ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I must be sick in the head as I don't find the smell all that bad on normal IX..... Yes it's not delicious but I expected much worse.

This, I could have a sniff no bother tbh, thought it was going to choke me to death judging by what people say on here.

Been on DW since about 2008? maybe only posted once or twice, going to log on now and hunt gally down though I think.. ;)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
No no, this is when it goes from chat to threats of legal action about what you've posted about a product someone bums.

Maybe I'll just remain browsing for a while yet, Mainly joined to see what's up for sale, Finding it really hard not to go shopping for a DA...... My paintwork needs correcting so badly :(

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Going to have another tempt at cooking some waxes tonight, last attempt was alright but I have a few more different ones than last time.

Trophy #491
Maybe I'll just remain browsing for a while yet, Mainly joined to see what's up for sale, Finding it really hard not to go shopping for a DA...... My paintwork needs correcting so badly :(
There not all that bad lol. Alot of them are very helpful :cool:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Grey/blue colour but smells good, hopefully it works well!

null_zps2173a7c0.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Just ordered my first Waxybox.. looking forward to it! Will be a nice suprise to top off the month :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Hopefully test it tomorrow :) surprising its come out this colour really as it was a load of light coloured waxes

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I know everyone says about Gtech G1 for windscreens, but has anyone used Carpro Fly By 30 yet?

I'm not even sure they are going to continue selling it. Although the newer version is a bit better than the 1st afaik.

Still at £10 for G1 you would need to seriously have your head checked to buy anything and I mean anything else on the market!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not even sure they are going to continue selling it. Although the newer version is a bit better than the 1st afaik.

Still at £10 for G1 you would need to seriously have your head checked to buy anything and I mean anything else on the market!

Fair enough Gally! The only reason I was looking at FB30 was because for £15 you can get it with the glass polish as well which is obviously useful on an 8 year old windscreen!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Can't wait for my G1 to arrive as it seems like the rain is here to stay now :(

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Dies anyone find with g1 it leaves very very small beads of water on the screen? The big beads will fly off though

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Expected isn't it?

More surface area for the wind to get hold of the bigger beads, I just want to get it applied, Rain smearing is pissing me off.

(That reminds me I must order new wiperblades)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Well the smaller beads don't go lol, it's hard to explain but rainx does a better job at clearing all the water when moving IMO

Jaff, G1 needs a higher speed or vertical angle to shift the beading. That's why I go for G5 - I do mainly 30-50mph and it starts shifting at those speeds.

G1 lasts years, but I got rid and topped the windscreen with G5 as my G1 just didn't bead until 60+, so useless for my driving.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Jaff, G1 needs a higher speed or vertical angle to shift the beading. That's why I go for G5 - I do mainly 30-50mph and it starts shifting at those speeds.

Which would you say was best for someone who does a wide range of speeds? I spend half my time town/city driving and the other half on national speed limit roads and I'm often on the motorways to.

Which would you say was best for someone who does a wide range of speeds? I spend half my time town/city driving and the other half on national speed limit roads and I'm often on the motorways to.

I'd still say G5, Andy. The only thing is it dies off with wiper use after about 6 months, whereas G1 will last 18-24months with ease.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Cheers fella, Do I order a bottle of G5 now as I've already got a bottle of G1 winging its way to me, Hmmmmmm.

Dam my lack of research aha!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I find 35mph+ works with my G1. Town driving G5 is obviously better but sadly doesn't survive wiper abuse. :(

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
My g1 works well above 35-40 mpg as gally said but even at 70 the very small beads of water still stick to the screen whereas the larger ones fly off

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
on my clio g1 starts to work at 35-40mph depending how hard its raining. its not the easiest to apply.
g5 is more user friendly.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Postman just delivered my G1, I wasn't expecting a big bottle but f**k me they are small, Little goes a long way though I guess.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Need some G1 actually, always waxed my windows. Should perform a bit better through the winter I'd imagine.

Tbh I srp'd the windows of my Clio back in 2004 and it was actually quite good. Didn't last longer than a couple of months, but thought that was impressive at the time.

G5 has been on the side windows since dec and still going strong. Front and rear screens I can't comment as had them replaced recently.