ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Can anyone recommend a decent wheel brush?

Two black Mercs completed this weekend using Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions wax and spray ceremic coating. Very impressed tbh. Very wet looking.

View attachment 1585020

View attachment 1585021

View attachment 1585024Did mothers A45 too

View attachment 1585022

View attachment 1585023
Do you not wash wheel arches in clevedon??

F0C3E92E-DC6F-43DF-9992-B7659ADE0088.png

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
How do you lot wash machine polisher pads? I usually just throw everything in the washing machine 😂

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
How do you lot wash machine polisher pads? I usually just throw everything in the washing machine 😂

While polishing I use a pad washer and poorboys pad cleaner. Afterwards a good clean with the Poorboys stuff or fairy liquid. I've heard the velcro on the pads doesn't last as long and the pads might lose their shape in the washing machine but otherwise it can't hurt I guess.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
New LSP on its way from Infinity Wax.

Boasting all sort of durability claims. Not like IW to make false claims in my experience either.

Should be exciting!

Reactions: riz

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
New LSP on its way from Infinity Wax.

Boasting all sort of durability claims. Not like IW to make false claims in my experience either.

Should be exciting!

The whole 1, 2, 35 years durability does zero for me as a I like to buy and use other stuff

Can imagine the above would appeal for people to apply and forget.

Got to be a set up for an April Fools, I’m calling it now

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
C2v3 really is still the dogs bollx on black cars.

Been using it years and it's so easy to use and gives great beading can't see myself removing it from my go to spray sealant anytime soon. I use infinity wax rapid detailer bannana edition and c2v3 and whenever I wash the car people always seem to ask what I'm using.

Quick wash today I've been using this local place recently so convenient I wish I'd been here sooner rather than getting stroppy bellends at the shell garage for using buckets at the jet wash 😂. Will be very handy come summer because it's well lit for night time washing.

SmartSelect_20220327-195153_Facebook.jpg

20220327_191030-01.jpeg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've tried it in a trigger bottle, it works but i'd say through a lance is better. Either way you'll dry your car in no time!
Tried the rinse aid this evening.

First impressions are I’m really impressed. Unfortunately couldn’t get any photos or videos as it was getting dark very quickly so was only a mega quick wash but it was a piece of piss applying it through the lance.

Instant protection, easier to dry and seems to have a good gloss to it as well! Put around 75ml into 350ml in the lance and only used half of it on the Clio so seems even the small bottle will last a good amount of time.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Been using it years and it's so easy to use and gives great beading can't see myself removing it from my go to spray sealant anytime soon. I use infinity wax rapid detailer bannana edition and c2v3 and whenever I wash the car people always seem to ask what I'm using.

Quick wash today I've been using this local place recently so convenient I wish I'd been here sooner rather than getting stroppy bellends at the shell garage for using buckets at the jet wash 😂. Will be very handy come summer because it's well lit for night time washing.

View attachment 1585857

View attachment 1585858

That jetwash station is immense! What a great idea.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Why did they not cover the last one? Big vehicles?

Great idea though! Going to have to buy more c2v3. I don't even like gtechniq but that product always always impressed. You only need to look at how many detail threads I used it on to see how good it is. Always felt the glossiest spray sealant. Most were a bit sterile.

I want to try bouncers si edition which seems very similar.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Tried the rinse aid this evening.

First impressions are I’m really impressed. Unfortunately couldn’t get any photos or videos as it was getting dark very quickly so was only a mega quick wash but it was a piece of piss applying it through the lance.

Instant protection, easier to dry and seems to have a good gloss to it as well! Put around 75ml into 350ml in the lance and only used half of it on the Clio so seems even the small bottle will last a good amount of time.

Glad to hear you're happy! It's still early days but the reviews have been positive.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Up to 20, yep.

I used 3-4 MF cutting pads, 3 polishing and 2 finishing in 5”, similar number in 75mm when I did the Clio recently.

I don’t have a compressor so rely on a brush to clean them as I work and safer to swap to a new, clean pad than continually cycle through potentially dirty ones. Works for me anyway.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Getting itchy feet now, quite fancy a change.

Still looks great though.

Megs Crystal paint cleanser, srp, m&k diamond seal, Harry's detail spray

IMG_20220329_175521.jpg

IMG_20220329_180131.jpg

Last edited: