ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Isnt carpro reset similar to GT decon?
Yes and No. Reset is a shampoo designed to 'refresh' ceramic coatings although I have used it on non-coated cars and its brilliant. Can even shoot it out of a foam gun which makes for far less chilly hands in the winter!

Reset, in really high concentrations can be used as a kind of strip wash. I say kind of because ive never thoroughly researched it or used it as such.

GT Decon is pretty highly Alkaline and so thats how it strips stuff (or so im led to believe). I would definitely not be using Decon as an every wash kind of shampoo as its too harsh and will just hurt any wax or protection you've got on it. Its brilliant stuff though and Forensic Detailing shows it as the only real shampoo that actually strips stuff :)

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Usually stayed away from Autoglym stuff because I’ve alway thought it’s just a generic brand that not very good.

However picked up a bottle of Polar Seal yesterday and it’s my new favourite.
Stick it in a foam lance spray on, rinse off and your done.
Shine looks decent and it’s much easier than going round the car with a spray bottle.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Usually stayed away from Autoglym stuff because I’ve alway thought it’s just a generic brand that not very good.

Shine looks decent and it’s much easier than going round the car with a spray bottle.
Huge fan of Polar Seal. In the winter months its a god send

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Yes and No. Reset is a shampoo designed to 'refresh' ceramic coatings although I have used it on non-coated cars and its brilliant. Can even shoot it out of a foam gun which makes for far less chilly hands in the winter!

Reset, in really high concentrations can be used as a kind of strip wash. I say kind of because ive never thoroughly researched it or used it as such.

GT Decon is pretty highly Alkaline and so thats how it strips stuff (or so im led to believe). I would definitely not be using Decon as an every wash kind of shampoo as its too harsh and will just hurt any wax or protection you've got on it. Its brilliant stuff though and Forensic Detailing shows it as the only real shampoo that actually strips stuff :)

Thanks, I snow foamed ( decon) my wife's car and I used garage therapy decon. The turtle Wax dry and shine was still going strong. I couldn't believe it.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Thanks, I snow foamed ( decon) my wife's car and I used garage therapy decon. The turtle Wax dry and shine was still going strong. I couldn't believe it.
That Turtle Wax stuff is seriously seriously strong though. I remember I couldnt kill it for ages 🤣

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
That Turtle Wax stuff is seriously seriously strong though. I remember I couldnt kill it for ages 🤣

It's unreal. I'm tempted by polar seal though. I always worry about mixing stuff in the foam bottle as I assumed the actual ore wash foam would contaminate the polar seal?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
It should be for the £40 or whatever it is. Wide neck is a great idea too.

TBH, I always give the bottle a quick rinse out before putting in Polar Seal. Even then, it sometimes squirts (lol) some foam out and then Polar Seal but its never caused me any issues.

I tend to have 2 foam guns now anyway so one for foam and the other for a sealant :)

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader

Doesn't polar seal just smell fantastic too!? :love:

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
First testing going well. Great gloss and beading from an effortless spray on, and rinse off application.

Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 21.25.31.png

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Interested to try it, running low on So Wax shampoo and Quick Detailer so best get this ready soon @Hxrry

Im thinking i probably need to change my normal shampoo . Any reccomendations?

If you haven't already bought anything, the So Wax shampoo is worth giving a go. Or maybe Adam's Car Wash Shampoo if you wash in the sun a lot.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I’ve got wheel issues and need advice. The wife drives her 5 series in a way that makes Colin McRae look cautious. As such almost 2 tonnes of her car has done a hell of a job baking brake dust onto the wheels.

Anyone got any suggestions for what could take it off? Found some old wonder wheels in the garage which is basically just acid and it did nothing. The drive is a bit cleaner where the wheels were now though
D1FB73CE-A5D7-4EC4-97A8-E8CF3D0CD1FB.jpeg

ECCF4475-68CD-4916-8BDE-E204A378B7EF.jpeg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I’ve got wheel issues and need advice. The wife drives her 5 series in a way that makes Colin McRae look cautious. As such almost 2 tonnes of her car has done a hell of a job baking brake dust onto the wheels.

Anyone got any suggestions for what could take it off? Found some old wonder wheels in the garage which is basically just acid and it did nothing. The drive is a bit cleaner where the wheels were now though
View attachment 1556445
View attachment 1556446
Fallout remover.

IronX or anything of the same genre.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Think @Daniel used something ages ago, might be wrong. Brick acid or something a long those lines.

Just ordered these. Haven't tried the two snow foams so lolling forward to that.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I’ve got some wheel cleaner I bought off eBay years ago. It will remove ANYTHING and I’ve only ever used it diluted down to about 5/1.

Can’t tell you what it’s called as it’s just a yellow foul smelling liquid in an unlabelled 5 litre container.

These were the worst contaminated wheels I’ve ever seen but the good old yellow stuff got them looking brand new in virtually no time at all.

52B5350A-AED1-4CE4-955A-91BCD7A450D1.jpeg

EE5E0BD2-0C12-4AAF-B06E-8A0973B3F993.jpeg

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got some wheel cleaner I bought off eBay years ago. It will remove ANYTHING and I’ve only ever used it diluted down to about 5/1.

Can’t tell you what it’s called as it’s just a yellow foul smelling liquid in an unlabelled 5 litre container.

These were the worst contaminated wheels I’ve ever seen but the good old yellow stuff got them looking brand new in virtually no time at all.

View attachment 1556448

View attachment 1556449
Wow,
I need some of this yellow s**t in my life!!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Could it be this, just not yellow

it might be similar or this one

Reading the instructions on that one I’d say it’s probably the same or very similar. It was @Daniel who recommended the stuff I’ve got. And the advice he gave me was work on one wheel at a time, work quickly, rinse thoroughly and don’t breath any of it in! 😂

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Jesus Mary Joseph and the wee donkey, that’s the stuff I need. Not going anywhere near it like, I’ll give the youngun down the street a 5er to do it 😂

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Could it be this, just not yellow
That's the stuff! Great product, strong as hell so be careful with getting it on your hands and legs if you wear shorts.

This stuff is also mega at getting oil stains off paving

Reactions: MLB

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
That's the stuff! Great product, strong as hell so be careful with getting it on your hands and legs if you wear shorts.

This stuff is also mega at getting oil stains off paving

Awesome, I have lots of those too haha!

2074C93E-77A5-4A11-974A-07B5D82CB465.jpeg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Got one of these that’s opened just down the road from me: an advert popped up on Facebook this morning.

I’m considering signing up and using it as a final rinse. @Gally what’s your thoughts please mate?
Interesting. I've seen a few detailers using it. Didn wonder what it was. So it provides super clean water for hard water areas or similar?

Sounds better than buying a ppp filter thingy! If you dry your car not sure how much need there is. I'd rather blow dry it or take it a quick spin round the block!