ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I recently ventured down the path of Polish Angel products. Not sure if theyre well known at all but those who take the *expensive* plunge normally have pretty good things to say. Their shampoos were a major let down but I persevered and bought some QD's and their Master Sealant. If you're looking for something that holds a higher price tag but is IMO worth the money, give them a look.

yj9baDI.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mine was on the orange and the green. Really impressed with thr kit. Bargain imo.

Also whizzed round the car with my new to me 3401. Expected trail marks in the sun. Nope seemed to finish well.

Not sure I need the flex but good detailing chat lol

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Anyone know what half a pot of Victoria Concours Red Wax is worth? I know you can't buy it now and I'm never gonna use it again as I'm too lazy and prefer spray sealants now.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Washed all my microfibres yesterday. Left them to soak in the batch with a s**t load of washing up liquid on them, chucked them in the washer with a load of white vinegar and then washed them again with bicarbonate soda to neutralise the vinegar

They felt loads better straight out of the washing machine so will be keen to see if it has worked when I wash my cars next. Note to self, don't let your mrs wash your cleaning/drying towels because they will become hydrophobic 🙃

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I bought 36 kirkland ones for polishing etc. Once they are to dirty I just bin em. An excuse to try a different make 🙄

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Washed all my microfibres yesterday. Left them to soak in the batch with a s**t load of washing up liquid on them, chucked them in the washer with a load of white vinegar and then washed them again with bicarbonate soda to neutralise the vinegar

They felt loads better straight out of the washing machine so will be keen to see if it has worked when I wash my cars next. Note to self, don't let your mrs wash your cleaning/drying towels because they will become hydrophobic 🙃
How much vinegar and bicarb ya using, Kyle?

Sick of telling my Mrs to stop f**king up all the microfibers! "Oh but they're dead soft and smell lovely"
Yeah, nice one, dickhead

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
On the topic of microfibres and washing them. Also caught the Mrs cleaning mine (how very dare she) but used softener. They were crap as expected but theyve improved. A couple of drying towels didnt get the softener treatment but even when washing with chemical guys microfibre wash, they arent as good as they used to be. Any ideas? I remember my Autoglym towel straight out the box was insane, sucked up water instantly. Now, I have to soak it a bit to even get it to work :(

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
On the topic of microfibres and washing them. Also caught the Mrs cleaning mine (how very dare she) but used softener. They were crap as expected but theyve improved. A couple of drying towels didnt get the softener treatment but even when washing with chemical guys microfibre wash, they arent as good as they used to be. Any ideas? I remember my Autoglym towel straight out the box was insane, sucked up water instantly. Now, I have to soak it a bit to even get it to work :(

They sound dead.
Only thing you could try to is what Romanian did. And try non bio washing up powder too

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I always use microfibre reviver from ValetPRO, I have 3 packs of 36 of kirklands I keep washing and circulating, Each pack was assigned certain jobs and as i slowly bin them, I can just buy another pack of 36 and top up the boxes as required.

I've found microfibre reviver to do a wicked job on these cheap cloths and my drying towels too. Used chemical guys before and thought it was shite, especially now I can compared it to the ValetPRO alternative.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I was always under the impression that fabric softener and/or tumble drying was bad for MF cloths?

I always just wash mine and leave them to air dry.

That’s what I thought. I put mine in a cold wash with some vinegar. That’s it.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Just a quick update about restoring my drying towels. Washed my car on Thursday and they were 10x better, once they got a bit of water on them they got even better wrung out.

Used my Meguiars microfiber wash mitt for the first time too (my mrs bought me it 2 years ago). Relegated my old lambs wool ones to wheels because theyre haggard now

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Another order placed mate, must have nearly all your products now. I’m super happy with them. Favourite so far is the citrus blast, proper versatile product that! I even have a watered down solution I have used to clean the windows at home! It’s fantastic

I really appreciate your kind words and glad to hear you’re getting on with the products! Thanks for the order too, that will be sorted tomorrow 🙌🏼

I love citrus blast, it’s so handy to use on interiors with stubborn stains. I used it on some Lexus seatbelts this week and the results were great.

2FB76027-751A-4590-AFC6-C05BCC75FA84.jpeg