ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

Re: dmallett's titanium ph1

Random selection of pictures, havent even covered 100miles in this car yet!
null-1323.jpg

null-1002.jpg

null-362.jpg

null-1243.jpg

Well it was sold so I hadnt thought about it, sale has fallen through so I could put it in.

But the way im looking at it is;
In all honesty I doubt I will own this by christmas. I would be better of selling the 421'd engine on its own. By the time i fit it then get it mapped financially i would be worse off than selling the engine and the car.

In simple peak terms
Monaco - 197.7bhp and 156lbft.
Ph1 - 173.3bhp and 153lbft

Both on different rollers so not really comparable and the ph1 is lighter.

Are you getting itchy feet to sell up already lol, if it doesn't make financial sense then I understand why you don't want to do. The ph1 is still putting good power out very similar torque figures.

Not really, I'm just forever trying to achieve the same thing with these cars and its not something that I dont enjoy anymore unfortunately.
I love working on the clios as it so easy for me now, but once I've done something I get no real sense of achievement as I've done it before, more than once.

The ph1 has an awesome engine in it tbh, really does go well!

This week i went to DannyR's house to collect all of his spare, needless to say I now have even more parts kicking about but most of these were useful! I have issues with clios/part i feel.

null_zpsa3e761e3.jpg

null_zpsa2ef9a5f.jpg

null_zps534b4c67.jpg

null_zps3dcb7a3c.jpg

Then I decided it was finally time to part with the monaco after it had been stripped to an inch of its life. Look away Dan @ 519!
null_zps605c1d27.jpg

null_zps78605cb5.jpg

Fairwell!

Mean while tonight i swapped the following parts, pretty pointless but whilst i was it I changed everything in the search to cure my sticky throttle.
-Inlet gasket
-Map sensor
-Coil pack
-Air temp sensor
-throttle body
-ICV

and guess what! it seems to of finally fixed itself :)

Undecided wether to attend trax in the car on not, havent even looked at getting a ticket yet lol

Many.

Trax Ticket deadline is tonight I think, or buy on the gate! You know it'll be a laugh, and you might even get your airbag light solved :p

Good to see the Monaco finally go, I think I got my fair share of bits from it :)

172 cup, Impreza P1

This week i went to DannyR's house to collect all of his spare, needless to say I now have even more parts kicking about but most of these were useful! I have issues with clios/part i feel.

null_zpsa3e761e3.jpg

Lol! :lolup:

Some collection you've got there.

Trax Ticket deadline is tonight I think, or buy on the gate! You know it'll be a laugh, and you might even get your airbag light solved :p

Good to see the Monaco finally go, I think I got my fair share of bits from it :)

It was the 1st of August as a deadline for the stand, think I missed that slightly!
Im seriously considering coming still though I wont be able to get my car to you to try fix it :(
I was set on coming, it would mean cleaning my car and fixing me exhaust hanger though so its not all bad if I dont get on the stand.

You did have a fair few bits, plus you like to remove parts yourself which i cant knock! ha

You're officially as mad as a hatter

That is all you ever say Rhys! Your due a visit from me soon, its the rule to visit you when I change car.

Catching up in the spares dept son!

Im trying, you will be begging me to be part of the DJW crew in no time ;)
Lol! :lolup:

Some collection you've got there.

It is, couldnt believe it when Danny offered me his spares and there were 4 ICV's sitting there haha

ph1 172

I know sorry mate it was a last minute thing I did last week and then forgot about it lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

You're certainly doing it the Djw way. Next buy something different, then another clio. I'm back down your way in November, I expect you'll be back in another Clio by then.

Im so undecided on what to do its unreal, talking about it tonight and everyone was saying I would just end up loosing money and back in a clio.

When in November are you down?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Oh if you lose money in your non Clio we'll have no option but to let you into djw ;) my record was 50% on the Audi a4 that I thought I wanted.

Round about the 7-9th iirc. Not 100% sure though

Jeeez that is a big hit on the audi, as you stalk me you already spotted what i was thinking moving onto. Would you not advise it?
Its either change to something else or slowly build up this for a super charger kit, as home brew as possible as it will give me something to do.

7-9th is week days, boo.

Finally fixed the exhaust, well kind of. Put a universal powerflex mount in it, it worked wonders. Though it looks s**t.
null_zps729750b9.jpg

How it sits now. Sits slightly to one side but thats the best I could get it
null_zps8b1f353b.jpg

Added some lows as coilovers were set the same as on the monaco.
null_zpse11c618f.jpg

null_zps117e6310.jpg

null_zpsf723ba3a.jpg

null_zpse9ca448a.jpg

null_zps12390157.jpg

One day I will take pictures of it off my drive way and with out using an iphone, one day!

s**t update as per,

Bought a set of matching bucket seats
null_zps711df6c3.jpg

Fitted the drivers side one, yet to fit the passenger side one!
null_zps6950164f.jpg

Passenger side seat on OMP subframe ready to go in when i get round to it
null_zps80da247c.jpg

Painted fog air duct things satin black
null_zpsc0eade36.jpg

Painted door grabs satin black
null_zps4a29dd49.jpg

Got the geo set up, 1.5' camber either side 20mins toe out. The man doing it ask if it had been in a crash as the geo was that bad, truth is I hadnt had it done since owning the car and pulling it apart/changing various bits.
null_zpsd4b6a5dd.jpg

Lost a HID ballast whilst driving one night, so replaced them with another set of chavtastic HID's, note the mismatching side lights :eek:
null_zps91825f45.jpg

Girlfriend went to uni, so i now have her car to use along side my car/works van. More french s**t on my drive! She also hinted it needs a service and the central locking fixing, oh joys. But it does mean that I never have to drive the clio anymore if I dont want to
null_zpsf78bf973.jpg

Then I got some paint mixed up at halfords to paint the bottom lip on the bumper (currently matt black). For £10 i thought it was worth a try, i wasnt expecting it to be the same, but this is something else! Looks like primer to me :S
null_zps18f274e1.jpg

Unsure what to do, get some more paint mixed up? Go black? Go the same colour as the wheels (graphite grey)?

Ideally i should just get the bumper resprayed, but I would rather wait until after winter and get the wheels refurbed at the same time.

Next up MOT & Tax :(

Back to halfords today to winge about my paint, got another one mixed for free and it looks roughly the same colour, finish is shocking on it but ohwell!
null_zps3f164e23.jpg

Much better!

Ta mate, reality is it still looks s**t!

Car passed its MOT this morning, slight play in the driver side inner tie rod. So nothing major, probably do a track/tie rod and bushes refresh on the front end at some point anyway so that will be sorted. Only other thing was i managed to ruin the exhaust mount on the way there, spilt my powerflex mount down the middle! Probably only last 200miles so need to get a new one and re-align the exhaust so its not under so much stress.

Also put 6months tax on the car so its safe to say the car will be alive for at least another 6 months. Hopefully the new year will see some interesting developments with it :)

In all its filthy glory!
null_zps0895a587.jpg

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5

Glad it passed ok, can't see how people use the power-flex exhaust mount bush's without them splitting, when I used them they split within a few miles.

Glad it passed ok, can't see how people use the power-flex exhaust mount bush's without them splitting, when I used them they split within a few miles.

Cheers! On the flamer it lasted to the ring and back so im blaming this exhaust! Might look for an alternative method

Oh.

Still silver.

I'm coming down in 2 weeks, I'll bring a paint brush and roller

Oh.

Still here?

When you come down in 2 weeks, ill remind you how s**t your focus is. B&Q mix flame red iirc.

;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Lol! I might not make it all the way down, high chance of falling asleep at the wheel. Apparently we can't take the clio when the focus is a "much better motorway car". A coil pack might "fail" the day before.

Very true! Id bring the clio, just tell the other half you no this bloke with a lot of spare coilpacks nearby ;)

No brainer to take the focus though, id rather drive my works van all that way than I would my car.