ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disabling ABS without pulling the fuse?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
My ABS wasn't working on my first couple of track days due to a dodgy rear sensor. I then went on to fix this due to my MOT however I came in within 3 laps on my last track day due to the horrendous brake feel.

I then pulled the abs fuse and cracked on and put in some ok times. Having now read about this method and the disabling of the brake bias, I can see that it is not ideal.

I intend to fit the Cup setup but is there a safe way in the meantime of disabling the ABS without fuse pulling antics? If I unplugged a sensor, would this disable the ABS but retain the brake bias?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I've had a thought about this. We fitted a new exhaust and decat so thought we may have disturbed a sensor connection as sometimes the lights on, sometimes it's off.

On track the pedal was kicking back which pulling the fuse cured. Does this point to a dicky reluctor ring? Would this cause an intermittent abs light?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
No way to disable it without disabling the EBD too.
Bugger. It didn't come close to killing me on track surprisingly but I'll look into full removal.

Does the intermittent light and pedal issue sound relict or related?

BMW M135i
Pedal kick purely points to the abs operating, whether this is geniune or in error is another question. Needs the abs code reading with clip and you'll have more of an idea. Intermittent ABS light could be the usual pedal switch adjustment.