ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Wash them with Nikwax or whatever waterproofing stuff is available/suitable.

Or, you know, don't aim the hose at yourself ?!

Kids today. Honestly.
200.gif

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Anyone used surfex as a pre wash. Was curious so put just over 100ml in a 2litre sprayer. Did really well.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Anyone used surfex as a pre wash. Was curious so put just over 100ml in a 2litre sprayer. Did really well.
I swapped the M3 over for the 340 again on Saturday and nipped over to Asda jetwash in Westbrook. Took a full 500ml spray bottle with me, mixed appropriately with Surfex HD. Sprayed the entrie car, left it for 1 minute or two, and started jet washing on a "cold rinse". Car looked immaculate afterwards.

I highly recommend Surfex HD, I use it every wash. Not necessarily all over but mainly, wheel arches, wings behind the wheels, side skirts and tyres.

£17 for 5 litres direct from Bilt Hamber, alternatively you can grab it in person from MACS Auto Detailing in Leigh... when they have it in stock.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
So the infinity wax is going strong still...

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I swapped the M3 over for the 340 again on Saturday and nipped over to Asda jetwash in Westbrook. Took a full 500ml spray bottle with me, mixed appropriately with Surfex HD. Sprayed the entrie car, left it for 1 minute or two, and started jet washing on a "cold rinse". Car looked immaculate afterwards.

I highly recommend Surfex HD, I use it every wash. Not necessarily all over but mainly, wheel arches, wings behind the wheels, side skirts and tyres.

£17 for 5 litres direct from Bilt Hamber, alternatively you can grab it in person from MACS Auto Detailing in Leigh... when they have it in stock.
Always forget you can get it direct from BH. I need some as used the last of it to give my towels a mega strong soak. Cheers

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
My dads windscreen was hit by something on the motorway last night which has left a scuff on the windscreen, it’s not cracked but there is a very small chip at one part.

Any products we could try to remove the scuff to see if any further damage? It currently just looks like a piece of mud smudged on the windscreen.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Glass polishing is the worst of the worst detailing wise. Its messy, difficult and often doesnt actually turn many results. If you want to give it a go, use a heavy cut pad and a heavy cut polish on a machine and see how it goes. If not, its the usual glass cutting compounds. Go VERY careful. Heat the glass up too much and you can cause the lamination to warm up too much and it goes all warped. Id thoroughly recommend watching a few videos before attempting anything

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Cancellation means testing... SO WAX Ceramic 12m coating is officially in testing! Super easy to apply, hopefully should see 12 months from a coating. It's comparable in application and removal to synergy lite, with similar gloss levels. Need to wait for some rain to see the beading and wait a week for it's first wash.

Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 14.07.37.png

Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 14.07.28.png

For now it's only the boot/spoiler and front valance coated as the rest of the cars got GTechniq on, but will be stripping that off in the new year most likely. I want to see how this fares in smaller areas first before coating the entire car!

Obligatory clean car photo too

Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 14.07.05.png

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

I would never go back to clay now, and i'm not just saying that because I'm selling them lol
Waiting for the " marring police" 😜 I've been using a clay mitt for years with fantastic results and not once has it marred the paintwork.
I'm guessing your product does the same thing.
As long as you keep the paintwork well lubed there's no chance of marring.

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 28

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Anyone like gyeon stuff. There is a thread on detailing world for a company selling can coat for a tenner, all seems legit. I've bought a bottle

Screenshot_20211226_120020_com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail.jpg