ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Still like the infinity wax supergloss +. Always found fusso too grabby not sure if it still the same.

All the Bilt Hamber ones are epic, I think they are in upgraded pots these days also. There is a reason they win so many tests.

I think Britemax vanatage won a gloss meter test for value a while back, big fan. 80& Black label really.

Oh and swissvax is prestige as is zymol. I miss the Glasur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Megs Ultimate Polish is pretty good stuff. Dead easy to use.

20220713_211018.jpg

20220713_210449.jpg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Question.

I now have a pressure washer to use at home so want to use a product I’ve had my eye on for a while - CarPro Hydrofoam.

It’s my first time using a detergent bottle with a pressure washer, and the bottle for mine works on a (Bosch claim) 3:1 dilution ratio. Now Carpro recommend a 9:1 dilution ratio so obviously to me that would suggest that I need to fill the detergent bottle 1/3 product and 2/3 water to hit 9:1.

But I just wanted to check that I’m not massively overthinking it, and that you just fill the detergent bottle 1/9th with product because all pressure washers are the same and that’s already taken care of and I’d be massively overloading it with product if I did 1/3.
Treated the car with hydro2 foam the other day but because I’m an idiot, I didn’t dry the car and thought that several rinses and allowing it to dry overnight would be enough to stop it leaving a residue.

View attachment 1598912

As you can see, I am a fully qualified potato.
Didn’t even realise until today because it had half the sahara desert on top of it.

Any ideas what would be best to get rid of the residue? Aside from not being an idiot in the first place, obviously.

So a couple things.

The gun was actually pulling from the bottle at about 7.5 to 1, so I’d mixed it at 22.5:1 when I applied it. Which would explain why the beading was maybe not quite so wild as expected.

Secondly it just all wiped off after a rinse with the PW. Only did a half arsed wash to try and get the staining and endless bird s**t off but looks way better now.
9A9980BA-CDA8-4D9D-8559-DBEEDD40B714.jpeg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Love my di Vessel.

Interestingly enough, I used it to make shampoo and it was miles better than standard TaP water.

Hardness prior was around 350

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Yep, it 100% will make shampoo feel better.

Its something I learnt in science - fucked if I can remember it now.

But yes, it does make more suds! Cos, Science.

Reactions: riz
  Fiesta ST-2
Just tried AG Aquawax for the first time, really impressed with the ease of use and gloss. Not expecting miracles with durability but for £9 with a few microfiber cloths, pretty good value.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Halfords bucket. £1
Halfords sponge. £0.59
Halfords wash and wax. £2

Clean M3. £3.59

Interestingly the Halfords wash and wax is exactly the same colour/smell as Meguire's but £10 cheaper.

P.S I used a single bucket method.
Is it one of their go fast green buckets? The one where the handles fall off when you are walking through the kitchen with lovely warm, sweet smelling suds? 🫣

recommendations for a stubby gun for a Nilfisk pressure washer? It’s a C135 1-6 Xtra.

I have the Nilfisk super foam sprayer but don’t mind buying a gun/snow foam set.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi got some AF Glisten for my birthday. What's the best way to use this on a car that's only recently been cleaned/polished but has been sat for a week gathering dust! Obviously I don't want to just spray over the top of the dust.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Hi got some AF Glisten for my birthday. What's the best way to use this on a car that's only recently been cleaned/polished but has been sat for a week gathering dust! Obviously I don't want to just spray over the top of the dust.

Just wash, dry, spray on and wipe off. It’s similar to a basic detailing spray with a little extra added gloss. You can also use it as a drying aid.

Don’t expect it to last long, couple of weeks max.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thanks. I admit I'm very much out of touch. I still use Mer as my polish, so this spray wax would go on afterwards? I can't see it being a replacement, but maybe it is.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Thanks. I admit I'm very much out of touch. I still use Mer as my polish, so this spray wax would go on afterwards? I can't see it being a replacement, but maybe it is.

Yup, just wash the car, dry, spray glisten onto the panel and wipe off with a clean microfiber. It’s just a quick detailing spray with some added kick (carnauba wax additive).

Sometimes if I’m short of time I just wash, spray and dry.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Bit of a long shot, does anyone know of any reputable detailers in Dubai/UAE? A friend is looking to get his new car detailed + ppf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk