ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Just a heads up - CarChem Black Friday deals go live tonight (IIRC)

Banging value. Last year I picked up 5L of 1900:1 shampoo for under £20. For the weekend warrior thats years of shampoo and its good stuff too

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Interested. I’ve always found delivery to be fine, others not so much. I’m sure you have seen the ‘free’ ph snow foam offer on dw.

But will definitely grab some shampoo,

Live at 6.45.

Is there fallout any good? I don’t really need much else tbh.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Just a heads up - CarChem Black Friday deals go live tonight (IIRC)

Banging value. Last year I picked up 5L of 1900:1 shampoo for under £20. For the weekend warrior thats years of shampoo and its good stuff too

Is it just the stuff thats on sale, or are they applying any discount at checkout?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Interested. I’ve always found delivery to be fine, others not so much. I’m sure you have seen the ‘free’ ph snow foam offer on dw.

But will definitely grab some shampoo,
Yep, got that through the post. something under a tenner (£6.95?) for delivery and a free 2.5L snowfoam....whats not to like?

I dont tend to use PH Neutral foam but its handy for when I detail cars with carbon ceramic brakes. Or, especially in winter, if I want the BH foam to dwell a bit longer ill mix it up in with that.

CarChems stuff is really good for the money. Shampoo is excellent - just make sure you get 1900:1 NOT SuperSuds (SS has fillers/gloss enhancers in). Their spray on sealant (through a foam lance) is alright. Doesnt bead very well nor last, but it does give a great gloss - I use it for the 'cheaper' details I do or if im lazy in winter (Read: freezing my nuts off). Their Fallout remover is really good. Not amazing in terms of reaction, but for the price you cant beat it. Tempted by 25L of that. I quite like Refresh odour eliminator for doing interiors. Their hydrophobic screenwash is fantastic too - dilutes really well and every time you clean your winscreen you add a sacrificial layer of sealant

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Is it just the stuff thats on sale, or are they applying any discount at checkout?
neither at the moment. Youve got to wait until tonight for the proper sale. I just checked this to see if it had popped on early and it hasnt yet.

Youll know when its properly live as its a massive discount usually

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Bought and used the Glaco polish and seal set at the weekend. My god, sod using any other product going forwards. So easy and brilliant results. Highly recommended and beading from 45mph. No need for wipers above 50-60mph.

Only lasts for 4 months? Surely it’s better to just use G1? Or am I missing something?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Think I’ve tried most of their stuff and have bits that would cover it. Haven’t tried any citrus pre, anyone tried theirs?. Haven’t ordered yet but this is what I have.

IMG_3117.png

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Tidy. Was reading about the ceramic qd, don’t think I need any wheel stuff?!?

The qd isn’t on the site sadly

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Anyone uses the snow foam lance from Autoglym ? Is it any good ?

Link
I’ve got a Chinese Ali baba special for £9 delivered. I bought it as a stop gap until researched and ordered a proper one. The f**king thing won’t die! I’ve had it a year now and I use it 5-6 times a week. For snow foam and Spray on sealants. Amazing 🤩

That one looks really Sturdy and well made, and if you’re only a weekend cleaner, it will last forever. Definitely worth the extra. Mine works perfectly but it feels so cheap and nasty it’s comical.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
I’ve got a Chinese Ali baba special for £9 delivered. I bought it as a stop gap until researched and ordered a proper one. The f**king thing won’t die! I’ve had it a year now and I use it 5-6 times a week. For snow foam and Spray on sealants. Amazing 🤩

That one looks really Sturdy and well made, and if you’re only a weekend cleaner, it will last forever. Definitely worth the extra. Mine works perfectly but it feels so cheap and nasty it’s comical.
That's what I got now, chinese crap from ebay that refuses to die. It has 6 years plus, and still works except the thickness control, but I've seen the autoglym, seems cheap and I am tempted to scrap de old one.
I am not doing anything professional, weekend cleaner says on me.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_3184.jpeg
IMG_3185.jpeg
IMG_3186.jpeg
Grabbed this from work as one of my leaving presents. It’s been there since I have and think 1996 is the date stamp. I don’t recall it being used more than a handful of times in the 18 years with me. No idea of it’s worth much but still works as it should.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone got some examples of wet sanding success? I have a few seemingly light scratches that won’t come out with a polisher

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
It’s not as bad as you might think, it worth knowing the paint depth if you can. I e done it a few times, not the same degree as @Daniel but on quite a few different cars, doesn’t take much normally to fix tricky marks.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Anyone recommend a decent cheap blow dryer for wheels mirror housings etc not the whole car necessarily.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Nice! Just don't over apply it, you'll notice streaking on darker colours if you do.

I've had some better results spreading it with a microfibre, which is worth a try. Although it does take away from the speed of application.
Didn't know you could over apply it tbh. Just did a panel or two at a time with a few sprays.