ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Wifes got a big white car. So this makes sense. Not sure what we top it up with?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Another £100+ spent....

5L Sufex HD
25L MB151 Resin (better last longer than the last batch of 115 I swear to god)
x2 Autobrite Airfresheners

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
as far as I can tell, theres 2 types of resin for filters. MB115 is designed for softer water just to get it down to 0PPM. MB151 is designed for much harder water applications. Being that my water is 300+ ppm, I hope it lasts better. In my 5L vessel, 151 literally lasted about 3 months before it shot back up again.

Worst ways, ive just bought 25L of resin so it should still last me a year if its s**t

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What's everyone using for a drying towel. Bought a couple of micro fibre ones which I found pretty decent.

Just watched a video of duet auto care one?. Seems good. Bought a silver back thing off ebay a while back and it was crap.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Looks like a dual twisted klin Korean. I think most places sell those.

I got mine from In2detailing and it's amazing.
I also got a silverback thing, looks plush but it gets soggy after 1/2 a car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
The silver back after the reviews was crap. Didn't really work at all. Was more like an over fluffy micro fibre.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
ive just 'thrown in the towel' ;) over drying towels. Pure water rinse and f**k off inside now. All mine have gone to s**t and cant get them back. f**k spending another 100 quid only for them to last a few months

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
ive just 'thrown in the towel' ;) over drying towels. Pure water rinse and f**k off inside now. All mine have gone to s**t and cant get them back. f**k spending another 100 quid only for them to last a few months

My In2detailing one has lasted a few years.
Tbh I very rarely wash it!!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I must be buying s**t ones then @riz

I have an autoglym one, beige colour. That was amazing then just fell off a cliff performance wise. Also have a huge Auto Finesse one, green, that again was great but just fell off a cliff. F knows what im doing wrong 🤣

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I must be buying s**t ones then @riz

I have an autoglym one, beige colour. That was amazing then just fell off a cliff performance wise. Also have a huge Auto Finesse one, green, that again was great but just fell off a cliff. F knows what im doing wrong 🤣

Were you using drying aids with them?

How often were you washing them?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Were you using drying aids with them?

How often were you washing them?
Nope. Maybe used drying aids once or twice when running out of resin for my filter but thats a rarity. I tend to dry and then apply a QD/Spray Wax with a mf cloth.

I would wash them after every use tbh. Only for fear of swirling. Used proper MF wash too nothing with softners in.

I think that its either some residual spray wax or whatever has got onto them. Or the OH has put them in the tumble dryer on too high heat.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Nope. Maybe used drying aids once or twice when running out of resin for my filter but thats a rarity. I tend to dry and then apply a QD/Spray Wax with a mf cloth.

I would wash them after every use tbh. Only for fear of swirling. Used proper MF wash too nothing with softners in.

I think that its either some residual spray wax or whatever has got onto them. Or the OH has put them in the tumble dryer on too high heat.

Hmm yeah, sounds like you looked after them tbf.

Could have been a tumble dry on high heat potentially.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Hmm yeah, sounds like you looked after them tbf.

Could have been a tumble dry on high heat potentially.
Possibly mate! Anyway, I think those towels are probably destined to be renegaded.

Ive posted about this way too many times so ill just bite the bullet and renegate them to doorjams or whatever and buy some new ones.

In other news, has anyone tried the Autobrite direct spray air fresheners? Got 2 on order and im a bit apprehensive but the hanging fresheners just work out expensive and last about 30 seconds

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's the one. Bit old skool but we're popular. I bought a load of black ice trees off a chap on here ages ago. Still got about ten left. Think at one point I had about 70 lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
California ones are still the only ones that really last and cost a giver for 2 every 6 months. No brainer.

I got in my mates car and his one was about 4 months old, blew my away as it wasn't my car, you get used to your own one.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
California ones are still the only ones that really last and cost a giver for 2 every 6 months. No brainer.

I got in my mates car and his one was about 4 months old, blew my away as it wasn't my car, you get used to your own one.
Thats exactly it. You get used to the smell which is a bummer. I've got 2 so I'll alternate between them for when i fart in the car

Clio 1.2 16v
The Mrs bought me a white company diffuser for Christmas that you put essential oils on, cover the stick in the oil, clip on your vent and whenever you put the fans on get a woft of whatever's on it, its not cheap but smells awesome 6 days later still. Car smells like a spa its lovely

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Fancy a new wash mitt. Normally buy the cheap Kent ones from amazon, seem okay. Much difference between those at £4 and say a gtecnic wash mitt at £12, or a chemical guys noodle mitt at a tenner.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Screenshot_20220107_212418_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg