ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just tried applying G1, Not sure how well it's gone, Proof will be when driving but it doesn't seem to quite disperse the water like I've seen in some vids :(

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Is that mega drill rotary attachment thing any good?

Seems mega pikey to me to me but I wanted cs's opinion on it.

even if it is decent, I still think it's too pikey to invest in one lol

To pikey for the CS high rollers to hear about!

http://www.monzacarcare.com/power-drill-polishing/meguiars-g3500-da-power-system-tool/0/I

personally would bother if your seriously thinking about correction. A 2nd hand da and a basic pad and polish kit won't cost too much more

I would love to see that on a roof.

Few things;

- too much polish
- "applying polish" is incorrect, you work in polish to achieve the results he mentioned before the "or"
- you have no idea how many rpm the drill is turning at as most drills have soft start and different stage triggers
- in addition to the above, you there have no idea how much cut you are achieving
- what the actual f**k

Meguiars. For every great idea, we have a s**t load of bad ones.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just tried applying G1, Not sure how well it's gone, Proof will be when driving but it doesn't seem to quite disperse the water like I've seen in some vids :(

Just gave the car a quick wash all over and it seems to disperse the water much better now, Still not quite up to the standard of some vids but I'm happy :)

I made a video on my phone but not sure how I'd get it on here.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Spin doctor s**t itself today. Making a really bad clattering noise. Gutted :(

Means I can allow myself to get a better one!!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Not a clue dude I'll look into it.

Any special offers running atm? Need a few products including a rotary.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not a clue dude I'll look into it.

Any special offers running atm? Need a few products including a rotary.

What you thinking of mate? Some very good Millwaukees for sale on DW. Stunningly good machine mate. Pisses over the spin doctor. 3M is a nice machine but maybe not for you with potential heavy use.

Festool is still the best on the market but they cost £££. Their warranty and aftersales is second to none.

Imo the Millwaukee is a great compromise between price and performance.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
On another note, the correct technique using a DA is superb, really really enjoying it recently. I used to use it for glazing mostly but fancied trying some correction due to new tech.

Bought some new bits to trial and a nice shiny black bonnet at work. Very impressed with minimal clearcoat removal and times not suffering too much. If anything low dust off the DA is actually saving time! Bloody hate dusting!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Never been a fan of correcting with the DA but if I don't get a new rotary by Saturday I'll need to do it on a Daimler six!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Erm... no i'd rather just stay in my bed... ;)

You'll like the Fiesta ST write up. Hopefully get it up tomorrow night.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I need to put more effort into my wrote ups. Keep forgetting to take photos of the process, just get really carried away haha!!

Look forward to it mate!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I stopped doing pre-polish stage as everyone is the same but did one for the ST for old times sake. :eek:

Oh and that Migliore ceramic sealant is fantastic. Too expensive sadly to overlook CarPro.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'll probably get some to try it, it'd be rude not to. It'd take a lot to take me away from CarPro's offerings. My cupboard is fast filling up with their stuff lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'll have a half bottle for sale soon. Got it on 3 cars so far and still over half a bottle. The applicator is the best i've used for a ceramic sealant.

Holds the product instead of soaking in and doesn't "set" so you use so little.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Hurry, while stocks last (JD GTFO)

JD's been heading up to Essex I reckon.

Went into two local Sainsbury stores, one being the 3rd biggest supermarket in the UK, and both sold out of RDS, wheel cleaner and their all purpose cleaner all on special at £2.09

Not a 320d
On another note, the correct technique using a DA is superb, really really enjoying it recently. I used to use it for glazing mostly but fancied trying some correction due to new tech.

Bought some new bits to trial and a nice shiny black bonnet at work. Very impressed with minimal clearcoat removal and times not suffering too much. If anything low dust off the DA is actually saving time! Bloody hate dusting!

What do you mean new tech

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Noticed this tiny little bug slowly clearing the condensation after washing my car last night.

null_zps1823f3be.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
Probably a stupid question but I've never applied Iron-X to paintwork before...

Should I be spraying all over and then agitating with an old mitt / MF or will it be sufficient just to spray and leave to dwell?

On wheels I just spray and agitate with a brush but I don't fancy doing that all over.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't agitate at all mate. The iron in within the pore of the lacquer really so it's dissolving the particle.

I believe PB use a work cloth but I never have. Just power wash off then SF/hand wash.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I do loads of motorway miles and was thinking about using a glass sealant is G1 the best and is it as good as I hear?

Also if I use some on my wife's car and if she occasionally used a cheap hand car wash am I right to Assume there products would remove the g1?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've not seen many things kill 3 layers of properly applied G1. I doubt the car wash stuff will. At the end of the day TFR is about the strongest thing a carwash will use. It's still paintwork, they're not using brick acid.

I'd give it a go.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Cheers I'll have a look.

I just rang CYC and he recommended car-lack glass sealant over G1 but G1's longevity really appeals.