ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do Dell OEM Windows 7 Discs come bundled with anything?

Not a 320d
Reason im asking is, ive just got a new laptop and it comes with an OEM Dell DVD for windows 7 re installation. The laptop is full of shite, like some gay object dock at the top, and Macaffee Anti Virus. The laptop is s**t slow lol.

If i re install, will it also prompt me to run through the first time setup thing when you first start up a laptop?

R26
It will install all the crap again mate and reset it to exactly how it was when you bought it

Best thing to do is just remove all the applications you dont want

i have done ultimate and pro and buisness installs from dell media and they are just standard 7 installs bar them checking its a dell machine

Tesla MP3 2021
If you format the HDD and re-install using the Dell Win7 DVD then it will just install a "fresh" copy of Windows

I have done it quite a few times on Dell machines using Vista DVD's.

Not a 320d
I might give it a try, ive removed all the crap, or most of it. Also got the hard drive in 2 partitions which is a PITA.

Ph-Sold!
Could you not download a pirate version of windows 7 but use your current key therefore making it legal?

This. Not a pefect solution I admit but that's the whole problem with the recovery partition nonesense, done it with Vista when HDD totally failed on a laptop once and used the key with the machine with no problems.

I wouldn't suggest the process is entirely legal though.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My Dell Windows disc contains just that, Windows. All the other s**t is on another disc. Same with the other laptops in the house.

Could you not download a pirate version of windows 7 but use your current key therefore making it legal?

Im not 100% sure this would work. I remember downloading a not so legal version of XP a couple of years ago because I couldn't be arsed to dig out the dell XP dvd. When asked for the CD key I entered the one on bottom of laptop and it didn't work. I think its something to do with the CD key that Microsoft uses with manufacturers are different to the ones that would come with a normal version of the OS. Thankfully I had a CD key gen anyway :x

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
nope they dont they're not restore discs, dell ship with the OS disc preactivated for dells only and then separately the drivers etc. anyone who disputes this is doing something wrong.

Go cry to your momma!
It wont have any bloatware on it as it's an OS disc and not a "restore" disc so you'll be fine.

You can download genuine win7 iso files if you look hard enough - I've got a few and the checksums are correct :)

Also, if Dell have sold you a machine with 4GB RAM and included say, win7 pro 32bit, you are within license agreements to use your product code on the 64bit edition.
The code works for both..

Microsoft keeping it simple eh ;D