ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
What microfibres are people using for buffing on and off spray sealants etc?

Don't suggest Costco Kirkland ones, got enough of them but only use them on the inside, door shuts etc. Want some nice ones solely for the paintwork.

I use these most the time. The gtechniq Mf1 come in handy too.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Don't suggest Costco Kirkland ones, got enough of them but only use them on the inside, door shuts etc. Want some nice ones solely for the paintwork.

In2detailing ones

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not used triple in ages but bought a 250ml bottle last week for work and my car. Really nice to use and tbf looks great

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Strange question but im after some inspiration and ideas for how to arrange my detailing stuff in the garage. What/how does everyone do theirs? I want a nice clean uncluttered space that takes up as little of the garage as possible.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Strange question but im after some inspiration and ideas for how to arrange my detailing stuff in the garage. What/how does everyone do theirs? I want a nice clean uncluttered space that takes up as little of the garage as possible.

Check this brand out. Not sure if thats the kind of thing you are after but it might give you some ideas.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they do the best tidy stuff. Another tip, have any products that are diluted etc in the same branded bottle all over. I used to have the full meguirs coloured bottle range but with my own products inside them. Ocd!

Clio 2.0 138hp
Yeah they do the best tidy stuff. Another tip, have any products that are diluted etc in the same branded bottle all over. I used to have the full meguirs coloured bottle range but with my own products inside them. Ocd!
Agreed. Im a sucker for a full set of kwazar bottles full up and ready to use. Makes it so much less hassle searching for the blasted wheel cleaner

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Something I have always fancied trying out is Britemax AIO. Paint is good but being Black there's obviously marks etc.

Have bought a few bits of them directly and happy with the service etc. Will probably invest in a new pad too.

Just out of curiousity, why not Costco Kirkland ones?

Im a bit of a noob come detailing, try my best not to put and swirls in, snowfoam first, 2BM etc etc.

Bought a DA but not had balls to have a go yet!

Do any of you use Autosmart products? Ive been using their Aqua Seal after ive washed just for ease, Sio2 based hydrophic sealant i think? So much easier to dry the car afterwards and water just sheets off and beads up quite well.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hopefully getting a DA from Santa this year. Just getting my garage sorted, floor painted etc to make it nice and dust free as possible.

Anyway, I've only used a DA once to do my headlights which was a success but I need advice on pads and products.

I'm not seeking perfection, however there are quite a few areas that could do with some improvement.

In all honesty, I can't be bothered with doing multiple stages such as cutting then refining etc.

What 'does it all' pad and polish should I try out?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
What da?

Probably like britemax aio, hd speed wax.

Pads. Loads to pick from..

Just a Das 6 or a 6 Pro, not too sure which as yet.

That's the problem, waaaaay too many to pick from.

Was thinking of try either Menzerna 3000 or Megs Ultimate Compound or Scholl S20 Black. Not sure what pads would best to use in conjunction mind you.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Personally go for the das pro plus, 15mm iirc so will cover area better. I have the autobrite version and have had others.

You will get lots of opinions.

For compounding I use a product called roar extreme cut, it’s what our painter uses. It’s very good with a cutting pad and just strong enough not to ‘extreme’.

Pads. Chemical guys hex logic are a good choice.

I went other way round and bought a DA without actually having anywhere internal to work...hence its been sat in a box since. Dont know when Black Friday is but where I bought mine from then had a BF sale and was cheaper 🤦‍♂️

Link to the Autosmart Aqua Seal video in use...dont know if its the same as what you're referring to @imprezaworks as its a bit more expensive?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure it’s the same stuff mate. I work in the trade so get it cheap. It’s Blue in colour and can be diluted down so last ages. Probably not as good as the autoglym version but will last longer bottle wise with it being a 5 litre tub.

Obviously dont get the same satisfaction from polishing and waxing (even using normal supermarket products as opposed to fancy stuff), but as a quick once over thing after washing when stuck for time is sufficient.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
For sure. I spoke to the rep the other week about polishes, waxes. Seems most are heading towards spray variants. I used the britemax remax or something after a wash yesterday. Took 5 mins and looked great.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Obviously dont get the same satisfaction from polishing and waxing (even using normal supermarket products as opposed to fancy stuff), but as a quick once over thing after washing when stuck for time is sufficient.

The link above for 🐢 wax is good.

Ive got their AS Red 7 which is a 'bleeding' fallout remover as well, non-acidic and seems to do a good job but im only comparing against bog standard shampoo to wash wheels...

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I’m still impressed with the AG Polar Range every time I use it. Washed the family bus yesterday and there was some pretty nice beading going on this morning.

10568D8C-2F51-4FF2-8A05-8178440B5334.jpeg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Anyone used gtecnic qd?

Just ordered some off Amazon for £6 delivered.

No but the infinity wax one is really good.

I cleaned my microfibres today for the first time in a while.
Long ass process but they are supremely soft.
Pre wash in fairly liquid to break up the waxes etc. Then into the washing machine with vinegar and non bio. They came up really well.

I did have to detail the washing machine to get rid of any fabric softener remnants.