ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Clio 2.0 138hp
What's the go to for window rubber trim dressing. Want to bring some life back into them.
Clean them up first by using some tar remover on a cloth. Just needs a drop on an old microfibre. Lightly wipe it over the rubber to remove some of the dead crap on the surface. Make sure to wash it off and then use a water based all purpose dressing on them. Let it soak in, give it another coat if needed. Then just lightly buff off the excess
Sonax do make a rubber seal dressing thats supposed to be decent too.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I have the trim dressing from sonax which I use on the lower main trims. Bought this for around the windows etc. Supposed to be very good.

Screenshot_20220516_165216_com.android.chrome.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Will do. I bought 5 litres of ag rebound when it was offer at £20. Very satisfying using that. Jeez I. Am. Sad.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I thought the raceglaze stuff was pants. I was going to suggest nanolex rejuvenator but I think there are lots of good ones out now. That soloution finish stuff?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Anybody used a Neon wheel cleaner?
They look pretty cool and yes I saw it on Insta

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
A1 Detailing. They have a few bits in the for sale section.

Surfex is just so very good. Been using g101 and imo surfex is quite a bit better

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Well, thanks @imprezaworks thats another £20 odd gone out of my account ;)

3 Bottles of iFoam (can never have enough PH neutral foam)
2x light fantastic wax
1x Blue velvet
1x diamond white
4x applicators

BARGAIN.

I got a spread of waxes to see which looks best on the Mexico once thats done. Im tempted to ceramic it but I think wax will make it look better

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Washed my bm yesterday. I sprayed Sio2 detailer over it whilst wet and dried with my towel as usual, but its left loads of what look like water marks all over. When trying to wipe them off, it was like too much wax on the car and it started to look patchy. The whole car now needs a fuckin polish and it's pissed me off

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Washed my bm yesterday. I sprayed Sio2 detailer over it whilst wet and dried with my towel as usual, but its left loads of what look like water marks all over. When trying to wipe them off, it was like too much wax on the car and it started to look patchy. The whole car now needs a fuckin polish and it's pissed me off

This is the exact reason I gave up on those spray on wet sio2 coatings.