ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Didnt look good ! ??

leon cupra R
Been getting a really annoying squeak from the engine bay for a few weeks and could not sus the problem.

got pissed off and went around the engine bay with a light tonight and found this bolt loose which holds the alternator in i believe.

in the picture its tightend up now and that was the initial problem that caused the squeaking.

popppoo800sc3.jpg

Had a new alternator begining of the year also new cambelt aux kit 3 months ago so dont know whos at fault really or if the bolt just worked its self loose.

So How BAD could this have been if the bolt came out completely??

dazza

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
LMAO!! that was mint. Sorry, no help with the problem, but my guess would depend on where the belts are in terms of what else is near the alt.

Lucky you tightned it tho

BMW M135i
If thats the bottom bolt then if it'd come out it'd allow the aux belt tension to pull the alternator toward the engine slackening the belt and allowing it to jump off most likely straight into the cambelt. So not too clever really.