ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GTD
I got a pot of Fusso for Christmas last year. It's an ok wax, beads well but nowhere near 12 months protection. I prefer AutoGlym HD Wax although I've only ever tried these two.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
AF Mercury good at bringing a chrome finished bike exhaust back up to a high shine?
Or go Britemax Twins?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Have got my manifold cover in my engine bay, its metal but a bit tatty looking. Best way to clean it and bring it up to a shine? The bit at the front here:

bg41363689445$(KGrHqFHJFYFBrYwGnKeBQc+4+tRcg~~60_12.jpg

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
AF Mercury good at bringing a chrome finished bike exhaust back up to a high shine?
Or go Britemax Twins?

Absolutely, if you already have Mercury it will be more than up to the job.

I'm a big fan of the Britemax Twins though!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Have got my manifold cover in my engine bay, its metal but a bit tatty looking. Best way to clean it and bring it up to a shine? The bit at the front here:

bg41363689445$(KGrHqFHJFYFBrYwGnKeBQc+4+tRcg~~60_12.jpg

Give it a bash with some metal polish, could always use some wire wool too if it's not shifting the grime.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Gyeon Can Coat? Highly rated. The new CarPro Reload? I've done plenty of write ups on it and use it a lot. Unrivalled in my opinion.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Just in from giving the Megane a quick wash and wanted to get it protected as the AMseal i put on is not protecting it as it was after 2 months and 9k miles.

Ended up having to use about half a litre of Tardis as it was as if i had driven through a tar factory, Terrible tar spots everywhere and used half my bottle of Korrosol. Carbotech pads are bad for fallout LOL and i was trying to get the rear wheels looking better after going down to the metal on a trackday, Improvement but still no where near perfect.

Used my Wetcoat for the first time as well, very impressed with it. Perfect for my needs at the moment with it being incredibly quick and easy to use. Water behaviour is awesome but it started to rain just as i was finishing up so didn't get a chance to dry it to see what the gloss levels are like but it looks good even in the wet.

Im away doing contract work over the country during the Xmas/New Year period so looking forward to seeing how it copes with the Scottish winter weather and the state of the roads

Probably been asked before but I've never used a pre-wash before and was looking at Valet Pro Citrus. I know a typical dilution ratio is 1:10 but how is it used? Generic spray bottle or would that take forever to do the full car? Do you have to use a lot or just a quick mist over the car?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
any generic bottle will do, or use a pump sprayer from somewhere like B&Q, pump up to build the pressure and mist over the whole car. leave to dwell then pressure rinse off works fine with me

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I used one of those pump and spray bottles, a 2-3L one IIRC. Snowfoam now so never use the bottle. Works pretty well, a few pumps and you can spray the whole car.

One of these @jesus :
21JUt0UqEWL.jpg

Edit: exactly as @Yellow Dave suggested as I was typing that!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
No idea, I used Rapid Dirt Shifter (similar stuff) a 1L bottle would last quite a while, I guess 5 or 6 washes maybe? (on the Clio MK3).

Golf GT & A4 Avant
on a grimey car I typically use VP citrus wash between 1-5 and 1-10. being generous over the panels, wheels and inner arches you'll get through a litre of mix pretty easily in a wash. so a 1litre bottle may last between 5 and 10 washes, but it can be diluted as far as 1-20 IIRC so will last longer.

It will take a few tries to see how you like to use it and at what dilutions as everyone has their preferences but thats a level to start from.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
@jesus I didn't, I just used RDS neat. Always worked pretty well, never thought to dilute it. I probably used about 2-300ML per wash concentrating on the lower panels, and a quick mist. Not soaking them. Rapid Dirt Shifter is similar to citrus prewash, not sure if its the same though.

Cheers for the info! I might only use it on the lower panels and rear bumper as they are the bits that are covered in crap always. That way I won't be using as much of it and it'll last me longer :)

Do they do a good job of shifting the crap then or just make it easier to wash?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
RDS did alright, never felt necessary though hence I didn't bother with it for a while and then got snowfoam.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
followed by a rinse with the pressure washer they will remove a fair bit of grime, but it's far from a clean finish afterwards and will always require a proper wash. but it also helps to soften the bond of dirt and the paint so making it easier to wash anyway

I don't even have a pressure washer! If I did I'd just use snowfoam. I am really lazy when it comes to cleaning (unless I'm in the mood) so can't be bothered getting an extenson cable out and messing around. I think I'll give the pre-wash a miss altogether lol.

Mini JCW
Forgotten how easy Hydro2 is to apply and the insane beading it leaves - applied it to my parents car yesterday with great results.

The only downside being the pressure washer lance, for some reason, wasn't 100% locked in place, flew off and put a dent in the bonnet :(

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Forgotten how easy Hydro2 is to apply and the insane beading it leaves - applied it to my parents car yesterday with great results.

The only downside being the pressure washer lance, for some reason, wasn't 100% locked in place, flew off and put a dent in the bonnet 😧

It's a great product, ideal for this time or the year.

I found by using a Si02 enriched shampoo such as Gyeon Bathe+ it lasts really well too.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I don't even have a pressure washer! If I did I'd just use snowfoam. I am really lazy when it comes to cleaning (unless I'm in the mood) so can't be bothered getting an extenson cable out and messing around. I think I'll give the pre-wash a miss altogether lol.
If I didn't have a pressure washer id use a prewash, then rinse with the hose. It'll have more cleaning power to shift dirt without touching it, reducing scratches from washing.

Where do you keep your microfibres that you've used and then want to store? I was thinking some sort of plastic tub with a lid but I don't want the dampish ones going all mouldy or whatever. All my cleaning stuff is just kept on shelving in the garage.

I'm just looking for ideas as my house has limited storage and I don't want them covered in crap on the garage floor!

@-J- yes that complete set is doing very well and fair play to Autofinesse for doing their bit for charity.

The single original pots are going on sale later but not sure what time. AF posted a video on Instagram of the waxes just been poured and cooling. These are gonna fly so if anyone wants one I'd suggest you be quick!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Desire £250 Illusion £180
HOW MUCH?

The pot is special, but its the same product as the regular shitty cheap pots the usually use. The hike is a bit rich for me.