ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
And a Mkv Golf which isn't the best car for trying to look after!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Glass cleaning… any tips and tricks guys, what products to use etc. i just can never seem to get my glass free from greasy smears. Obviously especially bad on older glass like on my clio. Be interested to hear what people are using and process of cleaning in and out side

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Glass cleaning… any tips and tricks guys, what products to use etc. i just can never seem to get my glass free from greasy smears. Obviously especially bad on older glass like on my clio. Be interested to hear what people are using and process of cleaning in and out side
I 'deep clean' my glass once a year which usually coincides with the sealant needing a top up.

Meguiars wash plus is good for the exterior. Mildly abrasive so really deep cleans. Machine polish it if I have the time. Dry, then sealant time. After that is the usual APC/snowfoam and shampoo.

Internal is difficult. Still haven't nailed that 100% I'll admit. I vape in the car so it's always worse than other people's. Surfex HD low dilution, wipe and scrub as much as poss. Then it's about 3 rounds of glass cleaner with the final one giving it a really good scrub. Best I've managed it tbh.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
I use white vinegar to clean the screens, it can smell for a short while afterwards but I find it works well, don't need to do it every time with the vinegar I tend to do it a couple of times a year then just use a glass cleaner the other times.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Someone posted it on detailing world. I can grab one fir 44 as I have a returns voucher to use.

Ref karcher not sure Gus

Reactions: Gus

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Jim @ White Details did a good video on it if you search on YouTube.

I don't know if I get lucky with it or what but I just use a glass cleaner, usually Autoglym Fast Glass, spray on, wipe with microfibre and it usually flashes off nicely to be clear and smear free.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Non detailing pro stuff like that usually is best. It's why folk used stardrops for years... It was a great all purpose cleaner that was dilutable at £1! An all purpose cleaner in itself is a standard thing! Genius folk sell the same stuff for £12!

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Vinegar and newspaper

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Garage Therapy glass cleaner - best I’ve ever used.

2 short pile or waffle towels. Spritz cleaner onto glass and buff lightly with first towel. Use second in the opposite direction to the first to clean any residue up.

Less is always more with glass cleaner. I generally use 2-3 squirts per half of a front or rear screen and 1-2 on side glass.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I've come to the conclusion I love ceramic coatings more than waxes

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 15.06.27.png

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Remember thinking I was a pro valeter (before detailing was even a term lol) using SRP and the cars looked unbelievable! Bit of rain or a wash and they'd look crap again
Haha. Same, I’d be out every weekend cleaning the crap out of my car, it’d look mint until I drove it or the sun came out and showed the swirls. SRP was “the” polish to have if you took car care seriously! Lol.