ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy or not?

Hii Mate

Good day !! I would like to make an enquiry for this vehicle which was posted online in autotrader website today .

Please with due respect i would like to know if is still available for sale and the main reason why selling it as well.

Really am satisfied what you've said so far about the car on the advert and am happily to proceed with the purchase.

Thanks so much and i look forward to hear back from you today whereby further arrangements will be entertain as soon as possible .

Am presently located in uk Carmarthenshire wales on a course programmes.
Cheers.

julius.

What you think? that dodgy or am I being over protective?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i thought it was dodgey untill the last bit about his location then i started to have doubts but not 100% sure to be honest, id reply asking for his number to talk further and take it from there.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I would expect a phone call to be honest, but in emails things like course programmes that don't make sense, you'd just say you were workng or on a course there.

No telephone number so cant ring him. I have emailed him back telling him I dont need a car for work so no longer need a car and if he would like to come and see it then could he call me on my mobile

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Hii Mate

Good day !! I would like to make an enquiry for this vehicle which was posted online in autotrader website today .

Please with due respect i would like to know if is still available for sale and the main reason why selling it as well.

Really am satisfied what you've said so far about the car on the advert and am happily to proceed with the purchase.

Thanks so much and i look forward to hear back from you today whereby further arrangements will be entertain as soon as possible .

Cheers.

julius.
What you think? that dodgy or am I being over protective?

Typical nigerian scammer talk. Especially the highlighted bit.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Hii Mate

Please with due respect i would like to know if is still available for sale and the main reason why (you are) selling it as well.

Cheers.

julius.

Just a few things that stand out

Get the money, and tell him you will wait until it has cleared, remember if it's a fake/stolen cheque you might have the money taken back after a few weeks/months.

omg, you actually thought this might be legit?

I included email me thing on ps and autotrader but not once did I reply to any emails. I must have had 30-40 of these in the space of 2 weeks. If they are that interested they will ring imo.

theduckeatspork - put no canvassers at the end of your ad if you've not done so already.

That should prevent Mr scammer trying it on.

Lmao at the reply I just got.

Hii ,

Good afternoon !! You pretty sound good to me and am quite elated the car is still available for sale and thanks for the time taking for the details you've just provided about the car , am quite excited to hear from you the car is still in good conditions.

Please i want you to be sincere with me at this point i should be convience this car is genuiely owned by you and i hope all the relevant papers document is fully completed and available as well just for safety sale assurance and I do hope there is no outstanding finance on it as well.

Honestly speaking am getting the car unbehalf of my wife whom i just got married with two weeks ago.She is from uk in scoltland.Presently she is in malmo sweden my native country .
Am sure you will quite agree with me in uk they use to right hand drive (RHD) and over there in sweden we are use to left hand drive (LHD).She really find it soo difficult to drive my car which i left for her due to the position of the steering and she wouldn't want to risk her life to drive my car.Therefore she instructed me to buy her a uk car in britain which is she normally used to drive in scoltland.

My wife needed a car right now due to the distance from her working place to house is about an hour drive.

Am sure she will be excited have got one for her in british design 'right hand drive ' and am counting on you now to consider the car sold to me most expecially for my wife sake.
Without taking much time i should be arranging for the payment and shipping process right away hopefully before this week runs down.

Please with due respect i would like you to email me more pictures if is still available both the exterior , interior and the engine , i would really appreciate that soo much because it would not be possible for me to come for the viewing due to my course programme in wales and as for the price i will offer you £6950 GBP just becuase i know the worth of the car and moreso what you' ve stated about the car details in the advert and in additional including the advert charges you've spent soo far .

Am quite delighted and satisfied what you've mention soo far about the car and as for the shipping cost you have nothing to worry about ok!! i will take care of that myself have already make an enquiry with a private shipping cargo company who's going to handle it professionally for me both the shipping cost and other necessary development concerning the shipment of the car such as cost of insurance,bill of lading and custom charges etc,because the car will be finally ship down to malmo sweden.Apart from the car being shipped at your location there is other consignments the shipper will need to ship for me in some state in uk but have made it clear to him your location will be his first arrival before moving to any other destination .

However,as for the payment status the it will be endorse inform of a united kingdom bankers draft(GBP) issue by united kingdom bank british base which am going to instruct my business associate post you uk bankers draft via register postal mail. Please Keep note YOU DON'T HAVE TO PROVIDE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS ONLINE FOR THE PAYMENT.The payment will be post to you inform of bankers draft.
The bankers draft is going to clear in any bank in united kingdom my bank advised and it will take maximum of 3 to 4 days working days to fully cleared .

Mind you am 100 percent agree with you the payment must fully matured INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT FOR VERIFICATION BY YOUR BANK MANAGEMENTS before i can legally own the vehicle and once you've confirm the payment clearance and the money is finally available in your bank account the car should be hand over to the shippingagent and papers document aswell once they arrive your location. Am from sweden but presently located in uk wales on course programmes.

Thanks soo much and i really appreciate your time taking to response to my enquiry.Hopefully to hear back from you today in order to proceed further with the payment and shipping arrangements as soon as possible. I look forward to hear back from you today.

Cheers...

julius.

A nice story.
Would have been quicker just asking for your bank details.

Sending almost 7K for a car you've never seen, come on!
I'm sure you get a day off on this "course", pal.

Watched a program on these scammers and the lengths they go to are ridiculous, spending months building up relations with women in the UK so they can get money off them when "the airline loses their luggage and they need to buy clothes while on business in Paris with their international property firm."

People totally buy into though.

Thing is all the capital letters and bold is what they put in! Also its more than the car is advertised for!

Spoke to local police for advice on what to do and they said let them send you the money and if it turns out to be fraudulant then the bank will investigate

VX220
Yeah if its not George then its definitely cousin Benson!
You could tell him you will only accept paypal. Say you have never used it before and that he should transfer a small sum like £50 just to make sure its working. Then run with his £50 if he is stupid enough to send it. Then the worst he gets is your email address and no bank details, even if he does need to clean the vault, find the illegal card reader or transfer you the monies!