ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone tried AF lavish? Ceramic infused snow foam to be used post contact wash.

I’m wondering if it’s a good alternative to C2V3.
If I was buying a foam I'd buy hydrofoam from Carpro. However I don't see it as a positive at all on anything but a proper ceramic'd car.

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
I thought that but the limited reviews look positive.

I guess as it removes the wipe on element it can only be a good thing? No idea on durability though.
It’s like Wet coat it’s not bad for a week or so then the protection starts to wane off,if you are looking for a spray on rinse off product I would not look no further then Gyeon Wet Coat which is superb(y)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
What's everyone's favourite QD?

Bouncers seems to get rave reviews...
Depends what for!

Bouncers for general use and drying.
Wolf’s WQ-2N is a great all rounder.
Z6 and Z8 for looks. (Z8 is great for some extra protection too).
I always found britemax spray and shine good for drying.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So many good ones. Z6 and z8 depending on occasion.

My new daily is definitely this inifinity wax one, looking forward to hearing more people's thoughts on it...

20200304_091914-01.jpeg

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Back to basics here but curious to hear.

Car drying with a towel, I normally wipe the windows dry to kind of prime the towel and then just lay the towel on the paint and then lift - no wiping.

Do most people wipe over paint / use a QD everytime etc?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Z8 doesn't really last but looks great.
Just fine through my shed and found
Wolf's wq 2n
CG synthetic detailer

I did see a review of the infinity wax one too.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Oh and didn't realise ONR can be used a QD too.
Damn I felt like buying something new.😅😎

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
What's people's thought on the G-techniq G1 Glass Coating, does it last as they say up to 2 years or so? And what did you apply it with?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Back to basics here but curious to hear.

Car drying with a towel, I normally wipe the windows dry to kind of prime the towel and then just lay the towel on the paint and then lift - no wiping.

Do most people wipe over paint / use a QD everytime etc?
I just bought the Rag Company Gauntlet and start on the roof then bonnet then sides then the glass last, don't use any QD like. I might start and use one at some point

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Going to try out the Hazsafe autosmart pre wash. Reviews are good and cost wise for 5litres is a no brainer. Assuming it's good, lol.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
What exactly is a quick detailer. I see this mentioned a lot, but not too sure what it is?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
What's people's thought on the G-techniq G1 Glass Coating, does it last as they say up to 2 years or so? And what did you apply it with?

Yeah it lasts ages. However I think prepping the glass properly plays a big part.

I always clean the glass with G4 first and then wipe clean with Carpro Eraser.

Apply with the lint free cotton wool type applicators that come with the G1.

There’s a really good video on YouTube which shows you how to apply.

3 coats on the windscreen with 5 minutes between coats. Then leave final coat on for 15 minutes before using the residue remover.

Then there should be enough product left to put 1 coat on all the other windows. I usually chuck a coat on wing mirrors too.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Daily given a clean. Anyone else noting a huge increase in bird s**t?

Autofoam, Adams shampoo and BH Auto wheels.

Alsogave the rear end a quick machine polish as the dealership washed it after some warranty work and they did a horrific job! Wasn't expecting them to clean it for a lambda sensor otherwise I would have said not to.

Anyway, this will be going to the gf once the dealerships open and I can get a new daily!

IMG_20200503_150723.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah it lasts ages. However I think prepping the glass properly plays a big part.

I always clean the glass with G4 first and then wipe clean with Carpro Eraser.

Apply with the lint free cotton wool type applicators that come with the G1.

There’s a really good video on YouTube which shows you how to apply.

3 coats on the windscreen with 5 minutes between coats. Then leave final coat on for 15 minutes before using the residue remover.

Then there should be enough product left to put 1 coat on all the other windows. I usually chuck a coat on wing mirrors too.
I've had a look on Clean & Shiny they do the G1 15ml for £11, i presume 15ml would be ok for a windscreen plus sides with using one of those wool type applicators, I bought a pack of them couple of oders ago. I would of thought, give the screen a general clean, then glass cleaner then panel wipe and then coat it?

Does it say do multiple coats like or just personal preference?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've had a look on Clean & Shiny they do the G1 15ml for £11, i presume 15ml would be ok for a windscreen plus sides with using one of those wool type applicators, I bought a pack of them couple of oders ago. I would of thought, give the screen a general clean, then glass cleaner then panel wipe and then coat it?

Does it say do multiple coats like or just personal preference?

Yes 15ml should be enough for 3 coats on the windscreen and one coat on all other windows.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I can rate G1 too I did have to reapply after a stone chip repair but it was lasting well over a year before reapplying. Only issue I do have is my wipers recently seem to smear more which is fine except when sunlight comes at my face through windscreen I can see it. I need to give the wipers a clean with IPA which supposedly helps. I did also switch the pre mixed screen wash didn't seem to have this issue with the autoglym screen wash so going to switch back after I use it up.

At night over 50 though it can be pissing it down and you wouldn't even need to use the wipers. As sunglasses mentioned do the full kit with the G6. The G2 residue remover is just IPA too because they only give a tiny amount handy to have some ready incase you need more.

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Spent a couple of hours on the Beemer this morning. I’m happier with how it looks now, than when I spent 3 days on it haha.

Autofinesse Tripple polish and Poor boys black hole. Was surprised how easy both products were to use. Looks much glossier now.

View attachment 1471745View attachment 1471747View attachment 1471748View attachment 1471749View attachment 1471750
Both together?as they are practically similar products just that blackhole has more glazing properties and triple has a drop of wax in it...Looks good though (y)

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Both together?as they are practically similar products just that blackhole has more glazing properties and triple has a drop of wax in it...Looks good though (y)

Yep, I know they both have fillers, but how I read up on it was that one was a polish and one was a glaze.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Don't think you can get it from anywhere no but Prima Amigo with Vics Red Concours wax over the top looked mega on my old Black A3. If you can get some of that wax, I'd definitely recommend it!

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Yep, I know they both have fillers, but how I read up on it was that one was a polish and one was a glaze.
Blackhole is a very good Glaze mate but also has chemical cleaners in it, for example if you was to use black hole first then triple on top of each other you would be removing the benefit of using black hole as triple would remove the glazing oils of black hole...what I usually do when i use blackhole is to cover it with a wax of my choice a natural carnauba one would be best as it will just offer protection over blackhole and lock in the finish that the blackhole glaze had achieved previously...