ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dilema selling track spec 172 need advice plese pm e

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
New roll cage: £1000
New Tailgate: £450
New CF bonnet: £450
New Wheels: £500
New Coils: £500
Realising you have made a big mistake when the total spend is over £14,000 and the gearbox gives up, and now knowing there’s not a hope of ever getting near half that amount back? :priceless: !

There are some things that money can't buy... for everything else, there's Mastercard.

172 turbo
read what i wrote u knob head, i have not posted everything on the car classic cliosport.net t**t

172 turbo
all hidden behind ure computer screens please please think about if u have shite opinions just stay quiet, its not hard . :D okay

What happened in here? Thread been cleaned up? Someone post something on the internet and then spit their dummy out at the reactions?

Petrol Blue 182.
Or deciding where to invest his money. LOL

Arn't you not ploughing money into a turbo'd Banana?

Just get a new gearbox Phalem, only way to re-coup some money would be breaking it. As you've stated you don't want to do that. just fix it

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Arn't you not ploughing money into a turbo'd Banana?

If you mean my sierra, then I agree with you totally that its a bad investment, but the difference between me and the OP is that I could break it and get most of my money back as other than a couple of K on bits like paint, everything is still there because its not had a single penny spent in labour, where as if you spend large sums of money on labour, you cant break the car and see a single penny of the labour back, only the parts.
So in that respect, although not a good investment, all my cars are certainly "less bad" from that point of view as there is never any labour charges in them cause I do everything myself normally (other than paint, im s**t at paint)
The other difference is that I wouldnt expect to sell a car worth 3-4 when it works, for 10K when its broken, so all the money I have "lost" on my cars, Ive done so knowingly not had a sudden surprise like this fella seems to have done where he finds out it was actually an expensive hobby not an investment, im not under that illusion in the first place, lol

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Stacky, have you had the box out to diagnose what is wrong yet?

I thought I'd blown my gearbox up at Llandow but got lucky when it was only where the driveshaft connects to the differential.

172 turbo
not yet mate dropping it down to k tec in a while going to keep it and just apreciate it for the time efort and money ive spent on it .

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
To pour so much money into it and sell it would just be sheer lunacy tbh. You made the right choice.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
id say strip it....

to most people thats a dynamique with stickers & a top gear splitter....

S

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I remember speaking to you at trax, I was parked next to you in the silver cup whilst you were pacing around the stand clearly fuming at your mis-fortune :( bad luck and sorry to think you've not had the pleasure of using it since (3 months) I'm sure you told me and my mate you'd made all the carbon parts yourself? Unless I misunderstood you

172 turbo
what u mean by that ? with a 2.0 engine in and hang on a minute. a 172 not a dynamique conversion :S ?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
IMG_0973.jpg

Looks decent. Although I'm surprised it's had that much money put into it and still has fog lights. Brake ducts FTW.

Kinda makes it seem like a bit of a show queen rather than a properly sorted track car.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
You got to face hard facts Stacky. No one in their right mind is going to spend 10k on a non runner when for 10k they can get a Clio V6, Clio 197 Cup or a Clio R27 for less and spend the change on some track day parts. For 10k you could even get a proper race car I would listen to the majority and spend the 500 quid for a new box or break it for spares. that is my honest opinion

megane 225
Fix the box and il buy it, want a trackday car, however youl never get over 5k for it, thats how moddin is unfortunately

172 turbo
yeah the some of the cf panels i made up my self and obviously the cf boot i had to fabricate to fit along with the spoiler as just a mould that neaded alot of cutting etc for locks

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Am I missing something on this thread? I have read a lot of posts saying that Stacky expects to recoup 10k plus for his car but don't seem to be able to find a post where Stacky has said anything like that? From what I can see the bloke was asking how much he should put the car up for or wether or not to break it. Give the bloke a break for Christ sake.

Am I missing something on this thread? I have read a lot of posts saying that Stacky expects to recoup 10k plus for his car but don't seem to be able to find a post where Stacky has said anything like that? From what I can see the bloke was asking how much he should put the car up for or wether or not to break it. Give the bloke a break for Christ sake.

Reading not your strong point? Have a look at the first post.

basically my 172 gearbox went the day of silverstone trax day , before I even got to the place. NEVER TRACKED THE CAR ONCE!

Scenario is , ive spent looking at receits on parts and labour, etc roughly about 14000 on my 172, mainly is carbon fibre panels ie boot lid, bonnet, extreme splitter, roof scoof etc. I need to sell it but I really cant see the point in me getting the box fixed and then selling it, alot of time and hassle , do you think a person who knew there stuff would buy it as engine still runs perfect just gearbox is shot and what type of price shall i be looking at selling it.

milage 89000
mods etc - 14000 - high spec car.

x sport welded cage, interior white respray, corbeu sprint seat and new revoloution, removable lifeline boss and omp sterring wheel, flocked dash, cf roof scoop with vent, coilovers, 2118s white , cf bonnet, cf custom splitter, cf fog light surrounds, cf badges, cf boot lid and perspex window, wilwood 4 sport brakes with braided lines, jms induction kit remap pops and bangs, k tec stealth exhaust system , omp 4 point harneses and a few more bits , its basically a road legal track car and i need a rough idea of price to sell it at. i reckon with the box gone 10k plus easy pm me for details and advice thanks stacky