ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do i stay with my 182 sport or newer Trophy.?

Racing Blue 182
My local Renault dealer has at present a nice gleaming 182 trophy, all standard etc. Ive been the proud owner of my black 182 sport for only 6 months but the warranty has now run out and it had its MOT last week (all passed ok).

This trophy is 55 reg, 18 months warranty left etc and is the bo****ks.
The deal they are offering is a quite a bit more than what im currently paying monthly so was wondering if it is really worth upgrading for?

Im test driving it this week and was just after some general advice, would anyone else do the same? Is it really anybetter? My current 182 is standard mod wise apart from an air filter and tints..

Thanks

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
all depends on the price they give you for the 182

i drove a few Trophys when i was looking for a 182, you'll love it.

i just couldn't live without all the creature comforts and i wasn't a fan of the colour.

LY V6 with Recaros
I nearly bought a Trophy instead of mine, but I wouldn't have got such a good deal as I did with mine, and the only thing I prefered about it really was the recaros. But drive it and see what you think and if they do a good deal for you.l

cock mobile.
Probably not worth the money, for what is essentially the same car.

Get a 197.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
warranty - worth virtually nought anyway - bits that break are rarely covered anyway!

should be 3 years anyway (1 year Reno, 2 years dealer)??

check the figures - I bet they'll sting you for 4 or 5K for something that, shocks apart, is essentially same thing.

I am prepared to be shot!

Racing Blue 182
Theyve said that they would give me £7500 for mine which would effectiveley right off the finance as thats whas left to pay (I havent had it long) so basically I would just be re-financing the Trophy on its own.
they want £11999 for the Trophy, only 11000 miles on a 55 plate.

Mines done 39,500 which has gone against it I think!

cock mobile.
Theyve said that they would give me £7500 for mine which would effectiveley right off the finance as thats whas left to pay (I havent had it long) so basically I would just be re-financing the Trophy on its own.
they want £11999 for the Trophy, only 11000 miles on a 55 plate.

Mines done 39,500 which has gone against it I think!

The figures are about what you'd expect, but seriously, is it worth 4.5k? :eek:

Racing Blue 182
Its probably not, I was only really considering as it had warranty etc but that sounds like its not worth it!

want some anthracite wheels tho so might just get them instead I think and stick with what Ive got! (silver ones at the mo)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Get the trophy, you won't regret it.

Better all round inc residuals.

I never looked back.

As for a 197 im like a lot of people waiting for less weight etc.

As above, it seems to me that the Trophy's are the only RS's (only French car!!) that hold their value. So depending on how long you keep it, could make financial sense. Having said that 11k is a hell of a lot of money for a used 'old shape' Clio flash suspension or not.

Racing Blue 182
God its a hard decision!!

I do like the look of the trophy and the fact you dont see many around!

The only thing I really regret with my 182 sport is the colour, black seemed a good idea at the time!!!

Im like you, waiting for a lighter 197 - do you know when they are bringing out a diff spec?

RB 182
I'm wondering the same thing myself as I'll be getting a Sport in the summer so watching this out of interest too.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
It's nice having a rare car, looks good when cleaned up.

The handling on our crap roads is fantastic too.

You missed the one for £9999 at a dealers then??

Great when dealers get it wrong;) They get priced as cups because no glasses for trophy ;)

MINI JCW
I wouldnt bother, basically you will be paying 4k for marginally better handling (I dont knoe but probably hardly noticeable on the road) and then you loose loads of kit.

If you are going to change just go for a much better car

BMW 330D
Imo id keep the car you have.
Although the trophy is a limited edition and a rare car i wouldnt think it justifies spending an extra £4500!.

VRS
buy some recaros and ledas for 2k! saves you 2 grand and you end up with the better car :)

I driven a 182 with bucket seats and leda's professionally set up by Mark Fish and I wouldn't say it was better.

sorry i should have said 'imo' :D

im a fan of all the gizmos on the full fats and dont like the capsicum red paint job so in my opinion a full fat with buckets and coilies is better than a trophy :)

106 GTi
Stick some H&R's on and fit some decent seats in yours, Much better colour too ;)

Where is the Trophy Gloucester or Chelt?

Racing Blue 182
The Trophy is actually down in Bristol at SJ Cooks - went and viewed a 182 sport in Racing blue yesterday avo, very tempted, its a year older than mine but only done 6500miles!!

Clio 172 mk2
I forgot about the residuals.....the Trophy has got to hold it's value more than a stock 182.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
There's a trophy at a renault dealers £9995, in the midlands.

Sutton Park ;)

Racing Blue 182
Il have a look at that, I did like this 182 yesterday tho and its soo low mileage, was previously owned by a 47 year old woman - get in!!!

Mountune Tractor
colour1.jpg

imagegallery17.jpg

imagegallery16.jpg

imagegallery3.jpg

imagegallery4.jpg