ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dirty Big Crack

A slow one :-(
Had a knocking sound coming from the car for the last week. Me and a mate searched all over the car to see if we could find it and this was the result!

crack.JPG

I am absoultely shocked that I've been driving round in a potential death trap. Looks like i'll be getting the peasent waggon to work tomorrow :dapprove:

Last edited:
  Leon Cupra R 225
Jesus, you are very lucky, that could have ended in tears!!

Good excuse to get some nice new brakes :D

The Fatty said:
how the hell did that happen?!
I have no idea! My mate has worked on alot of cars and said thats the biggest crack he's seen in a brake disc before. He was canny shocked!

The car was only serviced 4k miles ago as well!

And the car is washed from Cold every sunday morning before anyone asks!

I've only had the car 5 months and it was serviced just before I bought it so god knows how old the discs are.

306 TD Slut
hmm i worry now after i drive my car and wash it and get the discs wet.. no different from going through a puddle tho when braking hard on the road...?

Meh its got a Benfield warranty which isn't worth the paper its written on.

Doesn't cover the brakes... going to get my local Renault garage (Wylam Garage)to check all the brakes and do an oil change on it. It's the only Renault garage in the North East that I trust.

Impreza STI v5
Had the same problem with my 53 plate cup on both sides at the back last winter, back brakes kept sticking on and that was the result a huge crack on both sides, got new calapers on both sides plus new discs and pads all round under waranty.
Just before that my handbreak failed and my car rolled down a hill missed a car a tree then came to rest on the grass after mounting the kerb oh how i love French quality

Mine look the same - rust wise.

Renault said they only do approx 20% of the overall braking

and that the rust on them looked bad but they still have 0.4mm life left which occording to them is 40% so should go on another 20k at least

hahah!

im on the look out for new rear discs but can only ever find new fronts ??

will be interested in cost too Eddie

Jackson172 said:
Mine look the same - rust wise.

Renault said they only do approx 20% of the overall braking

and that the rust on them looked bad but they still have 0.4mm life left which occording to them is 40% so should go on another 20k at least

hahah!

im on the look out for new rear discs but can only ever find new fronts ??

will be interested in cost too Eddie

I'll let you know on the cost. I suspect that I'll be having a very quiet month cos my Tax is due as well :dapprove:

BMW M135i
A set of rear discs will be v.expensive from renault. Will save a fair bit if you get them from gdi and do them yourself.

172 Cup
That's a shame. I knew what the crack would be as soon as I read the title though. This has happened on someone on here before. I should really get my rear brakes changed.

Clio 197 F1
got my disc's for £110 and pads for £25 because my friend works at Renult now i find my back left caliper is sticking so need a new one that will cost me about £70+vat for a New one in exchange for mine. Unless anyway to repair