ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I need a fuel rail guard?

Back to the fuel rail.....what if you had a spare £180 and fitted one of these K-Tec billet jobs:

Would that be as 'safe' as the OEM plastic with guard?

Reason for asking is I've been racing for a couple of years with the plastic rail and no guard.....dickhead, yes! But have consoled myself with the thought that if the worst happens I have 4 extinguisher jets in the engine bay.
I've always hankered after the billet rail, but the price just kills me.....although maybe going up in a V-power fuelled fireball might kill me a bit more.
Maybe I should just bite the billet and order one.

PS, I've no idea what happened to the original guard, reckon I must have thrown it out in a weight saving frenzy.

HK52 VLW 172 Cup
In your position I think the question I would ask myself is "how much safer is the billet Vs the original alloy guard, and is that benefit reflected in the price?"

Looking at the billet link vs a used ebay original unit blinged up with a little paint or polish, I think I would go with the latter.