ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Did I get by my local garage??

Did I get done over by my local garage??

I bought myself new rear discs/ pads and hanbrake cables last week and decided to have them fitted by a garage as the handbrake cables looked a right pig to do with the heat shields in the way etc.

Turns out the handbrake cables I got were too short so they didnt even fit them and i still ended up being charges £165 inc VAT

The parts were all PAGID if that makes any difference

On the invoice here is how it is broken down:

- replace rear brake discs and pads £60.50
- remove rear wheel bearing and ABS reluctor from old discs and re-fit to new ones £77.00

Would be interested to know ASAP so I can call up the garage pretty sharpish

Cheers
Mark

Last edited:
Call them up and say what exactly?

They've charged you the labour for the time it took them to do the work? What else did you expect?

You supplying incorrect parts isn't their fault so you should still be charged the time to for attempting it.

Seems a little high but they might have experienced problems doing it or whatever. This is why you should ask for estimated costs/labour times before. Not get it done, pay for it and then moan on the internet.

should have spent the extra and got the pagid rear discs with the bearing and abs ring already on and as said above

Call them up and say what exactly?

They've charged you the labour for the time it took them to do the work? What else did you expect?

You supplying incorrect parts isn't their fault so you should still be charged the time to for attempting it.

Seems a little high but they might have experienced problems doing it or whatever. This is why you should ask for estimated costs/labour times before. Not get it done, pay for it and then moan on the internet.

Calm down mate, thought this forum was getting help and advice on things like this.

Appreciate your opinion, maybe you could have just said something like "Did you know genuine renault discs already have the bearings fitted in and aftermarket parts dont?" that would have been more helpful and constructive.

Suzuki Jimny
ABS rings on a cup?

Chances are that the old bearings will fail soon and you'll have to replace them again.

BMW M135i
Why wouldn't you get the OEM renault discs that come complete?

And they've charged you to swap the abs rings over on a cup LOL. Hook, line and sinker.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What's their hourly rate ?

If it's £60 an hour, then you've not done bad. If it's £15, then you need to wonder what they were doing !

Didn't you get a quote before hand..?

RS6 C7
Seems high. Depends where you go though & your fault for not getting an estimate.

Always easier to let the garage supply the parts in my opinion unless it's a rare thing.

You take the piss by supplying your own parts so they charge for every last thing that they are entitled to charge for. Next time just let them supply the parts unless they are performance.

haha think i better leave it, having not been to a garage for a while it was quite a shock!

I better use this forum a bit better next time before going out and buying parts.