questioning you ;)

This likely to last on wheels? Appreciate it has nano sealant properties, but the bonds of products to the medium are the weak point on high temp locations...? Questioning, not questioning you ;)

It has lasted a few weeks for me, still sheeting after cleaning and they clean much easier than without, but like you say I don't think it will last much longer.

We listed them loads of times you pillock!

Once more won't hurt then! ;)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Im fairly certain that Autobrite Direct sell a version of it called Seal and protect, exact same smell, colour, application, glossyness and durability. Just miles cheaper.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
With the cost of C2, and Kev's claims of bonding over most bases, this could work out as a once a month quick detailer type product, bit like Z8. Keep the look of a nice wax but keeping up water behaviour.

Kev, what has it been like so far for resisting tar and other bonding contaminants?

With the cost of C2, and Kev's claims of bonding over most bases, this could work out as a once a month quick detailer type product, bit like Z8. Keep the look of a nice wax but keeping up water behaviour.

Kev, what has it been like so far for resisting tar and other bonding contaminants?

Should be good if it has nanosealant self clean properties as proposed above.

As suggested, the only concerns with a product like this, or rather the only query in my eyes, is bonding to surface (what ever that surface may be covered in, i.e. glaze).

Golf GT & A4 Avant
In my trials of previous versions, it didnt like bonding to anything. Even prime and toughprep couldnt extend its life compared to cleansers and glazes

FF Racing Blue 182
Bought some yellow polishing pads they arrived today but seem very rough

They are circular in shape are they ment to be this rough

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Either or I think. I normally polish then either put wax on or if I can't be arsed, tough coat. How much were the pads btw??

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mostly used over prep Dave. On the Clio the paint was still smooth since I clayed it.

I wouldn't expect it to be resisting too much tbh but minor tar probably. It's a super slick product.

It was still beading and sheeting like new when I sold it. That was over tripple. If it's going to fail easy it would be Tripple due to the carnauba. I would say don't compare it to old C2. It's clearly bonding well from what I have experienced.

Surely no one actually goes 6 months without at least a wipedown? 15 minutes and 1 or 2 cliths to do an entire car. I love the stuff.

In comparison to werkstat and TC it's a much more modern style product.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've got 2 bottles at work mate. Doesn't bond over everything like C2. Nice product though. Great gloss and slickness.

Also looked good on plastic. Water behaviour very nice.