ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Discs and pads again!!

RenaultSport EDC 200
Hey guys...new to the forum. Anyway got me a 172 with no brakes...as in no pads left and as a result fooked discs. I have bought the green stuff pads etc and some discs off ebay (haha worth a shot 99 quid for four!)...and could have a go at fitting them to the car myself? Looks easy enough on the guide? Anyway...as for discs... what the hell are bearings and ABS rings?! I know what abs is...i'm guessing i should go somewhere to get the four discs done...but my mate thinks that cause i bought the parts myself...kwik fit won't do it or anyone similar.

I've got two days off work and would love to get these sorted. Also got me a K-tec 182 look exhaust thingy. Don't know where to get that fit either cause you nee to put the two holes in the bumper. I'm based in Liverpool...

Thanks for any help guys..

172 cup'd extreme
the rear disks you bought need bearings pressing in, you need new ones at £30 each and abs rings at £6 each

the back brakes need the bearings pressed into them - not a job many people like doing! I had some fitted last week in a local tyre fitters - after seeing how easy it was to do I should have done it myself (front). Not sure about the back though coz of the bearings - you should be able to get it done but would not waste my time asking kwik fit or alike they will only fit parts they supply.
with regard to the exhaust try and find a custom exhaust centre (longlife etc) they should be able to sort it for you.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Heres a pic of the rear disc with the abs ring , the ring in the middle with teeth , the front discs don't have an abs ring fitted .Get your self a haynes manual , both front and rear disc / pad changing is easy .Plus get yourself a brake bleeding kit and some new dot 4 brake fluid .Castrol Respone Dot 4 from Halfrauds is pretty good stuff , doesn't cost much more than Halfrauds own .

REARDISKWITHABSRING.jpg

timsclio172 said:
the back brakes need the bearings pressed into them - not a job many people like doing! I had some fitted last week in a local tyre fitters - after seeing how easy it was to do I should have done it myself (front). Not sure about the back though coz of the bearings - you should be able to get it done but would not waste my time asking kwik fit or alike they will only fit parts they supply.
with regard to the exhaust try and find a custom exhaust centre (longlife etc) they should be able to sort it for you.
You can just get the bearings pushed in from a garage etc and fit the brakes yourself.
Brakes are easy only probelm is the backs as most places don't come with the bearings fitted.

RenaultSport EDC 200
Wicked help guys...thanks. But brake bleeding sounds crazy complicated for me. Gutted cause i really need to get this sorted...guess i'll spend all day going round garages tommorow. Maybe even go to renault? Probably not...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Lucas172 said:
Wicked help guys...thanks. But brake bleeding sounds crazy complicated for me. Gutted cause i really need to get this sorted...guess i'll spend all day going round garages tommorow. Maybe even go to renault? Probably not...

Just get haynes manual mate for the clio , they don't do em for the 172/ 182's but lots of stuff is the same . Bleeding your brakes is a piece of piece so is fitting em , and it'll save you alot of money . It should only take you 2 hours tops if you've never done it before , once you done it once then next time it'll be dead easy .

Weeman sucks ****
Make sure you don't lose or put that bearing seal/spacer on the wrong way round. They're hard to get hold of and don't come with the bearing kits or discs!!

Apart form that rears are easy to do, you'll need a 30mm iirc socket to get the centre nut off.