ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cheers. Yeah lots of choice. Spotted the big orange one for the better half a car. Like 10 litres for £15 lol.

Infinity wax glaze is great.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm after a really glossy and easy to use wax, something g along the lines of Autofiness Illusion. Really don't care about longevity as I am protecting the car with a sealant first I just want something to use for the experience as I wnjoy waxing my car.

Any suggestions? Budget £100 max

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I’m valeting for a local garage at the minute to earn some dollar whilst off work.
How you lot do this for pleasure is beyond me. I’m 3 cars in and ready to put my head in the microwave to cool down/end it all.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
What sort of mixing ratios are people using for BH? I have a 900ml bottle on the lance if that’s any help.

I used it yesterday and used 200ml of BH mixed with 200ml of water and that let me go around the car about 3 times and stuck well. Is that too much, not enough, just right?

Seems way too much. I work it out at between 10:1 for heavy soil and and 20:1 for light. I actually prefer through a pump sprayer but same idea really.

200ml of product with 200ml of water is 1:1 ratio 😂

Well too much.

So, coming back to this haha. Did a bit of reading between working so maybe not fully directed properly. Stumbled on this DW post...

So, the reviewer here seems to be suggesting that the diluting ratios of 1:10, 1:20 and the like, whilst fine for pump spraying as you are just adding a known quantity of product and water are probably not correct for using through a lance. Why? Well, you’re adding even more water through the pressure washer as well, thus further diluting the mix. From that review - and specific to their setup - the correct ration in the lance bottle seems to be 510ml of product to 490ml of water (assuming a 1000ml bottle). When used through the lance, this is then further diluted giving the correct dilution on the car.

To clarify, this isn’t a ‘haha, suck on that’ post. This is all pretty new to me so actually interested in others views, opinions and experiences.

Reactions: riz

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm after a really glossy and easy to use wax, something g along the lines of Autofiness Illusion. Really don't care about longevity as I am protecting the car with a sealant first I just want something to use for the experience as I wnjoy waxing my car.

Any suggestions? Budget £100 max
Get zymol. They have 45% off the store. Glasur if you can. Carbon would probably be my compromise. It's offers the boutique feel.

Something a bit closer to home. Britemax vantage. Probably the most boutique feeling and glossiest at that range but pot let it down a tad carbon for me.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
So, coming back to this haha. Did a bit of reading between working so maybe not fully directed properly. Stumbled on this DW post...

So, the reviewer here seems to be suggesting that the diluting ratios of 1:10, 1:20 and the like, whilst fine for pump spraying as you are just adding a known quantity of product and water are probably not correct for using through a lance. Why? Well, you’re adding even more water through the pressure washer as well, thus further diluting the mix. From that review - and specific to their setup - the correct ration in the lance bottle seems to be 510ml of product to 490ml of water (assuming a 1000ml bottle). When used through the lance, this is then further diluted giving the correct dilution on the car.

To clarify, this isn’t a ‘haha, suck on that’ post. This is all pretty new to me so actually interested in others views, opinions and experiences.
I heard about this a while back, i think Forensic Detailing touched on this subject. I still use about 200ml to 250ml in a 1ltr foam bottle, so get 4 cars done out of a 1ltr of liquid. this also menions on the last few pages on DW

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I heard about this a while back, i think Forensic Detailing touched on this subject. I still use about 200ml to 250ml in a 1ltr foam bottle, so get 4 cars done out of a 1ltr of liquid. this also menions on the last few pages on DW

Damn im using an inch....

Thanks for sharing

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think you guys are getting slightly mixed up! I get the water dilution part but the foam knows it's job and it's a snowfoam.

To do it as water flow you will be 500ml of product you mental case.

Any snowfoam should be 1 inch in a litre bottle unless it's tfr. Anymore and you're wasting product, money and you protection on the paintwork. Snowfoam is a maintenance product.

I'm sure it will be awesome at 500ml to a litre!

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Gave the Fiesta some love. Have discovered wax! Amazing stuff, never really used much on top of polish before. I will be buying some better wax after doing a bit of reading. I have used a mild cutting compound on a DAS 6, Autoglym SRP by hand and then Autoglym HD wax. I also have auto finesse spray wax, which seems real easy to use and gives a good finish.

Some results. Any advice welcome on wax!

20200427_171143.jpg
20200427_171023.jpg
20200427_171045.jpg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Any recommendations on wax? I currently have AG HD wax that I bought years ago and used for the first time yesterday. I also have AF glisten, which seems real easy to use and really bought out the metallic fleck in a grey Merc I used it on.

I have done a bit of reading, but there seems to be so many different waxes. I am after something fairly easy and straight forward to apply. I have become slightly obsessed with beading 🤣 I like the ease of AF glisten, but would appear to only give a small amount of protection. If the AG HD wax is good I am happy to keep using that, was fairly easy to apply and buff off.

My 330 had sonus applied prior to purchase and that seemed to bead well. In short something fairly easy to apply, high shine, decent durability with good beading? Am I asking too much!

The recomendations on here so far have come up trumps for me and transformed my cleaning of cars. I didn't think I cleaned them too bad before either!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
G3 paste wax is very good and easy to use. There are literally hundreds and depends on price point and what you want from it? Durability to sacrifice a bit of looks. Or like me happy to apply every other wash etc.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't tried them yet. They came as a package deal with the tyre shine I wanted. £12 for those three, couldn't not buy them tbh