ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mmm will let you know later 👍.

The graphene is very good.

Also the qdx spreads really well and seems to darken the paint. Couple of sprays on a panel, done.

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Arrived.

IMG_20210928_123720.jpg

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Well, looks like the boxes are all quite similar. Buzzing for this. Mines coming later. Like fresh smelling interior stuff so thats a bonus too. Would probs prefer shampoo instead of APX but think im pretty well covered in the shampoo department..... 🤣

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
pretty sure @Gally love the stuff so should be good
Rate the rapid detailer highly, a great cheaper qd that doesn't streak no matter how hard i've tried, super glossy, applies to wet car also, even spray on spray off, versatile, glass, wheels etc.

The Graphene one, great durability but the beading could be more uniform, the sheeting is great and gloss is great, slightly less ease of use over the rapid detailer but that's understandable with the make up of the product. I'd say there are better spray sealants out there, but only in different ways, I would say C2V3 is cleaner, higher end performance, still duarable, but has a more clinical look rather than pure gloss, graphene tries to use IW stable of gloss first.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I got the same box.
Will be interesting to see what the Tyre Candy is like...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Applied, albeit in a rush. Don't need much, spreads well and smells nice. Weather is crap but I'm out for tea so the wheels needed a clean. Obviously.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I got the same other than an air fresher rather than the fresh interior.

Pretty happy for the money tbh.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Sooo got a lovely surprise today on our 4th wedding anniversary.. A mystery box of some sort you say?

Rain only just stopped and it was getting dark but managed to clean the bonnet of the BMW, Mitchell and King Pure and then wax. Spreads easily and even when applied fairly thickly it's easy to buff off after 5 minutes of curing time (interestingly couldn't find any instructions for this wax?).

Done the spoiler with QDX graphene but if that's similar to the normal QDX it will be brilliant.

Will update with beading pics, let the rain come!

20210928_183520.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I got the spray air freshener as well instead of the fresh cleaner. Not a great fan of the scent.

Still incredible value for money.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Difficult to get good pictures in the dark but the wax really doesn't like water sitting on it, car is on a bit of an incline and still water runs off from almost the top of the bonnet.

Top marks for application and water behavior, let's hope durability is good.

20210928_213759.jpg
20210928_213815.jpg

20210928_213740.jpg

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Can't beat Chemical Guys Stripper Scent or Signature Scent as it's known now.

Not a very long lasting smell though.
Which is ironic as well all know! The smell of a stripper hangs around for days! Much like the fake tan all over the front of your jeans…or more accurately if hangs around long enough for your Mrs to notice…or so I heard!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
The Tyre Candy was really nice to apply and looks great. Not sure if it will last as it was over a few weeks old Gyeon Tyre.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I need to clean my tyres properly and give that another go. Was gone by this afternoon.

May end up sticking with the autoglym stuff tbh