ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, that’s what I’ve started to do after using a prewash. I find SF pretty pony after using PW as it doesn’t seem to add much to the equation.

I’m currently using AF citrus power which I find great. I go through 5l in next to notice using my pump sprayer though so it’s far from cost effective as you use it neat.

Try autobrite direct citrus wash, can be diluted down as much as 100:1 and is £32 for 5l

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I use Autosmart Hazsafe or Prestige XLS or whatever it's called now.

Mixed quite weak and it still works well.

Probably strips protection too, but f**k it 😂

Clio 2.0 138hp
In need of a proper vacuum for use on my car. Any recommendations ?
Been looking at Henry but cant decide if its worth the price. Would get used round the house too but the car is top priority.
And i feel like a hose vacuum is best for getting in all the nooks and cranny's

Fire some suggestions at me !

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Been looking at Henry but cant decide if its worth the price. Would get used round the house too but the car is top priority.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Spend the money and get the henry wet and dry.

We use them in work (car sales) and they last for years. We have tried (similar to the above) and they were crap.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Jump on eBay and look for a second hand Karcher wet and dry vac.

I paid £20 for mine and all it needed was the filter replacing.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Spend the money and get the henry wet and dry.

We use them in work (car sales) and they last for years. We have tried (similar to the above) and they were crap.
What about the standard henry. I already have a proper wet vac so I dont really need another one. Is the latest red henry any good ??

Clio 2.0 138hp
Jump on eBay and look for a second hand Karcher wet and dry vac.

I paid £20 for mine and all it needed was the filter replacing.
Arent they quite big ?
I could do with something a bit more compact so it can stored underneath a low bench. Otherwise i would go down that route

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Need to tidy the headlights and came across this

Turtle Wax 51768 Headlight Restorer Kit Headlamp Cleaning Restores Brightness Kit https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004XZQF8O/?tag=cliospnet01-21

@Danith

Didn't you try something a while ago that worked well. Was cheap too iirc?

I bought the AG one from halfords. Worked really well and very easy (albeit time consuming). Wasn’t that cheap (halfords prices) but I’m sure you’ll find it pretty cheap on eBay and the likes.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Been thinking about starting up a YouTube channel for detailing.
What kind of thing does everybody like to see when watching detailing videos.
I haven't got loads of kit, i was thinking of doing videos of me deep cleaning really dirty cars and showing what they really look like without all the road grime.

Would people be interested in that ?

And are there any members in the south west that would want their cars included in the videos. Or could have mates with really mucky wagons
Obviously not done for free but for a reasonable price for the service you would receive all done with quality products (mainly Auto Finesse)
Just want to know your thoughts and ideas

Reactions: Gus

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Been thinking about starting up a YouTube channel for detailing.
What kind of thing does everybody like to see when watching detailing videos.
I haven't got loads of kit, i was thinking of doing videos of me deep cleaning really dirty cars and showing what they really look like without all the road grime.

Would people be interested in that ?

And are there any members in the south west that would want their cars included in the videos. Or could have mates with really mucky wagons
Obviously not done for free but for a reasonable price for the service you would receive all done with quality products (mainly Auto Finesse)
Just want to know your thoughts and ideas

Product comparisons are where its at. Cleaning best pro five videos have been done to death.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
After a new wax to try out.

Anyone got any to sell etc? Durability not an issue as i clean the car weekly.

It's on my Black Golf.

Clio 2.0 138hp
After a new wax to try out.

Anyone got any to sell etc? Durability not an issue as i clean the car weekly.

It's on my Black Golf.
Lots of people rave about Dodo Juice - Purple Haze . Supposed to be really good on dark cars.
Results look decent from what I've seen .
Not sure what durability is like tho.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah have read that.

May try the panel pot at a fiver. Been reading about the Blackfire stuff but a little more than i want to spend/try.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Yeah have read that.

May try the panel pot at a fiver. Been reading about the Blackfire stuff but a little more than i want to spend/try.
Worth a shot for a fiver
I've always quite liked using auto finesse stuff. Not used any of their wax yet but they are also supposed to be decent.
Too much choice around nowadays

Whats a decent strong wheel cleaner for satin black wheels?

I've been using Wonder Wheels colour active stuff from Asda as it's cheap at £7.00 a bottle but I'm finding it still leaves brown residue inside the wheels. It will come off eventually but after spending half hour on each wheel..

Clio 2.0 138hp
Whats a decent strong wheel cleaner for satin black wheels?

I've been using Wonder Wheels colour active stuff from Asda as it's cheap at £7.00 a bottle but I'm finding it still leaves brown residue inside the wheels. It will come off eventually but after spending half hour on each wheel..
Stay away from that stuff. It's got iron out stuff in it and you shouldn't use it all the time as it can eat away at the wheel. I stupidly used it myself when I was feeling cheap :)

Im a big fan of the auto finesse stuff. Imperial wheel cleaner as a pre-treatment and then some of their revolution wheel soap to wash them properly.
Meguiars also sell decent cleaner in halfords. Auto glym magma is also supposed to be decent.

Stay away from that stuff. It's got iron out stuff in it and you shouldn't use it all the time as it can eat away at the wheel. I stupidly used it myself when I was feeling cheap :)

Im a big fan of the auto finesse stuff. Imperial wheel cleaner as a pre-treatment and then some of their revolution wheel soap to wash them properly.
Meguiars also sell decent cleaner in halfords. Auto glym magma is also supposed to be decent.

I've found the AF to be even less effective at cleaning. 😆

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Iron out? As in iron remover? I’m pretty sure that iron removers such as ironX are completely safe to use on all paint.