ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Different door hinge pins on each side?! pics included

182FF
Hi all!

I was lubing up bits and bobs (mainly the useless bonnet latch!) and noticed one of my drivers side door hinge pins had unwound itself!! The top one is screwed in from below and was halfway to falling out.

Then I noticed that the pins on the passenger side are a pin and clip design rather than threaded. See below for pics of both.

IMG_20130402_173114.jpg

IMG_20130402_173027.jpg

Which is standard?! And can I assume the car has had a new door or at least new pins on one side?

172 + 1.2
The ones with the torx head are a newer design im sure, had this at work before that when you order new pins they can be different from the original as they updated them. Means your door must have been off in the past for some reason, wouldnt worry about it aslong as they open, shut and line up fine!

182FF
The ones with the torx head are a newer design im sure, had this at work before that when you order new pins they can be different from the original as they updated them. Means your door must have been off in the past for some reason, wouldnt worry about it aslong as they open, shut and line up fine!

I see, thanks for the info. It doesn't exactly line up... the very top rearmost corner touches the body as the door slams shut so it's missing a round 1mm bit of paint... I'll live! I also get a turbulent wind noise from around the rear part of the door, anyone else get this?

Bottom brassy coloured one is standard or is on my 182 and seen the same on a few 1.2s.

The retaining clip popped off my top one and the pin wiggled its way out until the door dropped, so that's possibly why its been changed.