ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
What residue did you get from BH Autofoam?

I've only used it 3 or 4 times, but it's rinsed down fine for me.
Its most visible when just doing a 'foam and rinse' kind of wash. I mainly do these in the winter just to keep the car looking good when the weather is freezing or I dont have the time to go in for a contact wash.

I used to notice it mainly on glass (especially tinted windows #drugdealerspec) and its a bit like when foam dries on and leaves a kind of smear behind. It definitely didnt dry though. I could be wrong here but I think its to do with the anti-corrosion chemicals in AF that BH are famous for. Its quite well documented on Detailingworld that AF can smash some LSP's or reduce beading after not going in for a contact wash

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Its most visible when just doing a 'foam and rinse' kind of wash. I mainly do these in the winter just to keep the car looking good when the weather is freezing or I dont have the time to go in for a contact wash.

I used to notice it mainly on glass (especially tinted windows #drugdealerspec) and its a bit like when foam dries on and leaves a kind of smear behind. It definitely didnt dry though. I could be wrong here but I think its to do with the anti-corrosion chemicals in AF that BH are famous for. Its quite well documented on Detailingworld that AF can smash some LSP's or reduce beading after not going in for a contact wash

Yeah i was just thinking it's probably down to the anti-corrosion stuff.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
most people probably dont realise it even happens tbh. Foam on, rinse off and go in with a shampoo. all dandy. but I got well put off BH since it absolute took a turd on my nice Polish Angel LSP in a single sitting. Took a gamble and Ultra Mousse didnt do it o_O

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Is polish angel not a big hitter in terms of durability?
yeah, absolutely mate. It should be.

Let me explain - I applied 2 coats of Master Sealant. Incredible stuff. My favourite LSP ever to apply and looks etc. I topped it with Rapidwaxx, again gorgeous. I did a trip to scotland, 1500 miles or so over the course of a week. Came back, usual BH AF in a bottle, blasted it over and everything went from beading to sheeting in 10 minutes. I tried everything to get it back, left it, washed it with pure shampoos of course and it was just flat and crap. I did some research and other people have noticed similar (not necessarily with AF but other high alkaline products)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Polish Angel must be crap as AF at full strength 4% PIR doesn't even affect Gyeon Wet Coat, in my experience 😅

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Polish Angel must be crap as AF at full strength 4% PIR doesn't even affect Gyeon Wet Coat, in my experience 😅
should hope not considering its price tag :cry:

Videos show it has really good chemical resistance against alkaline chemicals. Seen the youtube boys test it with good results.

Honestly, I have no idea conclusively why it got fucked soo hard in the ass by AF but it did :( never had it do such damage to any other protection

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
should hope not considering its price tag :cry:

Videos show it has really good chemical resistance against alkaline chemicals. Seen the youtube boys test it with good results.

Honestly, I have no idea conclusively why it got fucked soo hard in the ass by AF but it did :( never had it do such damage to any other protection

Yeah it's a weird one that.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
PA I always found looks over durability.

You should have a base of ceramic of somekind and then just fire whatever on top. I do that will all cars. Helps prevent swirls even if the visual protection dies off. The coating is always safely behind.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Who's excited 👀

Countdown - 2 days.jpeg

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Accessories now added to the sale, possibly the cheapest drying towels out there!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Looked at that a couple of times. Amazon reviews seem pretty crap. But if you say its good...
Well all the pictures of the cars I do, have it on. Got to remember most spazzers who "look after" cars love a good gloopy slick gel shite. I can think of nothing worse.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yep I've got T2 and think it's pretty good. I preferred the gyeon one but now that's run out I'm back to using T2 I had left over before I got gyeon and I'm still more than happy with it.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
What's the history of this one mate? Not many of them. Just wondering if I know this one.
Dad's owned it from new buddy, it's a 2013 car. "One of 500", it's currently on 46k and it's just had the rod bearings done as a precaution. Never had any paint work, front end and leading edges all PPF'd. Wheels have been recently refurbished, couple of random chips on odd spokes.

It could do with a full machine polish, maybe 2 stage if looking for perfection.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely. I restored one and he sold it recently. I think we messaged back then about it! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
ive found a thread on how to revive my old towels. ill give that a shot. if it doesnt work and they are truly shagged then ill hit you up @Hxrry ;)

Hows BF been for you? I imagine busy

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
ive found a thread on how to revive my old towels. ill give that a shot. if it doesnt work and they are truly shagged then ill hit you up @Hxrry ;)

Hows BF been for you? I imagine busy

I use Duel's microfibre wash on all my towels and never had an issue tbf!

It's been my busiest 3/4 days since trading, which is great. I'm loving all the new people trying the brand and giving me good feedback already