ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Had the day off to clean the Skoda I picked up recently. Put in a large order at AMDetails the other day to sort it as I ran out of pretty much most things all at the same time. Do like to give any new car I get a proper deep clean .
IMG_8095.jpeg

So I rinsed it, iron fall out, snow foam, rinse, wash, rinse, clay bar, medium cut polish, fine cut polish, ceramic wax then sealant. Also topped up the glass with water repellant too. Started at 8am and finished about 4pm and I did attend a video call for work mid lunch time. Car came out pretty good I thought, not bad for a £1500 car with 170k miles on it. Has a much deeper shine to it and body work is very smooth now!

IMG_8098.jpeg

IMG_8096.jpeg

Can't wait to give the Clio the same level of attention but it is a bit of a waste of time with the quality of the paint work on it currently.

Fiesta ST-2
Infinity wax offered to replace the air freshener or send £10 gift card. Considering the comments about it smelling like cat piss, I think I'll take the gift card!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Infinity wax offered to replace the air freshener or send £10 gift card. Considering the comments about it smelling like cat piss, I think I'll take the gift card!

Id defo take the gift card. Ive got the interior cleaner thing, is that different?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Did you just email them? Just dropped them an email.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

Hmmm, I still can't make my mind up on it. I'm not keen when first sprayed but after a day or so it simmers down and its a bit better.

What is pissing me off is the trigger is leaking everytime I spray it which means, wherever I put it, there's a little puddle under the bottle. Wondering whether to go full Karen and email about it and see what they say. Don't want it staining the plastic cup holder I've got the bottle in.

Reactions: riz

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I had to cut the bloody hoses down on all of my bottles. I was sat grinning like a spacer pushing the frigging triggers waiting for shot to come out. Took me a while to realise that the hoses were miles too long and kinked. The triggers supplied had the same problem 🤣

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I had to cut the bloody hoses down on all of my bottles. I was sat grinning like a spacer pushing the frigging triggers waiting for shot to come out. Took me a while to realise that the hoses were miles too long and kinked. The triggers supplied had the same problem 🤣

I had the same problem especially with the graphene being a dark liquid.. I was already cursing about companies using inferior spray bottles..

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
never used any screen wash that isnt just standard stuff. Got some Autosmart stuff in atm that we buy through work. 1 5L bottle dilutes to some mega stupid amount so always used that. Whats the difference between that and the CarChem one? is it like Rainx?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Angelwax Clarity adds a little hydrophobic layer so doesn't destroy my glass sealant.

Problem is you need 500ml for a car and with Xenon's etc ,my wife goes through hers pretty quick!!!

Fiesta ST-2
I'm hoping the rain holds out tomorrow, so I can try a few things out. Probably won't be the wax as the car's got two layers of EZ ceramic wax, which after a month (which you'd expect) is beading and sheeting really well.

Fiesta ST-2
The rain was trolling me.. Started when I was drying the car and stopped once I'd put everything away. So I got a few things out again, managed to try the tyre candy which was thicker than the autoglym stuff i normally use. So will see if any more durable? The 1900:1 shampoo ticks all the boxes and very good value for money. I used about 12ml, which was plenty. As I started to use the QDX ceramic detailer it started to rain again, so called it a day!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Think I over applied the wax, quite a bit of hazing on the bonnet in direct sunlight.

Went over with a qd and looks ok

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cool. I remember you mentioned wanting to try the wax. Was going to offer to post it to you to try out. But sounds like your sorted 👍👍👌

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
That's very kind, thank you! But yes all sorted now. Still to try the tyre candy, be interesting to see how that compares to the rubber wax.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
gonna be controversial here but I found 1900:1 good but not amazing. I had really high hopes so there is that. Dont get me wrong, its decent and ill definitely use it. Its not as good as Carpro Reset or Dodo BTBM IMO. Maybe I need to mess with dilutions a bit more. Hard water sucks :(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I've had loads of shampoos and this is as good as any and will last ages and ages. Tbh I don't notice a massive difference between them. Same with waxes, must be getting old or placebo. Co. Uk.

But we all have a hobby lol.