ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ditch Finder

Clio 197
I had to avoid some @rsehole who thought he could defeat the laws of physics...

...fortunately not much damage (just a blown inlet gasket, ruined a £70 pair of shoes, £15 in dry cleaning, £10 in interior cleaning products).

Nice way to start the weekend I suppose??

Here's a vid of my whining inlet fannimold:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eVywpuo5rY[/YOUTUBE]

Very harsh!
Bad enough when its your own fault, but when someone else causes an accident and drives away it must be infuriating.
Looks like a bad road though for passing other cars.

On the plus side the damage could be alot worse if you'd gone deeper down that embankment!

C2 Owner and Land Disco O
Hi Mate, I presume that is a C2 Code you have there?

If it is are you by any chance a member of the C2CLub ( www.c2club.co.uk ) ?

Your picture and post is also on there and everyone is wondering if you and the car are alright.

Pop over and say hello ;-)

...fortunately not much damage (just a blown inlet gasket

Hi again on the Manifold problem and whine (Whistle), the VTS (CODE/LOEB) 125bhp engine has a serious common fault, nearly 90% of our VTS members on the C2 site have had serious problems with the manifold bolts breaking or just falling out, this then causes the whine / whistle. A few of the members have had theirs replaced several times under warrenty.
Citroen know of the problem but don't publicise the fact and if you just turn up and tell them they will denie this and try and charge you for the repair. (It is a warrenty clain mate)

Here is a picture off our site for you to see the common problem. (BOLTS UNDOING)

www.maleko.co.uk/files/car_pics/manifoldwhis01.jpg

Clio 197
Hi Mate, I presume that is a C2 Code you have there?

If it is are you by any chance a member of the C2CLub ( www.c2club.co.uk ) ?

Your picture and post is also on there and everyone is wondering if you and the car are alright.

Pop over and say hello ;-)

Hiya,

I registered on c2 sports club, but it wasn't my type of place TBH (a lot younger, lol).

I've have a butchers @ the forum.

Ta for the pics.

I tightened the bolts on the top-half of the manifold (not the bottom one in your photo), which sorted the whine out.

:D

Clio 197
Very harsh!
Bad enough when its your own fault, but when someone else causes an accident and drives away it must be infuriating.
Looks like a bad road though for passing other cars.

On the plus side the damage could be alot worse if you'd gone deeper down that embankment!

Well, as I was going down I thought "ok here we go...".

I was expecting the car to end up on its roof TBH. Perhaps I should have steered into it in hinsight. Mind you, if I had there would have been some serious front damage.

The C2club is a total different place than the C2sports club, I am 36 and there discussions are alot more grown up :)

By the way where are you based? I am the Midlands C2club LAM Official, andwe have quite a few meets coming up in the next few month, come over to the site and have a look around. www.c2club.co.uk (Free subscription and no need to be a full member to join the meets or find where they are)

Clio 197
ouch, how did you get it out of the ditch?

Chap in a landy came past...

..I already had my tow-rope ready for a passer-by (I never go anywhere without it).

The car slid even closer to the water everytime I shut the drivers door; so it was really on the limit.

I told the chap that I didn't want to be in it whilst being towed out in case it went on its roof into the water (at which point none of the doors would have opened).

So I stood outside the car holding the steering whilst he towed it, and surprise surprise it started going down into the water... but miraculously it suddenly gripped and started to come up.

PS The passenger side wheels weren't touching anything (ie, they were in the air).

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
...fortunately not much damage (just a blown inlet gasket

Hi again on the Manifold problem and whine (Whistle), the VTS (CODE/LOEB) 125bhp engine has a serious common fault, nearly 90% of our VTS members on the C2 site have had serious problems with the manifold bolts breaking or just falling out, this then causes the whine / whistle. A few of the members have had theirs replaced several times under warrenty.
Citroen know of the problem but don't publicise the fact and if you just turn up and tell them they will denie this and try and charge you for the repair. (It is a warrenty clain mate)

Here is a picture off our site for you to see the common problem. (BOLTS UNDOING)

www.maleko.co.uk/files/car_pics/manifoldwhis01.jpg

Threadlock anyone lol?!

Clio 197
That's bad.

Oms - did the person who caused that just carry on driving ??

He stopped, tried to tow me out and couldn't due to having inappropriate tread on his front tyres...

...he then went to find someone with a tractor/4x4. I waited so bl**dy long for him to return; so I gave up and just flagged down a passing farmer.

A lovely (but large) lady from down the road came running up to help - she told me that she was walking home when she saw the car in question tearing through the village at speed.

I got her name and address just in case there was damage. I might go back for some action... she was quite tasty. ;)

I took the offending vehicle's index down too.