ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences between 172, 172 cup and 182

Ph1 172
As above really total noob to the reno world of car ownership,

Have just brought a ph1 172 and would like to know what are the main differance between the ph1 172 cup and 182 please.

Cheers

Paul

MCS R56
Re: Differences between 172, 172 cup and 18

There is no ph1 172 Cup. If you are talking about the ph2 172 Cup, a search should help you out.

A 172 Cup search will find things like; Hero, Fastest and Best.

Ph1 172

sort of lol
is the Cup suspension any better different, then on a ph1?

clio cup 172

men drive cup's. Then crash and burn in a wall when it rains....

Discounted 1*2 parts

ph2 172 cup - no abs, no air con, speedline turini wheels, cup suspension, cup spoiler, boggo interior, front splitter

182 has climate control, cruise control, xenons, half leather, auto headlights/wipers

full fat models have cup spoiler, cup suspension, front splitter and anthracite wheels

should be about all you need to know

Ph1 172

thank you, oh and that link helped a lot cheers :)

My mind is now made up the ph1 does look better from the front compared to the ph2 :approve: imo of coarse

RS Clio Trophy

ph2 172 cup - no abs, no air con, speedline turini wheels, cup suspension, cup spoiler, boggo interior, front splitter

182 has climate control, cruise control, xenons, half leather, auto headlights/wipers

full fat models have cup spoiler, cup suspension, front splitter and anthracite wheels

should be about all you need to know

cups also come with lighter glass!

220 Trophy

Does anyone know if the track width altered at all over the life of the 172, or from the 172 to the 182?

At the moment my 2000 PH1 172 has the OEM OZ's on with their ET43 offset, James at JMS' PH2 172 has Speedline 2118's on with an identical ET43 offset but they look to stick out further?

220 Trophy
Thanks Fred, do you happen to know how much by, and which parts are different?

I’m not referring to the different track width created by the different offset in wheels, but the actual mechanicals themselves.

Lionel Richie
Thanks Fred, do you happen to know how much by, and which parts are different?

I’m not referring to the different track width created by the different offset in wheels, but the actual mechanicals themselves.

rear stub axles mainly, from memory 172 normal are £70 each, 172 cup £300 each!

220 Trophy
Thanks, so it is just the rear track width that should be different?. Conversely, my rear wheels look to be the same overal width as the PH2 172 I mentioned, but it’s my fronts that look to be narrower??

172 cup TT
The 172 cup is the top of the range model... bit like the focus 1.6 TDCI and the Focus RS

hope that helps

220 Trophy
Is any one apart from Fred actually reading my post?? – I’m referring to the differences in track width, not whether the engine is different or whether the Cup is the top of the range?!

Thanks anyway though.

260% JCW
Is any one apart from Fred actually reading my post?? – I’m referring to the differences in track width, not whether the engine is different or whether the Cup is the top of the range?!

Thanks anyway though.

Sorry but some people get fed up of reading and answearing the same question over and over again. If you had been bothered to use the search button, Top right box by the way as suggested you would have found all the info you need. Enjoy.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show.....-Cup-wide-track/page2&highlight=track+width

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?190708-clio-cup-track&highlight=track+width

220 Trophy
Thanks, had already searched but couldn't find my answer. I know the Cup has a different set up because aftermarket suspension fits the PH1 and PH2 172 and then the 182, but not the Cup. I am asking if there was any suspension/track width differences between the PH1 and PH2 172 because as mentioned above James at JMS' PH2 with the same offset wheels and same 5mm spacers look to stick out further and mine look a little lost in the arches. We're running the same -2 camber as well.

172 cup TT
my answer was a p!ss take by the way son.. makes me laugh everytime i re-read what i wrote... but yes you really should search as this is probably an older question than "whats quicker 172 vs type r?" or that V6 on fire

220 Trophy
I’m quite capable of using the search function and also the internet, but couldn’t find my answer – hence posting my question.

Thanks for your constructive help.