ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Give it a go mate yeah. For best cleaning I would opt for bilt hamber auto foam. Not tried anything that beats that really.

Power maxed tfr is pretty decent too tbf

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Need a couple of new things to try. Wont go mental as Black Friday is on the horizon.

New PH Neutral Snow Foam. Tried BH AF, WP 8 Below and a bunch of others already.

Spray/Foam on Sealants. Always loved AG Polar Seal. Anything better?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I’m planning on giving the Hydro2 foam a try. Not to use as a cleaning product but as a protection top up in between my full decon washes in March and September. I dunno, might be a daft idea but I’m gonna try it anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I’m planning on giving the Hydro2 foam a try. Not to use as a cleaning product but as a protection top up in between my full decon washes in March and September. I dunno, might be a daft idea but I’m gonna try it anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️
saw that mentioned on Detailingworld. I know snow foam is a big topic but foaming on protection does sound quite fun 🤣

Come to think of it, I also need a new foam lance bottle (or 3....)

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Give it a go mate yeah. For best cleaning I would opt for bilt hamber auto foam. Not tried anything that beats that really.

Power maxed tfr is pretty decent too tbf

I have a TFR that takes some beating, use it on all my trade valets and sometimes on customers cars that are really bad.

Haven't released it yet because it seems frowned upon by detailers to use TFR lol

;)

Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 13.08.34.png

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I’ll get through this stuff and pick up some power maxxed too, then I’ll get some bilt hamber stuff.
Thank you!

If I'm being honest, snowfoams are good but citrus based pre-washes are far superior. I did a video on my socials (albeit not the best quality) trying to demonstrate a 50/50 of Citrus Blast against not using any pre-wash at all. Left half was coming up great but the other side wasn't shifting any dirt at all!

Video should be on my instagram somewhere - sowaxdetailing

I think also with using a K1, you're not going to get the thickest foam.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
nope. new one to me. Yeah, it was a bit dear tbh. I wanna say it was £30 or so for the 5L which is a good tenner over BH AF. I just wanted to give it a shot as im getting a bit pissed off with AF and how it rinses

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Clean your car offering free can coat with 75 spend.

What's the best prep for cancoat.

Also I out my BH finis over AF tripple and I don't think it has lasted that well. Is that user error? Or I think even the TW sealant I used wasn't removed properly maybe.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The triple will be failing and take the other with it. Nothing wrong with that. Triple will not last in this weather. DSW on a clean base or cleanser will do 6 months standing on its head.

Can coat prep is ideally a clayed and polished surface. Definitely clay or deep clean. Think of it like c2v3 but seems to be a bit more solid if you will.

Reactions: riz

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Damn. Will have to redo my car then...😂
I've just whacked some QDC Graphene on it to protect it. Will see how long it lasts....

Wife is getting a white X5, I just don't know what to protect it with. I have 3 waxes from Infinity and BH but as it's a big ass car I was thinking a spray sealant or wetcoat etc.