ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do all FF Ph2 172's feature traction control & ESP ?

Cupped 182
Hi all,
Was wondering the above, as I've never detected a hint of traction control on my 172; for example it'll spin really easily if it's wet & I pull away at the lights with a slightly heavy foot.

Looked in the manual, & there's a switch to turn the ESP off (to right of steering wheel), which my car doesn't have.

Thought these were standard, no?

Cheers,
Graham

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
my 02 172 doesn't have it either, it was even one of my criteria, not having esp etc

esp and all that stuff is for wimps imo

Cupped 182
my 02 172 doesn't have it either, it was even one of my criteria, not having esp etc

That's fine when I'm driving on my own, but when I've my 1 year old daughter as a passenger I'd be happy to be known as a 'wimp' if means we're safer...

So was it an optional extra then?

Iceberg 172
Think it was optional early on and became standard after the '03' MY revamp. Or something like that.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2

That's fine when I'm driving on my own, but when I've my 1 year old daughter as a passenger I'd be happy to be known as a 'wimp' if means we're safer...

So was it an optional extra then?

Would prefer to be a wimp too, if I had a 1year old passenger:eek:, but i still think it could give you a false sence of safety.

extra yes

Mines got it but no cruise control. Its an 04 and pretty much every other 53/04 I seen had it. Its the only option it doesnt have.

BMW M135i
Was standard from late 2002, so some/most 52 plates have it and pretty much all 03 plates have it. Cruise/speed limiter was introduced as standard late 2003 so some 53/04 plates have it, some don't.

When I bought mine I specifically went after one with both fitted.

Obvious telltale is whether its got the switches fitted on the righthand lower switch panel (mine) :

IMG_1990.JPG

Cupped 182
p.s. Has anyone found a use yet for that little cubby-hole to the right of the steering column?! (see pic above)

I don't think anything I've put in there has ever lasted more than 5 minutes!

...was even thinking of putting a rubber strip in there to make it grippy..