ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Megane 250
Forgive my ignorance...

But the detailing sprays, is that just a quick detailer?

How do you use it? I've onkt ever used some at a show to give the car a quick once over.

Whats the benefit of using it after every wash? Why not use something like polar seal?

And is jt as simple as spray on and wipe off or is wipe with one cloth and then buff off?

I used to polish my cars regularly but since the nipper has arrived I've got very limited time these days but like the car look good!

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Loads to choose from.

Try @Hxrry detail spray, it's very good. He owns a company called so wax detailing.

There are loads to choose from though. He does a kit, spray, shsmpoo and tyre shine. Worth a look imo.

I use a spray after every wash to enhance the gloss, shine etc. Helps it easy to wash next time around.

Megane 250
Loads to choose from.

Try @Hxrry detail spray, it's very good. He owns a company called so wax detailing.

There are loads to choose from though. He does a kit, spray, shsmpoo and tyre shine. Worth a look imo.

I use a spray after every wash to enhance the gloss, shine etc. Helps it easy to wash next time around.
I've got a shed full of cleaning gear but haven't used a lot of it for a long time but quick detailer are something I've always just sort of left to one side, I tend to use polar seal or something along those lines.

But I suppose what I should have asked is would a QD give more gloss than say polar seal?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Never used polar seal to compare. The likes of garage therapy sigma is awesome for gloss.

Before applying anything I would clean the paint. Just picked up a bottle of the below. Used it yesterday and it seems to work well, car looked good,

Screenshot_20210801_092054_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Forgive my ignorance...

How do you use it? I've onkt ever used some at a show to give the car a quick once over.

Whats the benefit of using it after every wash? Why not use something like polar seal?

And is jt as simple as spray on and wipe off or is wipe with one cloth and then buff off?

I used to polish my cars regularly but since the nipper has arrived I've got very limited time these days but like the car look good!

I’m by no way anything other than a normal chap who likes cleaning his cars. So not an expert. But I use them as a ‘service’ wash style product. So once I clean the car as part of its routine wash, I then use detail spray (so wax as @imprezaworks says) spray, wipe then very quick buff. It gives a really quick to use high gloss finish with excellent hydrophobic properties. So it’s just a quick and easy finishing stage. I can’t comment on polar seal as I have never used it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a bottle of this a while back and rated it. Spotted it on ebay as it seemed out of stock or expensive. There is a couple of places that sell it for similar money.

Bought a bottle last week off this chap and another yesterday. He's sending me that and another half bottle. It's easy to use and again looks very good.

Screenshot_20210801_103952_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Forgive my ignorance...

Yes Detail Spray is another phrase for quick detailer.

You can clean and dry your car, lightly mist a panel and spread the product with one side of a microfibre cloth and buff with the other side. OR, you can clean your car and before drying it, spray the entire car with detail spray and dry the car using your favourite drying towel! You will get equally as impressive results via either method!

By using it with maintenance washes you will ensure your paintworks protected and looking it's best really, it's not necessary but would benefit the shine!

Detail sprays won't replace the need to use paint polish but it's a damn good substitute if you've not got the time. Using it as a drying aid adds literally no time onto the regular washing process!

Hope this helped :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Detail spray gives the that freshly waxed look without all the effort and temperature worry.

Doing it after every wash takes 5 mins and no water spotting and you can top up protection. No brainer for me.

Folk ask me everytime I clean the car about what I use because it looks like I've spent days on it. Takes 30 minutes from minging, snowfoam, shampoo, rinse. Dry/QD. Looks like new easy!

Megane 250
Cheers guys, I've got a couple of different types here I tbink. A Meguiars one, auto glym and jayswax one, maybe even an old wax addict one I kept in the car cleaning off bird s**t....

Maybe I'll try it after the next few washes and see how I get on.

Need to go through my cleaning stuff, had a quick look earlier and I got a pot of petes 53 wax I've used once or twice, sure I paid decent money for it, so maybe I'll get that out again soon...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Few things. I've tried a Jay's wax wax, w**k. Threw it in the bin.

The other two you have, assume megs Quik Detailer and auto glym rapid are both very good.

The petes wax is a wax I'm looking to buy and not sell. If you don't want it and its not too old etc let me know.

Megane 250
Few things. I've tried a Jay's wax wax, w**k. Threw it in the bin.

The other two you have, assume megs Quik Detailer and auto glym rapid are both very good.

The petes wax is a wax I'm looking to buy and not sell. If you don't want it and its not too old etc let me know.
I've used their ceramic wax and thought it was okay very soft and didn't last long though!

The petes 53 is probably 5 or 6 years old and stored in my shed for 3 of them, so not sure how good it'll be

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I’ve been using GYEON bathe + recently which negates the need for detail spray if you want to be super lazy just wash and dry.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I really like Koch Chemie GSF, it foams really well and can be used as a normal shampoo too (don't be fooled by the name!):

All their range is superb. Especially green Star.

what’s a good shampoo to use on a car that’s currently being ceramic coated?

I’ve got BH auto foam for the snow foam, reading online even though it’s not pH neutral it’s not caustic so won’t strip the coating.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182

I’ve got BH auto foam for the snow foam, reading online even though it’s not pH neutral it’s not caustic so won’t strip the coating.

Carpro Reset is hands down the best I've used.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader

You won't want to be using shampoos with gloss enhancers, waxes etc as they can 'clog' up your coating.

My go-to for coated cars is always Pure Shampoo by Infinity Wax, it's great value considering the dilution ratio!

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Not regarding the summer sale... but I forgot to post this deal up! :rolleyes:

Our new plush microfibre twin packs are now in stock! Unbelievable quality on them! Available for £9.95, you can also grab 50% off our Detail Spray when purchasing the microfibres. The 50% is automatically applied at checkout :cool:

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 14.09.49.png

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Another bottle and a half of this stuff arrived this morning. Bought one and he sent me just over half of another foc. If you gave tried it it's very good.
IMG_20210804_183205.jpg