ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Removing all the grime and ensuring a completely clean surface will make marks and swirls look more apparent and noticeable. The amount of people that say their car looks more scratched after I do a basic de-con and seal compared to how grubby and in scratched it looked before was enough for me not to want to do it to anyones car but my own

try giving it another go with tripple, and look into a wax or sealant that has a little filling capability until you can get the marks corrected.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Take it to someone who knows what they're doing Adam ;) haha just get a DA polisher

Shut it no breath ;) I have got a DA lol applied the tripple with it but no luck.

Removing all the grime and ensuring a completely clean surface will make marks and swirls look more apparent and noticeable. The amount of people that say their car looks more scratched after I do a basic de-con and seal compared to how grubby and in scratched it looked before was enough for me not to want to do it to anyones car but my own

try giving it another go with tripple, and look into a wax or sealant that has a little filling capability until you can get the marks corrected.

Yeah like I say the paint and swirls do look better just the swirls on it now stand out more than before.

I'll have another go with the tripple soon enough, got any recommendations on the wax? Cheers.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Typically an oily show type wax will fill swirls.

I have 2 samples left of illusion should you want to try it, but it's not a cheap wax by any means

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Okay I'm using collinite 845 atm.

How much is it mate? Vics red is a wax I used before, it's reasonable priced and more of a show wax, any idea if thats any good?

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I need to buy some more triple and thought I'd get a deal including tough coat too. But I also really like using chemical guys ez creme glaze.

What order would I use tough coat or ez creme first? Or are they not really compatible?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Ez creme is a glaze, tripple is an all in one cleanser, glaze and basic protection , tough cost is a sealant.

So either use ez creme or tripple, you won't see a benefit in using both, then top with Toughcoat

Not a 320d
Mt mate bought EZ creme I used it and it was OK. No better than black hole really.

He decided one day to buy every f**king glaze under the sun. Those Moose things with the hot rod picture on the label are nice.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I personally didn't rate ez creme. felt slick but not overly great at filling, not as good as tripple, plus it really affected the durability of the waxes I put over it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My filling with EZ on a Blue 3m and ep800...

yhaguqej.jpg

edabapym.jpg

a6yzabap.jpg

Great glaze. Amigo is much slicker but better on corrected paintwork.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
But kev's special so those pics don't count! They're old pictures of his original FRP IIRC.

I used EZ with my EP800 on soft non RS Megane paint and tripple by hand filled better

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
But kev's special so those pics don't count! They're old pictures of his original FRP IIRC.

I used EZ with my EP800 on soft non RS Megane paint and tripple by hand filled better
I think tripple would nick a few lights ones out also. Especially via rotary.

iceberg phase 2 172
Got a few things to swap ..1st up a big tub of r222 (blue lid) , around 80% full, next is autobrite cherry glaze, again around 80% full, and last got 4 dodo juice panel pots, hard candy, light fantastic, blue velvet and purple haze, all around 60-70% each, looking to swap something for some Sonax Extreme Brilliant Shine Detailer .. will get pics up later

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Before I de swirl the dci tomorrow I'll do a 50/50 bonnet shot of hand applied tripple an da applied tripple, I've also got some ez I think so ill do something with that.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Before I de swirl the dci tomorrow I'll do a 50/50 bonnet shot of hand applied tripple an da applied tripple, I've also got some ez I think so ill do something with that.

will be good to see that

just used C2v3 on the wifes Focus, already wearing several layers of wax so keen to find out how long water behaviour will hold up
thought it didnt spread quite so easily as the original formula, not that it's difficult in any way.
still think it's more glassy than glossy :rasp:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Guys, I zymol Carbon'd my car today and i've got to be honest, I was appalled at how it was to work with. Went on lovely, but getting it off nearly killed me!

I did 2 panels, wipe off one, do another etc. So it was left on there 2-3 mins I suppose?

What am I doing wrong?

​(Looked amazing when i'd finished though!!)

Clio 172
Probably should have left it on a bit longer to 'work' maybe around 20-30 mins.

Also we're you using it in sunlight? That has quite an affect when applying and removing certain waxes

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Carbon is a really easy wax to use Daniel, as said above the only real issues are too thick or too hot. It may sound obvious but even if not applied in direct sunlight the panels may still be very hot which could cause issues with products like waxes, glazes, polishes etc.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh incase anyone was interested in using Waxtec stuff the iron remover was very very good.

Not a 320d
IS there a trick to applying C2V3?

During my weekly application (neat) just now I found it dried real fast and sometimes it went streaky.

I found that rubbing the cloth over the liquid on the panel slowly with some pressure helped and got this almost spot on.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Went at it again today with the tripple by hand and managed much better results this time. Obviously not perfect but the swirls certainly look much better. Got the results I was hoping for at least :)

Only problem I had was the applicator pads were becoming fairly sticky making it a bit awkward to apply, had to use both sides of 2 applicator pads to keep it smooth to apply, any ideas on the reason for this or is it normal?

Think that makes my DA about redundant now lol. Very happy with the car though, a good clean and stand back always makes me grow more love for the car. Got some nice black clouds coming over now too.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
IS there a trick to applying C2V3?

During my weekly application (neat) just now I found it dried real fast and sometimes it went streaky.

I found that rubbing the cloth over the liquid on the panel slowly with some pressure helped and got this almost spot on.

Somebody mentioned this on DetailingWorld, apparently using a damp microfibre to remove helps. How much are you applying?

Havent had any issues with streaking myself. I normally just apply to the panel, wipe over with a MF and then buff with a clean MF.

Not a 320d
Somebody mentioned this on DetailingWorld, apparently using a damp microfibre to remove helps. How much are you applying?

Havent had any issues with streaking myself. I normally just apply to the panel, wipe over with a MF and then buff with a clean MF.

Not too much, just spritz the area so I can move it round.

Funny - I found it was a lot better towards the end of the car when the cloth was loaded up with C2 and damp.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Not too much, just spritz the area so I can move it round.

Funny - I found it was a lot better towards the end of the car when the cloth was loaded up with C2 and damp.

Shouldn't be an issue then if your not over applying. Try removing with a damp MF, failing that you could dilute it slightly and do a couple of coats per panel.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Using C2 yesterday I had one or two spots that dried slightly streaky, some of the panels I did first. I wasn't overly impressed with application, certainly compared to earlier versions.

used reload on my Golf after doing the focus, much nicer to apply. But I think it was Jaff that mentioned it a while back. Was awful on the windscreen driving into London last night in the heavy rain. Smearing, a little juddering, even using a strong dilution from the washer jets took several hits to before it smoothed out and was less smeary. Not pleased when driving at almost 3am.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah keep reload off the windows. Andy from car pro told me it would be good but unfortunately I feel he is mistaken