ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not one I've tried but I'm sure @gally and @Christopher both rate Zymol Carbon, Pretty sure you'll find that at around £50.

I've always liked Britemax Vantage which should come in under your £50 budget.
What this guy said. I could go into different niches of different waxes. The new AG HD is a great wax. They really smashed it, but it won't feel special.

I would be waxing a transporter with a spray sealant. f**k using my carbon or Glasur on a transporter! Get some brilliant shine detailer.

Oh and a wipe down product I recommended recently. Infinity wax rapid detailer, impressed me a lot which is so rare these days!

Spray sealant for the transport. If you fancy mixing it with another QD then sonax brilliant shine detailer, I haven't tested turtle Wax yet. Or a big bottle of gtechniq C2V3, will even dilute a little.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I had a tester and it's good. Decent sealant and the slickness from d and d which was great.

One of the easiest spray sealant styles to use.

My missus has a cutical oil that smells exactly like best of show! I can't stop smelling it!

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure why the quotes didn't work but @MatthewR, as @gally recommended, get Glasur, dream to use, gloss is stunning and the beading and especially sheeting is unlike anything else except maybe a coating!

Happen to have just used it two days ago on the BMW, hard to capture gloss on camera but this should give an idea:
20200427_185911.jpg
20200427_183630.jpg
20200427_182636.jpg
20200427_184415.jpg
20200427_183314.jpg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thank you all for the recomendations, much appreciated. It is the older AG HD wax I have, but seems to have done quite a good job.

I definitely agree with using a spray wax on the transporter. It was arduous enough machine polishing it. I am probably going to buy the brilliant shine detailler for that job.

I will look to get some Glasur for the smaller cars. I shall come back here once the products arrive and post some pics with the results. Thanks again all that have replied 👍

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Thank you all for the recomendations, much appreciated. It is the older AG HD wax I have, but seems to have done quite a good job.

I definitely agree with using a spray wax on the transporter. It was arduous enough machine polishing it. I am probably going to buy the brilliant shine detailler for that job.

I will look to get some Glasur for the smaller cars. I shall come back here once the products arrive and post some pics with the results. Thanks again all that have replied 👍

AG HD was the first wax I ever used.

I got superb results with it on my old Arctic blue 182.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I must admit, my Fiesta has never looked so good!

I also like the look of what you applied on your Megane @Sunglasses_Ron the other day. Looks amazing. I have become slightly obsessed with wax and beading 😂

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Aparantly great for gloss not so much for beading lol

For something that's called bead maker it's totally underwhelming, not sure who came up with that name..

@Mbeau the original Autoglym HD wax still is a great wax to use with great beading! Do you use the red, wet applicators?

Hmm might dig up my pot of HD wax myself now I'm looking at old pics of the beading..
20170907_151315.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely interesting and as said in that thread big can of worms!

At a guess Wowo's, Mitchell and King, Bouncer's and infinity wax make and bottle their own stuff?

Can't imagine there being a lot of different suppliers for polishing compounds though. Know that at least a couple of the ones I've got come from same factories with only minor tweaks depending on which brand they're being produced for.

But I have to admit I'm not too clued up on who produces what. Don't really care to be honest, if someone can resell a product for triple the price in a fancier bottle good for them and their (better?) sales strategy?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
For something that's called bead maker it's totally underwhelming, not sure who came up with that name..

@Mbeau the original Autoglym HD wax still is a great wax to use with great beading! Do you use the red, wet applicators?

Hmm might dig up my pot of HD wax myself now I'm looking at old pics of the beading..
View attachment 1470199

Yes I used the red applicators. There was two in the box along with a microfiber cloth. Found it really easy to apply and buff off. Not much harder than polishing by hand. Just left the wax 15 minutes before buffing off as per the instructions. Pretty impressed so far. Can't believe I have not used wax before. I think mainly due to lack of time.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
I appreciate it's not a fluffy towel. Bought this as it looked ok and at £6

Would buy another.

I prefer the microfibre cloths, dries it so much quicker.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have this and it dries it so easy. Would recommend.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Hm I wouldn't use waffle weave on paintwork either, brilliant for windows though!

Just got an Adams wash pad and silverback drying towel to replace my gyeon silk dryer and microfiber madness wash pad as one of them was giving scratches.

Both the Adams pad and silverback towel came recommended from forensic detailing on YouTube!

This thing is huge and fluffy!
20200430_131536.jpg

And couldn't resist to buy a bottle of Infinity Wax Rapid Detailer. I'd sworn never to buy another Infinity Wax product again after poor customer service but that's a while ago now and apparently the Rapid Detailer is brilliant!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
When people say a ‘wipe down product’ what do you mean.. and how to apply? Spray on a microfibre and wipe?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah as above really

If I was to say that I would probably mean to get ready for polish etc.

Wipe off would be a qd etc.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Used carpro pearl neat on the tyres. Looked good and not too shiny. Not sure how long it will last though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Same with this then. Normally I use a couple of coats of highstyle (autosmart) which to be fair more shiny?!?

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Just tried 26JPN HYDRO TIRE dressing found it to be very good...

5d2936aabdfb5c3a8fe6cb914c7b40a1.jpg

Comparable with Gyeon tire,just testing its durability now...

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Has the tyre in the bottom been wiped off, looks less shiny, or is that the sun?

Looks good in both pictures though!

The bottom picture is the better of the two. Not sure what I have done in the first one!!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Anyone tried AF lavish? Ceramic infused snow foam to be used post contact wash.

I’m wondering if it’s a good alternative to C2V3.