ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Use wheel cleaner first to get the muck off. After that use a buffing wheel on a drill.
along with cheap metal polish like autosol
Will look brand new after an hour or two.
Use wire wool for the carboned tips. or just sand paper if they are horrendous and then use metal polish and the buffer.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Awesome. Thanks lads. I'm a sucker for shiny tips and judging by the state of this exhaust I'm gonna need to put some elbow grease into it.

Does the metal polish help against future or is a sealant needed for that?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Awesome. Thanks lads. I'm a sucker for shiny tips and judging by the state of this exhaust I'm gonna need to put some elbow grease into it.

Does the metal polish help against future or is a sealant needed for that?
Helps make it easier to clean next time . Wouldn't bother with sealant as the exhaust will get so hot .

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Do any of you lot use any products to wash microfibres? I’ve just been using a hot wash in the washing machine but it’s not removing all the stains.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Do any of you lot use any products to wash microfibres? I’ve just been using a hot wash in the washing machine but it’s not removing all the stains.
Alot of people swear by this product

Personally I just use non bio washing tablets and ensure no conditioner is in the machine

Reactions: Ben

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just ordered a Karcher K4 to replace the one which set itself on fire. Anyone got one? Reviews seem half decent and it’s 130bar which is stronger than my old one I think.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered a Karcher K4 to replace the one which set itself on fire. Anyone got one? Reviews seem half decent and it’s 130bar which is stronger than my old one I think.
Had one for a few years. Works fine. Last one died but had it for about 5 years. Only use it a couple of times a month so not too much stress on it.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah I use Non Bio non conditioner and softener for cloths up to 40o not more or it will damage the cloths, heard you could put vinegar in the tray too to help clean them. But haven’t done that yet

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Screenshot_20191230-121922_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Decent price? Got a £25 Amazon Voucher kicking about somewhere as well.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
[/QU

I got one. A step up from a sub 50£ one. Still a bit plasticky though.

Inferno 225 cup

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Is that the K4 you bought last week?? That's poor.. Hope you'll get your money back!

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Time to buy a Kranzle! (which costs the same as a Clio..)

Joking aside, my Nilfisk E145 just refuses to die and the flexible rubber hose is a dream to use compared to the coiling plastic hoses I've had before.

Clio 172 Cup
Just a quickie prob been covered but haven’t read through everything. What’s peeps thoughts on the Meg’s spray ceramic wax ? Just ordered some for winter coating been using auto glym polar seal . Many thanks

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Just a quickie prob been covered but haven’t read through everything. What’s peeps thoughts on the Meg’s spray ceramic wax ? Just ordered some for winter coating been using auto glym polar seal . Many thanks
It's great stuff. I got good results of about a month with no much preparation. More prep = better contact and more longevity 👍

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
It's great stuff. I got good results of about a month with no much preparation. More prep = better contact and more longevity 👍
Off the back of this, theres something else to mention. Turtle wax ceramic sealant was tested to be less good at water beading but last much longer! I also got it at about 1/4 of the price on Euro car parts. Worth keeping an eye out for. I must disclaim, I haven't gotten round to using it yet but the reviews are good!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I have used the turtle wax and it’s good but doesn’t last as you say I will see what the megs is like in comparison always keep the turtle wax on the mrs car 😂
From what i've read, if you are struggling with it lasting, try prepping the paintwork a bit further. Do a chemical decon (fallout remover) and maybe a clay and then apply it. Should bond better and last longer. Or, perhaps the two are just different and one is better than the other!

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
We'll need to (finally ;)) go out for a drive when the weather clears up in spring and I'll get you some samples!

Sonax BSD is up there with the best in terms of beading (it's insane!) and durability but it just doesn't feel as slick as a nice fresh wax or some other quick detailer I've tried.

I mix it 70/30 with chemical guys V7 which kind of solves that issue.

And BSD is not too expensive either, think I got my last 750ml bottle from carparts4less for 6.76 posted.

Clio 172 Cup
We deffo need a drive out after Tuesday my cup will be fully finished I know weather is crap but I am just not getting out and enjoying it enough

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
We deffo need a drive out after Tuesday my cup will be fully finished I know weather is crap but I am just not getting out and enjoying it enough

"fully finished" :)

The weather is horrendous though, can't drive properly, can't wash or polish the car and I don't fancy doing mechanical stuff either as everything just gets soaked before it gets blown away!

Clio 172 Cup
Ha ha finally finished 🤷‍♀️ I know it’s complete until I find the next thing to do on her. And yep agree with all of the above every day off I have it rains

Reactions: MLB

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Highly recommended black hole and your choice of wax on black.

Did mine today and it looked spot on..

Big thanks to @Craig for the black hole. Service is spot on.