ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Did I get a good deal (new 182)

Hi all,

New member here defecting from a string a VWs and moving on to a 182, which will hopefully give me the driving pleasure I want with a 3r warranty!

I ordered my 182 yesterday from a main dealer and think I got a pretty good deal, but you guys know better than me so I thought Id ask!

How does a 182 with cup suspension pack, cup spoilers, titanium paint and Recaros for £13550 sound? Admittadly the trade in offered for my VR6 wasnt great but delivery is 6 weeks so Ill probably sell it privately nearer the due date.

Will I regret buying a 182 over a civic type R?

Ian.

Id say you could probably get another 1k off that price. Id payed 12.5k for mine with the above (less the recaro).

Good choice mate and welcome to the club, you wont regret buying the 182 great cars!!!

Mini Cooper S sport

Yep, I think most people seem to have paid about £12,600 ish for theirs (apart from the jammy buggers who got them on friends and family!).

Anyway, dont worry about it too much, youve not been totally ripped off.

Youll LOVE the 182 Im sure, much more fun than a Type R - not as well built as VWs but much cheaper!

Welcome to Cliosport - join up as a member, its only a fiver! (y)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

welcome to the club

I think you could of got that for a little less,but good choice all the same

ian

welcome, and you should be able to get your car for 12.5 k with recaros, as for will you regret buying a 182 ???, depends on how much you like visiting the dealers :p

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

not bad, depends on your area, some bits are well dear for 182s id say you might have wanted to have shopped around for a while and got a few more deals prior to commiting to that one, still it may have involved more hassle than its worth.

Not many folk get titanium (from this site anyway) so will be nice to see the snaps when you get it

MINI JCW

I paid 13.5k for mine from a dealer and i tried about 10 different dealers in my area, and couldnt get it any lower. As long as you are happy with the price then thats the main thing im sure there are sompeople who have paid list price for them!!!

Ah well, you win some, you loose some!

Im pretty pleased with the price, its better than most online prices I got (drivethedeal, tins etc) but worse than others (new-car-discount), I like the idea of buying from a local dealer, maybe more eager to please with niggly warrenty issues, time will tell.

I hope the recaros will be better than the standard seats as the driving position was what stopped me buying a 172 a couple of years ago, again time will tell!

Cheers for the welcome,

Ian.

I paid £11850 with both cup packs & metallic at a main dealer, i did not go for the recaro option because i already have them in my evo. They are wicked seats, but my missus needs to have the seat higher than me. so we needed the adjustment.

best of luck

Cup'd 182

I got my cupped black gold 182 for 12.7k at a main dealer about 2 weeks ago.

[Edited by Slotter on 3/13/2005 8:38:42 PM]

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by Ian182 on 13 March 2005

Ah well, you win some, you loose some!

Im pretty pleased with the price, its better than most online prices I got (drivethedeal, tins etc) but worse than others (new-car-discount), I like the idea of buying from a local dealer, maybe more eager to please with niggly warrenty issues, time will tell.

I hope the recaros will be better than the standard seats as the driving position was what stopped me buying a 172 a couple of years ago, again time will tell!

Cheers for the welcome,

Ian.

good atitude matey and im sure youll enjoy it. need to let us know how the seats are.

Should have bought a type r, you will regret it big time because the dealers are crap and resale value is non existant.

My advice would be to cancel while you can.

Dont get me wrong they drive great but the -s far out weigh the +s.

Quote: Originally posted by jonathon555 on 13 March 2005

I paid £11850 with both cup packs & metallic at a main dealer, i did not go for the recaro option because i already have them in my evo. They are wicked seats, but my missus needs to have the seat higher than me. so we needed the adjustment.

best of luck

Hi - wheres this from please as Ive money to spend and can travel just about anywhere to pick up

Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by stu8v on 13 March 2005
Should have bought a type r, you will regret it big time because the dealers are crap and resale value is non existant.My advice would be to cancel while you can.Dont get me wrong they drive great but the -s far out weigh the +s.

Piss on his bonfire as well why your at it. Nice car mate. Lot of car for the money - even at list

182 Spiced

I PAID 13,200 WITH THE 0% FINANCE OPTION OVER 3 YEARS.

Not bad I think\hope in the long term, although the Clio 182 will drop in value like the 172s once the new model comes in... not looking forward to it - but hey, im enjoying every moment!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

At the end of the day, weve only paid £11k-£14k for a bloody decent, fun handling, quick little car. There are many other makes and models out there that people are paying well over £20k for and dont expect to see half that in 3 years time.

Yes, it will lose value, especially when (if) a newer version comes out.

Personally, I dont care - I think its a cracking car and Im enjoying every minute of it!

Welcome to our mad group Ian! :D

D.

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 17 March 2005

At the end of the day, weve only paid £11k-£14k for a bloody decent, fun handling, quick little car...
This pretty much echos the reason I bought the 182!

If I was really bothered about depreciation I certainly wouldnt have bought a new renault!

Ian.