ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences in sound between induction kits

205 GTI, Clio 182
Hi guys. I have read the induction sticky, and most of the threads, but am still a little confused.

172 Ph2 here. I'm debating whether to plonk some cash down on an induction kit of some kind. Is the noise much different to just removing the valve from the intake?
I am mainly looking at a K&N Apollo. Is there a sound difference between an Apollo and a Powertec foam kit? Which would people recommend based on sound alone?

I am not after huge power gains - just a little more growl to my induction note.

Ph 1 172
Simota aero foams sound fantastic but are s**t for power.
An open cone will give you a throaty roar if you just want noise. All depends how much you want to spend

205 GTI, Clio 182
Simota aero foams sound fantastic but are s**t for power.
An open cone will give you a throaty roar if you just want noise. All depends how much you want to spend
Okay interesting. How bad is the power loss. I live in a fairly hot climate - regularly hits 30 in summer. 20*C in winter.

Willing to spend.. 350 AUD/200 quid.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
at that money you can get an pipercorss viper or a BMC CDA, and they are enclosed (better for power) and also sound nice.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fit an ITG panel filter, and then remove your induction pipe into the airbox.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
mine felt chocked when I did this couple of times. sounds nice but I wouldn't keep it that way

ValverInBits
with the hot climate, the better cold air feeds are going to be important. BMC CDA are reasonable. I think Pipercross vipers are a touch cheaper