ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Carpro reset is good value as long as you don’t use too much. A little dab’ll do ya.
I've literally been waiting for someone to recommend this instead of me. I recommend it to everyone I know and it was getting a bit embarrassing. Felt like the 'do you work for Carpro' questions were coming 😂.

Jokes aside its genius stuff. £20 for a litre and I've not even used 1/5th in 3 months. And that's after the old man had his mitts on it which inevitably means he used 3x as much as required.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
It's good but my only concern would it be leaving a residue that sits over your LSP.

BH stuff supposed to be good.

I just got this sponge too which is great.

I use Wolf's Nano wash and

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
bought my brother a bouncers mystery box for xmas and was really surprised what i got in it

capture the rapture wax 200ml
bead juice 1L
look sharp cleaner 500ml
drop and roll glass sealent
waxstock 2019 ltd edt wax
mug

added it up and came to roughly £120, not bad for £45!

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Trying this out.

Adam's Car Wash Shampoo - pH Neutral Soap Formula For Safe, Spot Free Cleaning - Thick, Luxurious Foam Suds That Always Rinse Clean - Ultra Slick Formula That Wont Scratch or Leave Water Spots (16 oz) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0058JJS0Q/?tag=cliospnet01-21
Got 20% off too.

Only heard good things about the Adam's shampoo, supposed to work really well if you wash outside and in direct sunlight/in hot weather as it apparently doesn't leave soap residue after it's dried up.

Still on my to try list, but got a couple of other shampoos to try first and I've promised myself to finish a bottle before buying a new one, which doesn't work half the time..

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Is that 20% off via their own website? And did you get free shipping to the UK with an order over 100?

I'm getting 20% off and then have to pay 88 USD shipping ;)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Through Amazon mine was. Just tick the box.

Wether it's because I have used a 20% voucher on an order. But it looks like 25% can be applied to the gallon

Screenshot_20191220-091927.jpg

Reactions: MLB

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
My Kranzle arrived last week. I was expecting it to be good and a step up from my Nilfisks of old but this thing is in a league of its own. The MTM PF22 cannon is also very good.

It’s like using a petrol station power washer in the luxury of your own home lol. @ 25KG it’s a solid bit of kit.

Made up with it, worth every penny.

78f5afdd0153bb5ea19f4296667b4574.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Through Amazon mine was. Just tick the box.

Wether it's because I have used a 20% voucher on an order. But it looks like 25% can be applied to the gallon

View attachment 1445152

Ahh I got confused by the American Amazon website, I see the tick box now, Hm yeah that's a good deal, be rude not to try a bottle for that price.. ;)

@Al_G that looks amazing! That's going to be the replacement of my Nilfisk as well but that thing won't give up!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
@Al_G that looks amazing! That's going to be the replacement of my Nilfisk as well but that thing won't give up!

Honestly mate, the difference between the two machines will be night and day. They're a lot of money but worth every penny IMO.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Stick with a bucket and hose lol.

Or borrow works.

It was a purchase I thought long and hard about. I wash my car most weeks though and get a lot of enjoyment out of it. It's also a machine that will last a lifetime so when you factor all that in its pretty good value IMO.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I couldn't find a 'deals' thread so best to post it here?

Ultimate finish have got their last deal of the day before Christmas, two buckets with grit guards worth £25 for free with an order over £50, free delivery.

Not bad if you're looking for a bit of a starter wash kit!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I couldn't find a 'deals' thread so best to post it here?

Ultimate finish have got their last deal of the day before Christmas, two buckets with grit guards worth £25 for free with an order over £50, free delivery.

Not bad if you're looking for a bit of a starter wash kit!

There you go mate...Free bucket with your Kranzle lol

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Haha that made me chuckle, yeah if I'm paying full price for a Kranzle I'd expect more than a bucket tbh.. And I think my current 20 liter buckets will outlive most of my other detailing gear!

When my Nilfisk dies I'll probably try to get in on one of those ECC groupbuys on DW as well.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Haha that made me chuckle, yeah if I'm paying full price for a Kranzle I'd expect more than a bucket tbh.. And I think my current 20 liter buckets will outlive most of my other detailing gear!

When my Nilfisk dies I'll probably try to get in on one of those ECC groupbuys on DW as well.

Definitely. Off the top of my head the base unit was £650. I had to wait a while for the GB to end but it makes sense buying from an authorised uk seller. According to ECC the RRP is £800 so there can’t be much profit in it for ECC.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I'd guess it's such a niche market for those things that they won't sell many in the first place and that this will get their name out there for other products and accessories.

On the other hand, except for some R&D cost I'd say the actual unit (except maybe the pump) won't be a great deal more expensive for them to produce than let's say a Nilfisk P150 Which still is almost 300 quid cheaper.

Someone is making money somewhere I'm sure ;)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Jeez £800.

Even my Karcher K4 feels naff and that was £300 so that must be amazing.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'd guess it's such a niche market for those things that they won't sell many in the first place and that this will get their name out there for other products and accessories.

On the other hand, except for some R&D cost I'd say the actual unit (except maybe the pump) won't be a great deal more expensive for them to produce than let's say a Nilfisk P150 Which still is almost 300 quid cheaper.

Someone is making money somewhere I'm sure ;)

Yes, more professional than general domestic use. Handle one though and the price difference is very apparent. It's built like a tank. The oil in it has to be changed after the first 50 hours and then every 250 hours. It's been built to last a lifetime. All the components are made out of brass. Its heavy, very heavy and you wouldn't want to have to regularly carry it around.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cool. It's a shame i didnt use the 20% on the one you bought.

Gonna wash the car tomo so will report back.

Random. Have you by chance got any wolf satin shampoo?.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Need some advice. Got a new exhaust on it's way and...well...its needs some TLC. It's very dirty and needs a good polish. I've got some metal polish (autosol I think). Any better suggestions?

Was thinking some apc to wipe it down, then get polishing. Any other suggestions?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Even just a shampoo to get the general muck off, but any metal polish will work, just keep at it.

On really bad exhaust tips I use cheap Chinese brandless drill polish balls with mothers metal and alinium polish.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
On the topic of exhausts. Anyone got tips for really badly carbon(ed?) Exhaust tips. Those black stubborn spots. Polish sometimes works but anything else easier to shift them?