ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you ever get sick of your loud exhaust?

Swift Sport
I've been in two minds about getting a Ktec exhaust for my 197 for some time now, the main thing putting me off is the fact that I had a Powerflow backbox on my old 172 and I had it replaced back to standard because it did my head in!

Thing is though, the Ktec seems to sound much nicer and less 'drone' than my old Powerflow... So maybe it wouldn't be so bad!

If anyone in the Midlands has one fitted I'd love to sample one, just thought I'd get some opinons on here too! :)

Ste.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine was awesome only when in the mood, pissed me off bigstyle any othertime, and i felt a t**t taking people who have no interest in cars out in it.

audi a6 3.0tdi
they are embarrassing. I wouldn't like to take anyone out in the clio with the exhaust on.

S4 Avant
Two things piss me off about mine...

It rattles like fuck, as the baffles have blown
People shout "wanker" at me as I drive past.

M2 Competition
Yep. Fun when you're n the mood, awful, absolutely awful when you're not.

I think in many cases its an age thing, i thought i looked the bee's knee's with a loud can on when i was younger.

Standard induction noise all the way.

Mk4 .:R32
mine did my tits in on my 172. you have to be in the right mood to enjoy it. It's a breath of fresh air having a quiet car

I dont like the fact you cant get rid of the sound, its always loud. With an air filter you can do something to make your driving quieter.

Audi A3
i dont mind mine quite like it, find it odd driving a quiet car/a car without the exhaust note etc, just dosent sound right lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
As ace as this is, imagine that noise ALL the time

[YOUTUBE]pOb1ebpe9eo[/YOUTUBE]

330Ci (Fail)Sport
That yozza system would be too loud for me. Don't think I could live with that.

Prefer raspier like this

[youtube]7URiUB21WK4[/youtube]

It's not too bad when driving normally, sounds great when you put your foot down though.

I'm still young and its the first "loud" exhaust I have so doesn't bother me personally.

Swift Sport
Kinda what I was hoping to hear, I think if I really wanted to change my exhaust I'd have done so by now.

Thanks for the comments!

audi a6 3.0tdi
mine was bad with the interior in and is far worse with out interior and sound proofing.

Yes! It pisses me right off sometimes when I'm not in the mood for it, even more so on the motorways. Although when I'm in the mood I love the noise it makes.

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
I had one on my first car (1.2 Punto) and obviously at the time I thought it was amazing... It sounded w**k and since then i've hated them on any normal car.

Bikes though, thats a different story.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
love mine

straight through with a magnex, and I took the rear seats out to get a bit more noise :D

never really like my other valvers standard exhaust

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I think mine sounds great. At low revs on a light throttle it's only slightly bassier than standard.

But give it some and it screams along nicely.

+1
This thread makes me glad i went for the exhaust I went for:). Never boomy or intrusive at motorway speeds but just nice when giving it full chat.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
I dont so much mint the noise on mine (straight through with standard back box). A few weeks back it was stupid loud but the back box was fooked, i swapped that and it quietened it alot.

Only thing I dont like is taking other people in my car who know sweet FA about cars but instantly pull out the word chav, and call you car s**t because it sounds loud? WTF?! Get out and walk you c**t! :mad:

Drums? it's not pov spec :eek:

It's a front one or i'd have it done in 20 minutes. Even been buying new brakes so i have an excuse to have it on the ramp. Hate doing my own stuff in winter
Its not the cammed RSI? :p

I know how you feel, if it was a drum then that would take the michael though.

Got a diesel lump to swap on a gravel drive over xmas. Count yourself lucky.

Evo 8 MR
Never get sick of mine (K-tec recessed with decat) regardless of whether I'm in the mood or not tbh although long motorway journeys can cause headaches in which case I usually put my foot down to get home quicker.

I think a loud exhaust is a proper exhaust tbh, I can't stand the noise the engine makes when booting it as standard, it's just not right.