ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Seen them for £45 (q washers) for 10m. I'd expect 15m to come in at £55.

Either way though the cheaper Karchers and Nilfisks are still pretty crap. Mines nearly 5 years old but rarely used. I'd not buy another.

£46.99 for a 15m

I’ve had two Nilfisks over the last 9 years and my current one is still going strong.Both of mine have taken a right old pounding and I can’t fault them.

they do exactly what I need them to do ie wash cars and clean the garden patio. I just don’t see the need to spunk £500+ on one to do the same job as a £150 machine.

if I was a professional valeter/detailer I’d just go out and buy a hot water karcher.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
£46.99 for a 15m

I’ve had two Nilfisks over the last 9 years and my current one is still going strong.Both of mine have taken a right old pounding and I can’t fault them.

they do exactly what I need them to do ie wash cars and clean the garden patio. I just don’t see the need to spunk £500+ on one to do the same job as a £150 machine.

if I was a professional valeter/detailer I’d just go out and buy a hot water karcher.

Horses for courses.

I get what you’re saying but use one and you might change your mind.

Why do we spend a bucket load on shampoos, ceramics and waxes when your bog standard turtle wax equivalent will make do?

I don’t really buy into the frequency or pro detailer argument. You’re top line Kranzle won’t decrease cleaning time, it’ll just improve the efficiency of contactless washing while enhancing the effectiveness of the jet wash process (snow foam etc). Certainly not a jet wash for the masses but definitely one for the detailers out there. I’m yet to see anyone who owns one say they’re a waste of money or offer nothing that your bog standard Karcher offers. In fact most say the exact opposite.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Not tried it yet. Well reviewed on the EZ fb page but there is a lot of ass kissing in the hope of free stuff on there. Value for money it cant be beaten. Yesterday when I looked a bottle of AF Iron Out was £13 ex del for 500ml. So its 5x better value in that example

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
30ml of C4 for £19.

Get it before someone spots the mistake lol.

Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer 30ml - Revitalize Tired, Faded, Discoloured Car and Vehicle Trim - Premium Weather Protection, UV Resistant, Leaves No Unattractive Gloss - 2 Year Durability https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IOMDVWA/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Anyone received this yet? Had a message from amazon today saying they are trying to get hold of it but will offer a refund if not.

Reactions: riz

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
93383317-C635-4D0E-AB9C-A4B7874002EA.jpeg

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
No such luck for me. They've just told me they will email when they have a delivery date. I assume because they want me to cancel as it was so cheap. @Sunglasses_Ron I ordered the same day as you and I haven't had anything yet. What have you been bribing amazon with aye?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
No such luck for me. They've just told me they will email when they have a delivery date. I assume because they want me to cancel as it was so cheap. @Sunglasses_Ron I ordered the same day as you and I haven't had anything yet. What have you been bribing amazon with aye?

I had the email saying no delivery date a couple of weeks ago and asking if I wanted to cancel. I just ignored it and got that email the other day.

Fingers crossed 🤞

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
I’ll ignore for now and hope they cough up a driver date ina few days. Also ordered on the 18th as soon as I saw the post. Hopefully it arrives.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Been very lazy in the last few months with keeping on top of the cars. Need to give the mrs’ BM a good clean and then a top up of coatings. Bought a few bits in anticipation
f135a8cbdd487bd35959939deb96958f.jpg
dfb80e4052099ada7c2416122beb5076.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Been very lazy in the last few months with keeping on top of the cars. Need to give the mrs’ BM a good clean and then a top up of coatings. Bought a few bits in anticipation
View attachment 1440128View attachment 1440129

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let us know what you think of the wet coat. I've got polar seal at the moment and its epic

I’ve been using Auto Finesse aqua coat and I’m less than impressed with it tbh.

I used hydro2 for years but found that it was leaving staining which was especially noticeable on dark coloured cars.

think ill give the Gyeon one a try next.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i

I used hydro2 for years but found that it was leaving staining which was especially noticeable on dark coloured cars.

Honestly, give Polar Seal a go. 3 cap fills, 400ml of water and go to town. Smells like old mans aftershave (in a nice way) and for how quick it is to apply, it lasts really well. Did the old mans car after a spray decon and it's still going 5 weeks on. Not as beady but acceptable.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2

Tried it on the Clio last week, which hasn’t been washed in months and its years since it was last deconned (unfortunately it’s parked on the road so I’ve given up with it cosmetically)
Pretty impressed with it. Seems to work better than bathe+ shampoo.

The BM was coated with mohs+ about 20 months ago but the bonnet and roof aren’t responding that well to bathe+ to top hydrophobic qualities anymore. So I’ve decided to do a non contact decon then top up. The Gyeon range is pretty confusing and even they were a big vague on what to top up with. As I already have cure.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

I've been using Carbon Collective Hybrid recently and it works great. Durability may not be as good as others but no staining or marks at all.

Think the Di Vessel helps massive with reducing water marks though.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I’ve ordered my first bit to get my detailing bundle together. Started with CarPro TriX - amazing stuff.

Has anyone used the clay mit yet?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Gtechniq easy coat has been announced now looks similar to a bunch of other products on the market already. Just perhaps a little easier to use and residue free.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Mine arrived after a couple of days. The deal was posted on Detailing World so I presume they go overrun with orders.

TBH I’m surprised they didn’t refund the lot as apparently £20 is cheaper than cost.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Update: just had my order confirmed for delivery on the 19th for the coating. Only 1 month and 1 day since ordering lol.

Also, someone asked how I got on with EZ fallout remover. Used on my well maintained silver car and still managed to get plenty of bleeding. Great value for money. Even put it in a pump bottle to save my forearms!

Hi, does anyone know if there is a product for restoring plastic trim that are not black?

My 172 Cup bodywork is very tidy but the side trims on the doors have discolouring or fading in places. The only posts I've seen are people having them resprayed body colour but the original 172 Cup ones are a duller satin finish so prefer to keep original if can restore, otherwise I'll leave as is.

Thanks for any advice.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Update: just had my order confirmed for delivery on the 19th for the coating. Only 1 month and 1 day since ordering lol.

Also, someone asked how I got on with EZ fallout remover. Used on my well maintained silver car and still managed to get plenty of bleeding. Great value for money. Even put it in a pump bottle to save my forearms!

Was me. Cheers.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Hi, does anyone know if there is a product for restoring plastic trim that are not black?

My 172 Cup bodywork is very tidy but the side trims on the doors have discolouring or fading in places. The only posts I've seen are people having them resprayed body colour but the original 172 Cup ones are a duller satin finish so prefer to keep original if can restore, otherwise I'll leave as is.

Thanks for any advice.

Give solution finish a try. It’s not permanent so if it’s not to your liking it’ll come off after several washes.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Has anyone else went tits in the autobrite christmas sales?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk