ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm also looking for a proper spray and blast off gunk cleaner/degreaser. Daniel has something but no idea what it is. G101 does deal with thicker stuff.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
GT Crystal Serum - 5 years protection, What are we thinking? Real breakthrough in long term protection?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
approved detailer only IIRC. From comments I've seen, if you get it wrong its considerably more difficult to rectify than existing coatings. normal C1 and like coatings are difficult enough as it is if they're left too long, over applied etc

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They're just so user friendly in the most part, not the codes! I love the Menz range.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Gave up, looking through the other sites that we get discount through, now. Looked through CarPro site, and now looking through i4d but can't find a ClioSport discount code... Actually, I can't find the discount thread either now :( my day is not going well lol

Clio 16v 1.2.
Hi all,

My Clio has masses of tar and rusty colored spat on it, whats the best cleaning products to remove this, ive used metallic T-cut and it does remove it but takes alot of time and then a full polish and then a week later it is as bad and stook on solid again how can i protect it from this happening?

Cheers lads!

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Don't know, maybe the one I was trying to put in was an old one, like I say, can't find the discount thread to check it on now

Golf GT & A4 Avant
For the tar spots, a tar remover can be sprayed on and wiped off, Carpro TarX or Autofinesse Oblitarate

Rusty spots can be dealt with with a fallout / iron remover like Carpro IronX or Autofinesse Iron Out

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Ok, getting the arse with myself now, can someone PM me a link to the discount page please? I'm a paid member so surely I should be able to see it/find it??

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
I still haven't worked out how to get pics up on here :(!

GCC: I recently bough a bottle of gtechniq c2 trim restorer, was very displeased when it arrived at the size of the bottle, but my god it's brilliant!

Only need a few drops, used about 1/10ths of the bottle for my whole car, and it's suppose to last for upto 2 years! Definitely recommend!

Do you mean this stuff??
http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/shop/gtechniq-c2v3-liquid-crystal-100ml.html

Edit:
Anyone used this on trim? I see it's trim or tyre, but there are no reviews on here for it, and if I can be a tight arse and buy one product to do two things then all the better lol
http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/shop/gtechniq-t1-tyre-and-trim-250ml.html#SID=1964

Last edited:
Do you mean this stuff??
http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/shop/gtechniq-c2v3-liquid-crystal-100ml.html

Edit:
Anyone used this on trim? I see it's trim or tyre, but there are no reviews on here for it, and if I can be a tight arse and buy one product to do two things then all the better lol
http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/shop/gtechniq-t1-tyre-and-trim-250ml.html#SID=1964

sorry mate, meant this stuff... Gtechniq c4 permanent trim restorer

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/gtechniq-c4-permanent-trim-restorer/prod_851.html

I can see why you were a little surprised by the size of the bottle, 15ml is not a lot for that money!!!

I 100% recommend it though mate, was a bit skeptical about it to start of with but the results are stunning.

Been on now for 2 months and hasn't faded one bit.

If you are to get it, make sure to buy a bottle of IPA aswell and make sure the surface is correctly prepped :)

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
I 100% recommend it though mate, was a bit skeptical about it to start of with but the results are stunning.

Been on now for 2 months and hasn't faded one bit.

If you are to get it, make sure to buy a bottle of IPA aswell and make sure the surface is correctly prepped :)

The beer?. Lol
Good call though, I'll search it out now as I was about to press send on my order after adding it to the order.
Thanks

The beer?. Lol
Good call though, I'll search it out now as I was about to press send on my order after adding it to the order.
Thanks

Haha not quiet :p!

IPA - isopropanol alcohol

very good at cleaning the surface, also drys it out so when you apply the C4 it has a good bonding surface :)

Lastly, it you don't want to break the bank on c4, have a look at auto finesse : revive, heard very good reviews on this!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
C2 works on any surface and works well.

C4 is a semi permanent coating, not dressing and provide that the proper prep to give a bare clean base it typically lasts 18 months maybe more. If the prep isn't right or not clean it won't bond or last. After a thorough clean a wipe down with IPA or panelwipe is strongly recommended to remove any oils or residue.

GCC, t1 is good on tyres, thought Autofinesse revive was better on plastics

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
C2 works on any surface and works well.

C4 is a semi permanent coating, not dressing and provide that the proper prep to give a bare clean base it typically lasts 18 months maybe more. If the prep isn't right or not clean it won't bond or last. After a thorough clean a wipe down with IPA or panelwipe is strongly recommended to remove any oils or residue.

GCC, t1 is good on tyres, thought Autofinesse revive was better on plastics

Okay so this is what I have thrown together, any other suggestions? Also am I better off getting this kit instead of the two bottle of menz? Only thing is its PF2500 not PF2200 if that makes a big difference?

142v9xh.png