ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Not seen anything about that sale, is there anything good ?
Everything youd need, I've ended up with 5l of wheel cleaner, top gloss, snowfoam, wheel brush set, over 1L of new polishes and a few odds and ends, I'll dig a link out just now, didnt bother getting fallout remover or tar and glue as I've already got about 10L of each kickin around but it's all there

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
The Mrs’ BM was starting to look a bit sad as it hasn’t been washed in a couple of months. It was also in desperate need of a top up to the coatings as particularly the bonnet and roof weren’t beading anymore even after using bathe+.
Gave it a thorough going over, including door shuts, boot shut and engine bay. Ironx-ed and de-tarred it. This seemed to revive the the coatings in places. I was going to then give it a wipe over with Cure but it started raining so used Wet Coat instead. Pleased with the result from the Wet Coat.
Annoyingly the pressure washer hose split-
@Sunglasses_Ron was it you that said cheap nilfisk replacement hoses were on eBay ?

Hopefully get it finished tomorrow- coat the glass, treat the tyres and give the interior a once over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
The Mrs’ BM was starting to look a bit sad as it hasn’t been washed in a couple of months. It was also in desperate need of a top up to the coatings as particularly the bonnet and roof weren’t beading anymore even after using bathe+.
Gave it a thorough going over, including door shuts, boot shut and engine bay. Ironx-ed and de-tarred it. This seemed to revive the the coatings in places. I was going to then give it a wipe over with Cure but it started raining so used Wet Coat instead. Pleased with the result from the Wet Coat.
Annoyingly the pressure washer hose split-
@Sunglasses_Ron was it you that said cheap nilfisk replacement hoses were on eBay ?

Hopefully get it finished tomorrow- coat the glass, treat the tyres and give the interior a once over

yeah there’s a company that’s sells rubber hoses on there mate

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
yeah there’s a company that’s sells rubber hoses on there mate

Cheers

Wet coat doing it’s thing
65b879b7712006ba5da6a2fdc7a995d9.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
All but given up on looking after the cars until spring.

Hydro2 or what other options are there nowadays for a spray on pressure wash off sealant to get through winter?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Hydro2 or what other options are there nowadays for a spray on pressure wash off sealant to get through winter?

Don’t bother with auto finesse aqua coat. Its very disappointing.

Bouncers bead juice has some good write ups but I’ve yet to try it myself,

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2

That’s Gyeon Wet Coat above- spray on rinse off

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Is that a spray on jet wash off type sealant mate?

Yes mate spray on wash off but it does suggest spraying to a wet car and drying off without rinsing away the first time round.

I just used it for a pre winter extra coating but it is over a ceramic coating so hard to tell how good it'd be on an unprotected car.

Clio 172 Cup
I have just used the turtle wax hydro shine thing and it’s cheap and to be honest come out good as a part of my winter products , agree with above auto finesse aqua coat is shocking left loads of marks too on paintwork

Attachments

• 403C87DD-C739-439B-B305-B88191A8EB15.jpeg
    403C87DD-C739-439B-B305-B88191A8EB15.jpeg
    418.6 KB · Views: 131

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

I like GTechniq C2v3. Can be used as a watered down detailing spray also. It’s a spray on, polish off product though. Offers up to 6 months of protection.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I’ve been using the Valet Pro Snow Foam ph neutral for a very long time and been pleased with it. Lately I’ve been wanting to try the Bilt Hamber Auto Foam as there’s really good reports about it.
I’m getting my car ceramic coated very soon and would like to get the BH but I’ve been reading on the detail sites it does not mention that it is safe for ceramic coatings.
I use the snow foam through a pressure washer using a foam lance, is the BH safe on coatings provided it is diluted down?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
anyone got any tips on removing the smell of rubber from mat? i bought some off ebay for winter but they stink
Worth trying Gtechniq Tri Clean , it’s a APC with antibacterial so it gets rid of germs and also eliminates smells. I’ve got some and it’s superb stuff and smells nice too. Edit, also use a brush to agitate it in.

Last edited:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I’ve been using the Valet Pro Snow Foam ph neutral for a very long time and been pleased with it. Lately I’ve been wanting to try the Bilt Hamber Auto Foam as there’s really good reports about it.
I’m getting my car ceramic coated very soon and would like to get the BH but I’ve been reading on the detail sites it does not mention that it is safe for ceramic coatings.
I use the snow foam through a pressure washer using a foam lance, is the BH safe on coatings provided it is diluted down?

I would expect so as otherwise there would be a limited target audience. Ceramic coatings are generally very hard wearing and you’d struggle to remove them without an abrasive.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just use Reset in the foamer.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
there's some stone chips on my nephews car on the front end of the car and bonnet. If he was to get some paint mixed up in a bottle and dabbed it to wherever it needed it.
How long would the paint to dry up? Was wondering once it was dried up would it be possible then to machine polish those stone chip areas to get pretty much perfect paint finish?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
You'd ideally want to wet sand it smooth first but it could be done to a point where you'd barely notice. Not sure on drying times but I don't think they usually take long.